Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Cone Challenges - PGR 2

Search this Thread

Old 10 February 2004, 12:37 PM
Miles
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Cone Challenges - PGR 2

I'm beginning to bang my head off the wall over get good Kudos points in PGR2 cone challenges to get more silver and gold medals. For instance, I've got one bronze in the Ultimate class to go before I unlock the 250GTO and I'm about half way through getting silvers (except on the cone challenges).

I know that the multipler has to remain going in order to clock up sufficient points, but after watching the top ghosts on Live, how do they pull those 360s and the weaving malarky - I can't figure out how to do it!

Anyone got any tips - before the controller is flung down and I flounce off in a girly huff.
Old 10 February 2004, 01:29 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Don't bother trying to do anything flash, just get through the cones, score good line bonuses and make the finish.

To keep your bonus accumulating you can do a little handbrake thingie, just stab the handbrake - full lock one way then full lock the other way, with practice you'll get a slide bonus - enought to keep the counter going - and won't lose much speed.
Old 10 February 2004, 02:51 PM
Neanderthal
Scooby Regular

Yep, do what Jack says.
In the first PGR you had to invoke a little slide between cars on most of the harder cone challenges, least with PGR2 you can "just" about do it by driving the perfect line.
Old 10 February 2004, 02:54 PM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

I also struggle with the cone challenges

It seems much harder than anything else. I can normally do silver but i can never even go near gold
Old 10 February 2004, 03:18 PM
BlackStar
Scooby Regular

Jack's advice is quite what I'm doing. It's the best way to go.

Tried the cone challenge in the ultimate at gold the other day. I had 2 perfect combo laps and got as much kudos as needed for the platinum. Then tried to get platinum, but wasn't able to reach again the amount of kudos needed... That sucks It should be able to get the medals by the amount of kudos you got me thinks...
Old 10 February 2004, 03:26 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got frustrated the other day doing this I too wanted to throw the controller down but I've got the hang of it and just use the handbrake to go round corners (just like my daily commute )
Old 10 February 2004, 10:04 PM
Miles
Scooby Regular

Talking

Cheers for the words of wisdom, earlier tonight I settled down with my Carrera GT, and got bronze (and the 250 GTO) at that pesky cone challenge. Now to get silver at everything.
Old 11 February 2004, 11:01 AM
Scooby-Doo
Scooby Regular

Cone challenges get hard on Plat, not only do you need complete unbroken laps but slides between certain cones !!!! Took me 4 days solid to complete the M3 cone challenge. Before plat just learn the route and drive flat out between the cones.
Old 11 February 2004, 12:15 PM
Tony_W
Scooby Regular

To do donuts (extra kudos) if you have time, pull car over to a stop in a wide section then hold the handbrake button down...give max throttle/revs, turn wheel to full lock..let handbrake off and bingo..donuts + kudos.

Also remember to choose a car that has excellent sliding qualities ratehr than ouright acceleration/speed.

Last edited by Tony_W; 11 February 2004 at 12:18 PM. Reason: forgot to say...
Old 11 February 2004, 02:24 PM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

Another little tip....
It sometimes pays to miss out maybe one section of cones to enable you to create a better, longer hand brake turn. As long as you don't break the chain...