Notices

Any good places in UK to get Koni stuff?

Search this Thread

Old 23 August 2002, 11:28 PM
Patrick Olsen
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I'm in the market for some Koni inserts for my Legacy sedan over here in the US. I've spoken with one of the best Koni dealers here in the States and was told that the front inserts are in stock but the rears are a special order item that will take 10-14 weeks to get. I emailed my contact at Koni-North America and he confirmed the long wait, but he also said Koni-Europe would have the inserts in stock. (For some reason it would take 6-8 weeks to get the struts from Holland to the US - apparently some poor guy has to strap them to his back and swim across the Atlantic to get them here ).

So, I'm wondering if there's somewhere in the UK that I could order the strut inserts from, in the hopes that I could have them in a couple/few weeks rather than a couple/few months. Can anybody recommend a dealer for me?

Thanks!
Pat Olsen
'97 Legacy 2.5GT sedan
Stonington, CT, USA

[Edited by Patrick Olsen - 8/23/2002 11:29:58 PM]
Old 24 August 2002, 12:34 AM
orbv
Scooby Regular

Try http://www.koni.uk.com/ for a list of stockists. Years ago I got some from Performance Parts Direct (Camberley Auto Factors) and got a good deal.
Old 25 August 2002, 12:29 AM
Patrick Olsen
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for the suggestion - I probably should have been smart enough to check Koni UK's site. Of course, the long list of stockists only helps a little bit, as I don't know who/what any of the businesses listed are. They do list Demon Tweeks, who I am familiar with, so I guess I'll give them a shout.

Pat