Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

GT4 supercar championship

Search this Thread

Old 01 May 2005, 10:22 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GT4 supercar championship

this is doing my nut in, managed to do a few races myself but im struggling with the others

tried b spec mode on soel and hes compleatly SHAT!!
im useing the nsx LM road car with about 950bhp

i think i have won 2 races in the championship
one is defo midfield, and it was close all the way with the caddy cien, near the end i siezed my chance and rammed him off the track

not sure if its me on the d-frorce pro or not but im really struggling with it

what car did you use and which mods??
and i cant enter my own cien as its a modified car but the cpu can enter one
Old 02 May 2005, 07:39 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had to use a variety of cars A tuned Zonda for most of them after the TVR (can't remember the model but it's 800bhp) and the tuned DB9 seemed to be ok for certain circuits
Old 03 May 2005, 09:24 AM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...

Modded DB9 for the lot...
Old 03 May 2005, 01:46 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Modded up fully lightened M5 did it for me (after messiah pointed out that 'unmodified' didn't actually mean unmodified )

I'm fooked on the next one now. There is a 92 Pug race car that keeps disappearing into the distance. You can buy one for 3.5 million, but I wasted all my cash trying to buy an unmodified supercar to win the supercar series
Old 03 May 2005, 01:52 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Can't remeber what cars compete in the GT World Championship! Think I stuck with the Aston for those though - or I might have gone with the F1 car Audi R8 from the endurance series. (didn't do professional hall til quite late on - started with special condition, mission & jap halls first - well the first car I bought was a scoob after all )
Old 03 May 2005, 04:14 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

I used the Bentley speed 8 for the GT world championship and after a few attempts won most of the races and just made sure that I exited between races to save. I won 7 out of 10 I think so I can just go back to the others and try again.
Old 03 May 2005, 04:24 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Question

Originally Posted by paulpalmer
I used the Bentley speed 8 for the GT world championship and after a few attempts won most of the races and just made sure that I exited between races to save. I won 7 out of 10 I think so I can just go back to the others and try again.

where di you get the bentley

Trending Topics

Old 03 May 2005, 04:42 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

24hr Le Sarthe 2 endurance race.
Old 03 May 2005, 04:59 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by messiah
24hr Le Sarthe 2 endurance race.

I take it that'll be one for B Spec - - I can see the wifes face if I said I would be unavailable for chores from 6.00PM Friday for 24 hours
Old 04 May 2005, 09:15 AM
messiah
Scooby Regular

B-Spec - oh yes, just make sure your motor has shedloads of bhp as you may find one of the opponents is a bit on the "**** hot" side

I used the Audi R8 and left the PS2 on while I went to bed - found out 15 hrs in I was a lap down - took 3 hrs on A-Spec to get it back
Old 04 May 2005, 11:48 AM
mmmiddy
Scooby Regular

My B Spec driver is unbelievable!

Watching him yesterday ramming in the back of slower cars instead of overtaking, and that was on a long straight, not diving into a corner.

Doing one of the endurance races, lap and a half in the lead, two pit stops to go, about 20 laps, went to the shop, came back, finished 2nd!!
Old 04 May 2005, 11:57 AM
RB5-Black
Scooby Regular

my B-spec man is so bad I nick named him Jeff the GIMP

well my GF thought it was funny
Old 04 May 2005, 12:56 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mmmiddy

Watching him yesterday ramming in the back of slower cars instead of overtaking, and that was on a long straight, not diving into a corner.

Doing one of the endurance races, lap and a half in the lead, two pit stops to go, about 20 laps, went to the shop, came back, finished 2nd!!
Don't suppose that was Super Speedway was it? My B-Spec driver is hopeless at it...

You may want to consider doing the qualifying for him so he doesn't need to overtake anything...

A few tips for improving your drivers stats - use him to redo all the races in beginner section, its a bit of a pain but he'll be using lots of types of cars and different tracks. Setting it to "push hard" will get better improvements but as he's likely to go off you just have to live with it - mine seems to be rubbish at Super Speedway & Tsukuba but can do 6.08sec laps of the 'ring! IIRC my b-spec driver has a score of 7500+ with skills of 97, 75 & 71. (& 14,000 miles under his belt)
Old 07 May 2005, 07:38 PM
mmmiddy
Scooby Regular

Couple of questions.

What car did you use for 24h Le Sarthe? Seem to be able to do the fastest laps by a long way, just too many pit stops slowing me down.

How do you take part in the GT world championship? I've got Gold cups in all the Beginner & Professional races, but it still won't let me enter it or the Extreme races!
Old 08 May 2005, 02:37 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Cool

Don't suppose that was Super Speedway was it? My B-Spec driver is hopeless at it...

You may want to consider doing the qualifying for him so he doesn't need to overtake anything...

A few tips for improving your drivers stats - use him to redo all the races in beginner section, its a bit of a pain but he'll be using lots of types of cars and different tracks. Setting it to "push hard" will get better improvements but as he's likely to go off you just have to live with it - mine seems to be rubbish at Super Speedway & Tsukuba but can do 6.08sec laps of the 'ring! IIRC my b-spec driver has a score of 7500+ with skills of 97, 75 & 71. (& 14,000 miles under his belt)
I've just set my B spec driver to doing all the beginner races in a 600bhp Nismo 400R to get his stats up. even on #1 he kicks *** in the clubmans races
Old 09 May 2005, 09:22 AM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Couple of questions.

What car did you use for 24h Le Sarthe? Seem to be able to do the fastest laps by a long way, just too many pit stops slowing me down.

How do you take part in the GT world championship? I've got Gold cups in all the Beginner & Professional races, but it still won't let me enter it or the Extreme races!
Le Sarthe I - Minolta Toyota 88C-V
Le Sarthe II - Audi R8

When I used the Audi at Le Sarthe and found myself a lap down, I switched to A-Spec and could lap 10sec quicker but had to pit every 3 laps as I was eating tyres - so I only gained time on the leader when he pitted...

In the GT World Champ. - are you sure you have all Golds?
Old 09 May 2005, 01:43 PM
mmmiddy
Scooby Regular

Hi Paul, got it sussed now, did like you said and went back and completed the beginners in B Spec mode. It was my driver not the car.

Also switched to the Audi for the Le Sarthe II and wish I hadn't! Was leading by a long way, but he's developed a tendency to slam into the wall on the straight for no apparent reason, even on slow pace.

18 hours in at the moment.
Old 09 May 2005, 01:50 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

the wall slamming thing is due to ride height being too low - it's esp bad with the F1 car...
Old 09 May 2005, 02:02 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

I've noticed that too. He doesn't improve much with experience I was wondering if it was McRae
Old 10 May 2005, 02:07 PM
mmmiddy
Scooby Regular

the wall slamming thing is due to ride height being too low - it's esp bad with the F1 car...
How much do I raise the ride height? and do I change anything else, spring rate etc.

Really pissing me off this, I was 18 hours in with no problems, then he starts doing this nearly every lap.
Old 10 May 2005, 02:37 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Raising it 15mm fixes it apparently. You might have better luck going for a proper Le Mans car.
Old 11 May 2005, 12:14 PM
mmmiddy
Scooby Regular

At Last! That's all the endurance races out of the way.

Used the Audi for Le Sarthe II, raised the ride height, adjusted the toe in at the back, for a bit more stability, still hit the wall occasionally! Think the car is just too fast down that straight.

Won the race by about 2 mins, got the lead early on but just couldn't pull away, even drove the last two laps myself! Well I had to give the B Spec guy a rest sometime!

Last edited by mmmiddy; 11 May 2005 at 12:39 PM.