Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

Shrewsbury / Telford / Stafford, M54 / A5

Search this Thread

Old 19 June 2005, 02:12 PM
speedydaveb
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shrewsbury / Telford / Stafford, M54 / A5

Saw three today:

A49(?) as I was coming back from Shewsbury in the opposite direction - nice straight wide road, blue stickered up blob eye which had just overtaken a caravan.

A5 blob eye wagon.

Classic saloon as I was pulling from the Cannock road into Wildwood with P1 front splitter.

All waved back (which doesn't always happen!)
I was in a DBM classic wagon which flashed and waved.
Old 20 June 2005, 09:23 PM
Mrs WRX
Scooby Regular

Was it you speedydaveb that got left standing at the lights by a Vauxhall Zafira in Stafford? If it was you then it was my dad that did it! Not really, he said he left one at the lights (the fact that he went straight on and the scooby turned right wasnt mentioned) my kids were in the car with him and they were wetting themselves laughing because they know how fast scoobys are and that he had NO chance! Next time i am in Stafford i will keep a look out for you, ive got a black classic! Scooby drivers of Stafford beware of a Vauxhall Zafira with an over active imagination!
Old 20 June 2005, 10:26 PM
luketurb
Scooby Regular

ill keep an eye out for that deadly zafire then!!! i think ive seen the black wagon mate in stafford, i have silver classic with L6KE C on the plate, had a green wagon classic previously with same plate on
Old 21 June 2005, 01:23 PM
speedydaveb
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mrs WRX
Was it you speedydaveb that got left standing at the lights by a Vauxhall Zafira in Stafford?...
No idea if it was me or not, mine is a DBM wagon with gold STi8 wheels, V reg turbo 2000, lowered, de-tango'd (apart from rear lights) and with STi6 front splitter. Hardly a fair race if you are going a different direction and have to wait for traffic - I wouldn't have wasted the petrol anyway!
If people do race off I might tickle the throttle just to show them not to bother in future.

Not seen any black classic wagons around Stafford (is that correct, luketurb said you had a wagon?) though I have noticed last weekend that a pre-facelift silver classic wagon has appeared. It was parked up outside the chinese on Tixall Road at the weekend and I have seen it driving towards Kwik-Fit Island since, anyone on here?

Will keep an eye out for yours also Luke. I always keep an eye out and wave, though not everyone waves back!
Old 21 June 2005, 07:29 PM
Mrs WRX
Scooby Regular

My dad knows the power of the subaru, when i first got mine i took him out in it and when we got back he had to go home to change his pants!! He always says that he left one at the lights or over took one! Even my kids tell him he is talking rubbish. I am in Stafford quite regularly (got to keep a check on the inheritance) so i will keep a look out for you both, I always wave as well.
Old 24 June 2005, 04:54 PM
speedydaveb
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by luketurb
ill keep an eye out for that deadly zafire then!!! i think ive seen the black wagon mate in stafford, i have silver classic with L6KE C on the plate, had a green wagon classic previously with same plate on
Spotted you at the last minute today driving past the Esso petrol station in Lamascote by Pennycrofts flats, I was driving the other way.