Indonesian dog meat.

Search this Thread

Old 23 September 2015, 04:46 PM
stipete75
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Indonesian dog meat.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...n-markets.html

Disgraceful, as a massive dog lover this makes me so angry. Anything but humane.
I'm glad I'm not there in person as I couldn't stand there and just watch, seriously I'd be fooooking stamping on skulls.
Old 23 September 2015, 04:55 PM
wrx300scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That is disgusting, so cruel It shouldn't be happening.
Old 23 September 2015, 05:03 PM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

Disgraceful behaviour ....
Old 23 September 2015, 05:07 PM
Sarg400
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh great and the missus is doing hotdogs for tea...
Old 23 September 2015, 06:20 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

So what do you think about us and the rest of the world regards eating beef, Indians must be livid, never mind what all the Budists must think about the amount of reborn souls we all consume on a daily basis.

It's all relative, dogs, cats, pigs,cows they're all living things, if you eat meat you're part of it, trying to make a distinction is hypocritical, meat is meat.
Old 23 September 2015, 06:31 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
So what do you think about us and the rest of the world regards eating beef, Indians must be livid, never mind what all the Budists must think about the amount of reborn souls we all consume on a daily basis.

It's all relative, dogs, cats, pigs,cows they're all living things, if you eat meat you're part of it, trying to make a distinction is hypocritical, meat is meat.
I partly agree with you ditch But!!! burning dogs alive is just plain torture,surly their must be a more humane way than that.....SJ.
Old 23 September 2015, 06:40 PM
stipete75
Scooby Regular

Relative maybe but we don't usually beat boil and burn pigs and cows alive before eating them.
I quite enjoy one of our dogs on my lap on an evening, think I may struggle petting a calf or sheep on my lap.
you can't see this for how barbaric it is? Could you stand there and watch without emotion?
I couldn't, I'd be smashing heads relentlessly with my foot, if that makes me a hypocrite so be it!

Last edited by stipete75; 23 September 2015 at 06:42 PM.
Old 23 September 2015, 06:45 PM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

Being going on for years

China Malaysia Thialand and phillipnes

The misses came from cebu and witnessed it growing up

Infact their Mongol dog dissapeared when she was a kid
The neighbours ate it as they were starving

Nowadays it's served in lots of back street restaurants
I've never had it ( to my knowledge )And no desire to order it but it's common practice over there
I've seen puppies and dogs tied up in cages awaiting their turn in the pot
Over ther animal cruelty is normal

Is it any different to the fish restaurants where you select your fish or squid from the tank and is served to you a few minutes later ?

The rich people spend £1000 on designer 1metre square dog cages to put at the front of the houses and put the dogs in and leave them for years untill they die

Cockfighting is their national sport just like we watch horse racing and football
The ***** are ate as soon as their die no waste there

It's their culture
And not for us to question or object to ?

I was talking about in once over there and they asked
If we are one of the richest countries in the world
Why do we have beggars
They were shocked at food banks
Why do we sent millions overseas every day when we have poverty on the uk ?
Old 23 September 2015, 06:45 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Sorry, didn't read the article, so my apologies.

If that's the case then yes it is barbaric, I'm all for dispatching animals as cleanly and quickly as possible.
Old 23 September 2015, 06:55 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

Sorry, didn't read the article, so my apologies.

If that's the case then yes it is barbaric, I'm all for dispatching animals as cleanly and quickly as possible.
I had a feeling that you never read the whole article....SJ.
Old 23 September 2015, 07:36 PM
dj219957
Scooby Regular

Supply and demand unfortunately... The disgusting world we live in.
Old 23 September 2015, 09:42 PM
stipete75
Scooby Regular

Are mods deleting posts?
Old 23 September 2015, 10:00 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stipete75
Are mods deleting posts?
Only yours by the looks of it.
Old 23 September 2015, 10:04 PM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

Eating cows are one thing,eating dogs are another ....
Old 23 September 2015, 10:07 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler 75
Eating cows are one thing,eating dogs are another ....
I think Hindus might disagree.
Old 23 September 2015, 10:12 PM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

I think Hindus might disagree.
Maybe so but I know which I prefer ......
Old 23 September 2015, 10:25 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by stipete75
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...n-markets.html

Disgraceful, as a massive dog lover this makes me so angry. Anything but humane.
I'm glad I'm not there in person as I couldn't stand there and just watch, seriously I'd be fooooking stamping on skulls.
Maybe it's the powers that be want you to hate foreigners by printing these kids of stories, it is the Daily Mail which is owned by Murdoch afterall.
Old 23 September 2015, 10:50 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by jonc
Maybe it's the powers that be want you to hate foreigners by printing these kids of stories, it is the Daily Mail which is owned by Murdoch afterall.
Lord Rothermere owns the Daily Mail
Old 23 September 2015, 11:14 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
Lord Rothermere owns the Daily Mail
I stand corrected! It matters not, with title "Lord" and an owner of a national paper, I'm sure he'd be considered to be up there and counted in the list of elite "powers that be" controlling the masses.
Old 23 September 2015, 11:48 PM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

What she difference between
Cow and dog
Sheep and cat
Chickens and puppies

All animals and can all be pets And meat to eat
Old 24 September 2015, 07:11 AM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Barbaric. I totally do not understand the arguments such as "it's no different to eating cows and chickens etc". Yes, it's completely different, morons!

