Notices
Sport General sport discussion

The Vieira saga - a disgrace?

Search this Thread

Old 06 August 2004, 12:15 PM
King Eric
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Viera is a man mountain in footballing terms...but I dont think it will do Arsenal "that much" damage if he goes.

Madrid can play a bit of a game here...they know full well Arsenal want and need the money, but they need the player more.....problem is Madrid is a dream come true to most players...and for Viera he gets to meet up with Zidane who it is well documented is a big friend of Viera.

Lets face it, Beckham clearly went for a lot less that it was said he was going for....its all done in installments these days anyway...much the same as cars on finance...whats more is Madrid got all their money from the local council (i may be wrong?!) so at the end of the day they will have enough money to get him.

If he goes, its better to Madrid than to Chelski (IMHO) but Beckham went cause he fell out with Ferguson...Viera will be going for another reason...as despite reports he has not fallen out with Wenger.

If Viera is going...hes letting the fans down...it will be a "want to be a big time charlie" move more than a "i was sent" job
Old 10 August 2004, 08:10 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

i think it's great anything to upset the gooner applecart

mind you it didn't look too wobbly on sunday

spurs fan, incase you hadn't noticed

by the way, what's happening with edu? i've got him in my dreamteam. chose him over silva and i think that's a bit of a ***** up on my part
Old 10 August 2004, 08:55 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by **************
Yeah really missed him Sunday - NOT

Spurs fans have to get excited about Aesenal news as they have no good news of their own to go on about

Edu could be on his way but with Vieira going on Thursday I doubt Wenger will want to let him move clubs as well!
edu may be going? oh FFS, i've already lost van the man in my team

wadya mean spurs fans have nothing to be excited about? there's....um.....er.....and what about.......

bugger.
Old 13 August 2004, 03:47 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by **************
Yee-Haaaaa!!!!!!! He is staying, but I don't believe for one minute its for his love of the club, its as I posted above, the fact he wanted £120k a week and they were only offering £80k a week.

Oh well wait till next summer now for it to start all over again
For him to come out with that bollox shows how intelligent he must think the fans are
Old 13 August 2004, 07:45 PM
Walwal
Scooby Regular

B2Z, I said in a different thread that he would still be at Arsenal at the start of the season. Don't know if you remember?

Andy.
Old 14 August 2004, 01:08 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Although I think he is a Magnificent player I think he has treated the Arsenal fans with a total lack of respect, and the crock of ****e that spilled out of his mouth yesterday was a disgrace, if you loved them that much you would have said so 8 weeks ago. everyone knows he wanted to leave it was just about money.

Or was it Arsenal trying to screw Real, looking for a new midfielder thought they had Vieira, Arsenal string them along, deadline passes for the Champs league and Arsenal raise the value by £6m, Real pull out and are now screwed for a midfielder before the champs league starts, nice work Arsenal

Just a theory