Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

Le-Mans

Search this Thread

Old 22 June 2005, 11:48 AM
MikeTheStrike
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Le-Mans

Firstly Wow was it hot, I hope everyone was ok and didnt get nicked en route.

The silver classic X1***** something that we where with to Rouen on the way down, the late blue Sti as we went into the tolls.

Maison Blanche Campsite, the green wagon just down from us by the fence.
the dark blue classic with 3 girls in, who caused some unrest in our camp getting water on friday evening. the late silver sti, frequently seen with a blue Sti. also the late blue with the bigger gold wheels still camping among the circling french pikeys on monday morning.

Hello to all the ones who waved or said hello on friday, and just to be friendly hello to all the ones that didnt.

Sunday night, again the dark blue classic with the 3 double take girls, as our group had parked on the grass at the entry to the porsche curves. we were taking photos and listening to my engine knock.

If anyone sees my white classic on a french truck in the next 14 days, ask if its having a nice holiday out there.
Old 22 June 2005, 05:14 PM
Woody1
Scooby Regular

The late silver and blue STI's were us. Right about that damn heat ! Fantastic weekend topped by a couple of days relaxing in Normandie on the way back.

Sorry to hear about your poorly car. Hope you get it sorted without too much expense.

Neil
Old 22 June 2005, 09:43 PM
simon57
Scooby Regular

Hello mate.

Glad you had a good time.
Any chance of droping me a line with the prices and were you stayed etc...
Its something id like to look at next year if ive still got the car. or maybe the ring..

Cheers

Simon.
Originally Posted by MikeTheStrike
Firstly Wow was it hot, I hope everyone was ok and didnt get nicked en route.

The silver classic X1***** something that we where with to Rouen on the way down, the late blue Sti as we went into the tolls.

Maison Blanche Campsite, the green wagon just down from us by the fence.
the dark blue classic with 3 girls in, who caused some unrest in our camp getting water on friday evening. the late silver sti, frequently seen with a blue Sti. also the late blue with the bigger gold wheels still camping among the circling french pikeys on monday morning.

Hello to all the ones who waved or said hello on friday, and just to be friendly hello to all the ones that didnt.

Sunday night, again the dark blue classic with the 3 double take girls, as our group had parked on the grass at the entry to the porsche curves. we were taking photos and listening to my engine knock.

If anyone sees my white classic on a french truck in the next 14 days, ask if its having a nice holiday out there.
Old 22 June 2005, 10:11 PM
Scott.T
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about the car mate....a friend of mine also managed to blow his MX-5 Turbo on the way down, chasing his brother black, highly modded 80's 911 Turbo.
Old 22 June 2005, 11:32 PM
DaveD
Scooby Regular

Cool

On the subject of poorly cars, saw a bug/blobeye WRX parked in the quayside in Le Harve on Tuesday morning with a towing eye attached to the front..

Saw a few scoobs - a blue blobeye with flaps which we overtook on the way to Alencon, and who then let us onto a roundabout after we'd overshot Lidals

Mine was the silver K-plate WRX which we were finishing off a 2-week tour - and hence was none too clean, even before getting to Le Mans!!
Old 23 June 2005, 01:05 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

A nice blue Bug Eyed STi was facing my camp/cesspit all weekend at Maison Blanche. I have quite a few on tape from Arnage on Friday night, will post those when I get the camera near the computer. Had some fun on the way home with a Green wagon, a French artic and a roundabout and felt sorry for the WR1 being pulled over by the law in my mirror.
Old 23 June 2005, 04:21 PM
DJFish
Scooby Regular

Hi Mike, think I passed you and the speed limiter on the M20 early Thursday!

Who else was in Tertre Rouge with us?
There was the UK300(I think) with the Welsh Number Plate and a nice black classic wagon, who have I missed?
Plenty seen at the Porsche curves on Friday as well.
Dave
Red classic wagon

Last edited by DJFish; 23 June 2005 at 06:30 PM.
Old 23 June 2005, 08:09 PM
4x4chris
Scooby Regular

did you notice that people gave you more looks than the damn common ferraris and porsches?
makes you feel kinda special, they're getting a bit common down here! ;o)

on thing, i defintely got caught on a mobile gun thingy but a copper hiding in the woods on the way down... i wasnt pulled over so does that mean im in the clear?
(i.e. can i expect something in the post, or arent they that organised?!)

heres to a (slightly cooler) one next year!
Old 24 June 2005, 03:07 PM
RobEvo5
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scott.T
Sorry to hear about the car mate....a friend of mine also managed to blow his MX-5 Turbo on the way down, chasing his brother black, highly modded 80's 911 Turbo.
Hi Scott not as sorry as I was, have yet to get an idea of the damage but it aint gonna be cheap.
Old 24 June 2005, 04:30 PM
paul_davies
Scooby Regular

Anyone here own a black bob eye A17***?? I was in the saph cossie that it was following on the way down..... untill I blew a boost hose off by chucking it down one too many cogs