For starters, our meat comes from animals that have been looked after. Animals that are free to live as much of a good life as they can. Not stuffed into cages with no food or water like these other countries. Ours are also killed in the most humane and quickest way possible. Not clubbed and burnt while semi-conscious. A cow or chicken will not unconditionally love you like a dog can. A cow will not happily greet you at the front door so excited upon your arrival. My dog whines with love, rolls around the floor and licks me etc with pure excitement every morning without fail when I greet him after a nights sleep.

Last edited by LSherratt; 24 September 2015 at 08:29 AM.
Old 24 September 2015, 08:10 AM
b3nmw
Scooby Regular

Makes me sick
Old 24 September 2015, 09:26 AM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LSherratt
Barbaric. I totally do not understand the arguments such as "it's no different to eating cows and chickens etc". Yes, it's completely different, morons!

For starters, our meat comes from animals that have been looked after. Animals that are free to live as much of a good life as they can. Not stuffed into cages with no food or water like these other countries. Ours are also killed in the most humane and quickest way possible. Not clubbed and burnt while semi-conscious. A cow or chicken will not unconditionally love you like a dog can. A cow will not happily greet you at the front door so excited upon your arrival. My dog whines with love, rolls around the floor and licks me etc with pure excitement every morning without fail when I greet him after a nights sleep.
I have to ask, has anyone ever actually tried living with a cow in the same manner which you would a dog? That's a fairly sweeping assumption that just because the existing relationship is different, that another species couldn't feel the same.

As for animal welfare standards, that's all well and good comparing us against them but ultimately Indonesia is in a completely different stage in it's socioeconomic development. There a lot of things in our own past that people look back on and deem to be abhorrent. Yes the way they treat animals isn't right but neither is it right to try and judge them by our standards.
Old 24 September 2015, 09:38 AM
skoobidude
Scooby Regular

Much of this debate is all about what most of us have been brought up to accept, and what we are used to.
Dogs and cats are classed as family pets, cattle are not. Sure it's still awful what really happens to most of these animals to get their meat. However, I don't look at a sausage or a ribeye and think about what it once was before eating as I just see a sausage or a lump of steak.
Having dog on a menu isn't something I would ever choose as I would just think of a dog straight away.

Nick

Last edited by skoobidude; 24 September 2015 at 09:39 AM.
Old 24 September 2015, 01:10 PM
^Qwerty^
Scooby Regular

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by LSherratt
Ours are also killed in the most humane and quickest way possible.

A cow will not happily greet you at the front door so excited upon your arrival.
Halal meat is a prime example of how animals are killed in this country which is not the most humane or quickest way possible. There are enough animal snuff video's on youtube to show that an animal that has its throat slit does not die instantly. People may try to convince themselves that any movement and noise from the point the knife goes in is a nervous reaction etc. but that's complete bull ****.

There is/was also a video floating about which showed a number of cattle brought in to a shed and over the period of about an hour they were butchered one by one in front of the others. The last cow remaining was shaking and everything about its body told you it was terrified - and why wouldn't it be? So just because a cow/sheep/chicken doesn't bounce up and down and attempt to lick your face when you get home doesn't mean they are worthless. They are sentient beings, so if we are going to kill them, then we should do it as quickly and as painlessly as possible so as to avoid them any distress.
Old 24 September 2015, 02:23 PM
Devildog
Scooby Regular

Ditchy, you don't half come out with some clangers.

This is not about eating meat. Its about animal cruelty and wholly unnecessary suffering - whether that be to a dog, a cow or whatever.

If you can't make that distinction then one has to seriously question your moral values.
Old 24 September 2015, 04:16 PM
Uncle Creepy
Scooby Regular

Last edited by Uncle Creepy; 18 April 2016 at 08:20 PM.
Old 24 September 2015, 04:38 PM
stipete75
Scooby Regular

It's unjustifiable and down right barbaric. No animal should go through this no matter what belief or religion. Humans are the most barbaric of all species.
Seriously some of the comments on here prove this.
Old 24 September 2015, 05:38 PM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ^Qwerty^
Halal meat is a prime example of how animals are killed in this country which is not the most humane or quickest way possible. There are enough animal snuff video's on youtube to show that an animal that has its throat slit does not die instantly. People may try to convince themselves that any movement and noise from the point the knife goes in is a nervous reaction etc. but that's complete bull ****.

There is/was also a video floating about which showed a number of cattle brought in to a shed and over the period of about an hour they were butchered one by one in front of the others. The last cow remaining was shaking and everything about its body told you it was terrified - and why wouldn't it be? So just because a cow/sheep/chicken doesn't bounce up and down and attempt to lick your face when you get home doesn't mean they are worthless. They are sentient beings, so if we are going to kill them, then we should do it as quickly and as painlessly as possible so as to avoid them any distress.
I completely agree and it should be done in the most humane way possible if we are to eat meat. I completely forgot about halah.

Originally Posted by Uncle Creepy
It's a sick world. The planet would be so much better without people.
Yep
Old 24 September 2015, 06:18 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Devildog
Ditchy, you don't half come out with some clangers.

This is not about eating meat. Its about animal cruelty and wholly unnecessary suffering - whether that be to a dog, a cow or whatever.

If you can't make that distinction then one has to seriously question your moral values.
Read my second post on the subject.

Quick Reply: Indonesian dog meat.