Notices
Sport General sport discussion

Disgrace!

Search this Thread

Old 12 February 2003, 10:36 PM
Toonman1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sven can F£ck off back to Sweden! What a terrible performance, and against Australia too...

Disgrace! Disgrace! Disgrace!

Old 12 February 2003, 10:38 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!
Should of played the juniors for the full 90!
Old 12 February 2003, 10:43 PM
Toonman1
Scooby Regular

Man Of The Match: Jermaine Jenas
Runner Up: Alan Shearer

"Michael Owen's not a natural goalscorer..."

Glenn Hoddle

Too bloody right he's not (anymore)!
Old 12 February 2003, 10:49 PM
neilbbb
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

pants
Old 12 February 2003, 11:06 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

I think that sums it up
Old 12 February 2003, 11:21 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

James in goal???????????????????????????/

WTF????????????????????????????????????

Madness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pete
Old 12 February 2003, 11:38 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

That Kewell made a monkey out of Ferdinand - but then he only cost £30mill..... Ugly boy Neville sister cost the first goal due to an inability to defend....
Old 12 February 2003, 11:54 PM
ChrisB

I went and did something more productive after going one nil down - I've removed my nails with a pair of plyers
Old 13 February 2003, 02:01 AM
JohnMcC
Scooby Regular

If Sven has any ***** he will do something drastic - drop Face Ache Neville and a couple of others and chuck in a couple of the young'uns in.

I would actually start with a couple of them. Stick Rooney or Jeffers up front with Owen, and tell him that if he hasnt scored by half time (Owen) the other ones on.

I would rather have some young guys who want to play for their country representing England, than prima donnas who are more worried about whether their diamond earing that they put in the valuables bag is safe, or if they are gonna make their reservations at the Ivy...

[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 13 February 2003, 03:18 AM
TheScooby
Scooby Regular

Wink

Moan, moan, moan.

We beat Australia a few months back, Austrlia just beat England, therefore doesn't that make us better than England?

As for Sven - Off with his head!!!!!

TheScooby

[Edited by TheScooby - 2/13/2003 3:18:41 AM]
Old 13 February 2003, 11:44 AM
3times
Scooby Regular

This is what happens when you put a Scotsman in charge at the FA, he then picks the England manager, takes nice chunky pay off, laughs his socks off at the state he has left our national game in.

Clever though!
Old 13 February 2003, 05:39 PM
planky
Scooby Regular

I thought James did a good job in goal IMO but why didnt Sven put on Joe?? and Rio!?!worth every penny of his £30mil price tag
Old 13 February 2003, 06:54 PM
will19702001
Scooby Regular

Well Sven, that`s what you get for missing the quality of Gareth Barry...the writing`s on the wall me thinks!
Old 23 February 2003, 02:03 PM
jonny gav
Scooby Regular

who do you think could do the england job if sven left!!!!

eeeerrrrmmmmmmm......

eeeerrrmm....

Old 23 February 2003, 03:04 PM
caz1562
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

This is what happens when you put a Scotsman in charge at the FA, he then picks the England manager, takes nice chunky pay off, laughs his socks off at the state he has left our national game in.
Before I begin I speak as a football fan, not as a Jock.

[flame suit on]
How can you blame him ????? Look at the Scottish team, ran by a German who can't be blamed for the state of Scottish football but we have an excuse. We are crap, we have no real talent, we can't buy quality Scots born players to help, but the media and the fans pick on Berti.

On paper the players England have at their disposal is world class, but Hoddle failed with the same team, Keegan failed with the same team, now everyone blames Sven. Surely its the players who are English who play for themselves not for the team. Couple this together with an over-powered media circus and you get pressure which when it goes wrong its all over the place. Then when its all going well you hear the we can win this and then when you get knocked out or don't qualify (as in Scotlands case ) theres a crisis. So it has nothing to do with the guy in charge of the FA.

BTW - Who is the most successful domestic manager in England.......Sir Alex Ferguson (Scottish). How many english managers have picked up the Premiership title....none.

Dalglish (Scottish) once, Wenger (French) twice, Ferguson (Scottish) seven

I have a lot of respect for Bobby Robson & Terry Venebles as both England coaches & domestic managers but the others haven't achieved much at club level (mainly so close or nearly men - Hoddle, Keegan & present coach Erikkson).

Its about the guys on the park, yes the coach picks them but they should show their quality on the domestic front to merit an England call-up.

When Shearer was England captain, he was no.1 choice striker, even when playing crap. Michael Owen is exactly the same just now, poor form at club level but gets picked for England. Same said for Seaman, Beckham, Neville etc. These players are superstars on their personal levels but put them all together and what do you get, too much talent and not enough teamwork. The best example outwith these shores fall on Holland & Spain. Teams that is full of quality & talent, but also full of individuals willing to play for themselves, not the country.
[/flame suit off]
Old 23 February 2003, 09:38 PM
3times
Scooby Regular

caz,

I should have put a smiley in to show that it was meant to be a humourous comment. I actually feel that Crozier was shat on from the rest of the kn*bs at the FA. I didn't agree with the appointment of Erickson but there was no one else as Ferguson & Wenger would not leave there clubs and the FA would not appoint Venables again.

I agree about the overpaid 'superstars'. If they feel that there club is more important then declare themselves unavailable for the national side.

During the National Anthems before the Australia game, at best some of the 'players' were mumbling, others like **** Neville had there heads bowed. DISGRACE.

Footballers should take a leaf out of Rugbys book and show more passion and desire to play for there country, then England may have a chance of success in a major tournament.