Sponsored by:

Subaru Saga - The Web Site

Search this Thread

Old 09 June 2003, 07:25 AM
swan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'ello all,

Further to my message regarding a Subaru South Africa warranty claim rejection, I have set up a Web site to disseminate my experiences in a more structured way and to detail the history of my experiences with Subaru and basically everyone that's ever touched my car. I'll be adding sections as I get time to do so and will notify you when updates are made - I'm sure you can appreciate it's a time consuming exercise. I hope that the site will serve to assist other consumers, not only Subaru owners and potential owners, in not making the silly and sometime stupid mistakes I've made. I hope it will also serve to open people's eyes to the fact that sub-standard service is NOT acceptable and that you must stand up for your rights. The focus will always be on Subaru in South Africa but the lessons learnt can be applied to any manufacturer and indeed aren't limited to cars in many instances.

Sections on the site at the moment:
- Home
- User Agreement
- Subaru Warranty
- The Beginning (June 2002)
- The Collision (September - October 2002)
- Bryanston Subaru Saga 1 (8 January - 7 February 2003)
- Spoiler Saga (September 2002 - March 2003)
- Exhaust Saga (April 2003 - Present)
- Bryanston Subaru Saga 2 (6 May - 21 May 2003)
- The Last Straw (29 January - 23 May 2003)
- The Invitation (28 May - 3 June 2003) - this includes Subaru South Africa's and Motorite's response to the Web site.
- Readers Stories
- Give Feedback

The URL to goto is http://www.scoobproblems.za.net and the email address for feedback is swan@unix.za.net
Old 09 June 2003, 08:08 AM
Foot_Tapper
Scooby Regular

Well done (in advance mostly)for the time & effort this will take.

although in uk i'm sure there will be snippets useful (there always are)

I don't know if other types of car owners have problems with their manufacturers/servicing, in the way that some scooby owners have.

I think they probably do; but the difference is,when you have a car community, such as SNET/SIDC; the members as a unit can become
quite powerful in that "word of mouth" can save, said members the
bad experiences that other individuals have had to put up with.

It seems peeps on here still get cr@p service from dealerships from time to time. So perhaps this particular community, although seems quite large; is just a drop in the ocean of total scoob ownership. Thus Subaru UK do not think we have enough clout, to make much difference to the standards they set; as they still coin it in ok.
Having said that IMHO, they probably do not realise the knowledge of some people on here is quite phenomenal.(and i'm glad they pass some of it on). So when they try any usual fob off tactic to someone on here, they get found out.
The average punter who hasnt got the advantage of SNET, doesnt know any different, so its business as usual.
Old 09 June 2003, 10:18 AM
swan
Scooby Regular

>I don't know if other types of car owners have problems with >their manufacturers/servicing, in the way that some scooby >owners have.

I agree, I think many people have problems, we just don't get to hear about them. A few owners have mailed with complaints about their Opels, BMW's, etc.

>Having said that IMHO, they probably do not realise the >knowledge of some people on here is quite phenomenal.(and i'm

Or they do realise and that's why it's sidelined - because it's not under the manufacturer's control.
Old 09 June 2003, 10:38 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Wow - What a read. I wonder if this guy gets on here too http://www.subarusuck.com/
Old 09 June 2003, 11:15 AM
swan
Scooby Regular

Don't know, I'd guess he'd have posted a thread if he was.
Old 09 June 2003, 11:16 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
I had a problem spot weld too. Deerleap sorted it out.
Old 09 June 2003, 03:37 PM
swan
Scooby Regular

Let's say the local "experts" took an angle grinder to mine...