Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Another Day at Wroughton

Search this Thread

Old 24 May 2001, 06:14 PM
bob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is the follow on from Triggaar’s Boring Easytrack. When he complained that the track was to short and the track was the same layout all the time.
Dave (Big Bear) and I went to Wroughton to have a look around and see what Motorsport Events Ltd track days where like. The first thing we saw was the burger van, so off we went for a cheeseburger and coffee. Not to bad as burger vans go. Well I'm still alive
The track layout was much larger than Easytrack had when Triggaar the gang and I was there last time. The track was well over 2 miles long with a long straight where 120-130 mph could be achieved from a STD Scooby. Marshals were all around the track; they had brake boards up in the right places and arrows on every bend. This place looks very good for the beginner and the experts.
We had a chat with Ed Moore (very nice man ) who runs the events. Ed was good enough to take Dave and me out for a lap or two. It is a long way around the track and there was some challenging bends and chicanes. It looked very safe nothing to hit but cones or the odd marshal sat by the track. This was a much better layout than Easytrack had, but to be fair to Easytrack they did say that the track had been shortened because of foot and mouth, and there burger van was also not permitted on the site. Perhaps we should have had a rebate from them, but no such luck.
Dave and I will certainly be booking a track day or two with them.
Dave and I have nothing to do with Motorsport Events Ltd we don’t work for them or bla bla bla.
Old 24 May 2001, 08:18 PM
Big Bear
Scooby Regular

Cool

I would like to add that they were all very professional and very polite , they didn't have to take us around or even offer a part session (which I couldn't take up unfortunately ) . They will be having my buisness in the future .
Dave who has nothing to do with bla bla bla
Old 27 May 2001, 07:26 PM
edmooreuk
Scooby Regular

Thanks guys for the positive comments.

We simply run only the very best days for you, our customers. It was a fantastic day with some great cars, Scoobys, Evos, Ferrari 355s, Elises, Caterhams, Westfields, TVRs etc. Everyone enjoyed themselves hugely and it was great to see such good track etiquette, yet also fast and enthusiastic driving on display!

We will be announcing some new venues and dates soon and wish you both a safe season of track driving!

Cheers,

Ed Moore