Sport General sport discussion

Curbishley Gone . . .

Search this Thread

Old 03 September 2008, 02:00 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Curbishley Gone . . .

From Sly Sports . . . Alan Curbishley has resigned as manager of West Ham United.
Old 03 September 2008, 02:05 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Just announced on 5Live as well
Old 03 September 2008, 02:06 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Obviously had a bet on himself being the first to go and wanted to get in before Keegan becomes official
Old 03 September 2008, 02:16 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Whats all that about then? Had a good start to the season so there must be something else behind it all unless hes making himself available for the Newcastle Job
Old 03 September 2008, 02:18 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

They sold 2 players from under him.
Old 03 September 2008, 02:36 PM
Gav
Scooby Regular

He's a good manager, something must have gone on behind the scenes
Old 03 September 2008, 02:51 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
They sold 2 players from under him.
I know he wasnt happy about the sale of Anton, still had 2 years left and that came down to the clubs decision rather than Curbishley's
Old 03 September 2008, 06:46 PM
oli_w
Scooby Regular

bit gutted he has left us but fair play to him for doin what he did, i didnt want to see ferdinand or mcartney leave.
hope bilic will take over, heard rumours about Sam Allardyce, Kevin Keegan and old harry might be in line for the job
Old 03 September 2008, 10:54 PM
shippy
Scooby Regular

I can't believe this, why do WHU always put their fans through this crap
I was so chuffed for Curbs when we beat Blackburn and having our best start for 9 years, especially after all the flack he was getting.
Well I hope he goes to a better club.
I know hammers fans are real supporters, they have to be, we go up and down more times than a ****** knickers.
When you look who has taken over at Man City, how come we end up with a bunch of puffin scoffers from Iceland
I hope we get Bilic as the others mentioned above are has beens, at least he is youngish and will have fresh ideas, but does that matter in this day and age of football, 2 or 3 defeats and your out

I'm gutted to say the least.
Old 04 September 2008, 01:49 AM
wiley
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

feel gutted for the hammers, he did really well... guess he did the right thing though. any manager should have control who comes and goes
wiley
Old 04 September 2008, 01:25 PM
oli_w
Scooby Regular

I know hammers fans are real supporters, they have to be, we go up and down more times than a ****** knickers.
very true! it seems if we dont have injuries we loose a manager then we get one and everyone is out
bilic wil hopefuly take up the job but he apparently said he has no intention of takin over, according to the times
harry wont move from portsmouth either , its a long shot but i hope Paolo Di Canio takes over
Old 04 September 2008, 06:46 PM
shippy
Scooby Regular

Bilic, Redknapp and Stuart Pearce have said no to the job already
Just this minute heard that Keegan has resigned too

Now everyone know's how much he loves Newcastle, he is Newcastle.
What is happening to our once beautiful game.

I wish curbs would come back, I don't know who I'd like to see as manager now.
Christ, not Sven please
Old 04 September 2008, 07:58 PM
EVOVI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by shippy
I wish curbs would come back, I don't know who I'd like to see as manager now.
Christ, not Sven please
Good lord are you mad..Why would you want curbs back?
He was allowed to buy players at first but he bought quashie,boamorte and loonyburg...A team like west ham should not be buying those players..He was manager at charlton for so long and keeping them up was good enough for them, to do that he bought players like those above.
He tactics and style of play was hardly West ham...West ham is the acadamy of football and for years they have took pride in playing good attractive football.I did not see much of that under curbs..
Mancini with di canio is who I would like to see get the job..
Old 05 September 2008, 11:00 AM
oli_w
Scooby Regular

according to some there is a 'shortlist of six' who are lined up to replace curbs, the sixth is a secret but here are the five...
Slaven Bilic: The Croatian national team boss is the hot favourite to succeed Alan Curbishley and was extremly coy on the subject when questioned by reporters earlier today. Although he has virtually no experience of running a club his appointment would be welcomed by the majority of supporters, giving the board some vital breathing space.

Gerard Houllier: The former French national coach led Liverpool to an incredible four trophies within 12 months back in 2000/01 before ill-health led to the end of his career at Anfield. Most recently he had spent time with Lyon, where he managed for two years before a fall-out with the club's board (!) led to him tendering his resignation last October.

Gianfranco Zola: Possibly the surprise package of the bunch, Zola was a hero as a player at Chelsea where he played during the late 90s before returning to Italy to see out his playing career. His only managerial experience is with the Italian under 21s, whom he currently coaches alongside Pierluigi Casiraghi.

Roberto Donadoni: One of the stars of the all-conquering Milan team of the early 90s Donadoni turned his hand to management in 2001 when he was appointed by Lega Pro outfit Lecco. He went on to manage Livorno (twice) and Genoa before taking the national job following the departure of World Cup winning Marcello Lippi in 2006. However his time in charge of the Azurri ended abruptly this summer when he was fired following the Italian's poor showing at Euro 2008.

Roberto Mancini: The Italian coach enjoyed a hugely successful 20-year playing career which, bizarrely perhaps, ended at Leicester CIty. He took his first steps into management when he was appointed assistant manager at Lazio in 2000, before taking the head coach role at Fiorentina (where he occasionally played). A year later, he returned to Lazio as head coach before being named manager of one of Italy's biggest clubs, Inter, in 2004. He went on to become the club's most successful manager in the last 30 years, winning four cups and the Scudetti three years in a row. In May of this year Mancini was sacked following the club's poor Champions League performance, and is currently a free agent

agreee with evovi, mancini and get di canio in too, seems like the board want to try a more 'continental approach' tho, as in owners buy and sell, manager just plays the players he is given, which is not west ham! Im thinking if they are goin to change it around then the fans are not goin to like it one bit.
but thats just my opinion we dont need another setback!
Old 05 September 2008, 07:56 PM
shippy
Scooby Regular

This is why I'd rather have Curbs back, myself, brother, father, gr father and probably his father have always followed the hammers, never anyone else and I for sure don't want them run like a continental side.

The thing is Curbs aint going to come back.

I did like Di Canio, pure class So maybe he would be the one as Oli and EVOVI would like.
The last thing hammers fans want is their great club ruined by foreign owners and coaches.

We will see in the longrun fellas.