Sport General sport discussion

Roy Keane & SAF

Search this Thread

Old 26 February 2004, 10:35 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roy Keane & SAF

Deary deary me - not sure who is worse - Keane for the shameless booting or SAF for saying "It's not like him".

They've both lost it big time!

Told you you'd miss Becks
Old 26 February 2004, 12:56 PM
BexTait
Scooby Regular

Location: Drink, drink, wherever you may be, we are the drunk and disorderly (owner of 5 fairy tokens)

it's not over yet...
Old 26 February 2004, 01:02 PM
Charlie WRXSTI
Scooby Regular

Jasey - you're right we do miss Becks and also Rio, the season is a bit of a shambles at the moment, but I am sure that we can pick up the pieces.

Bextait - not quite, certainly no fat lady singing yet
Old 26 February 2004, 02:26 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

It aint over til it's over - but I can't see the Ar$e making the same mistake as last year - besides - I don't think Utd are anything like they were last season - there doesn't seem to be the same buzz about them - Fulham will put you out of the FA cup and Chelsea look like overtaking you in the League - You better hope that you beat Porto in the home leg - which I'm sure you will .
Old 26 February 2004, 04:12 PM
BexTait
Scooby Regular

Location: Drink, drink, wherever you may be, we are the drunk and disorderly (owner of 5 fairy tokens)

We need Rio back, but perhaps Fergie shouldn't have sold Stam. Stam and Rio at the back would've been a good pairing...
Old 27 February 2004, 11:39 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Yeah - but it was probably Stam who got Rio into the drugs scene in the first place .

I'm not so sure that defence is what you need - Man U have always been a team that relies on getting more goals than they concede (sounds obvious but you know what I mean) - Haven't seen the figures but I'm guessing that the number of goals conceded hasn't really changed that much - more like you aint scoring as freely as you used to !

Anyway - hope it continues for the next three months (Europe excepted as I would like to see Man Utd in the Final (and lose it to the Ar$e).

Old 27 February 2004, 01:38 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some dodgy desisions going on but Man U didnt play well after the first 25 mins.
Saha was totally out of it, what does he think he is, a 1 man team trying to take on 4+ players?
The ref and the linesman totally missed by the looks, the professional foul on Tim Howard when he collected the ball 10ft up in the air and was nearly barged out of the box by a Porto player who had no chance of getting up 10ft to get the ball...
Keane.... not his old self me thinks, if he was going to stamp on someone then he would have done it alot harder than what we saw (and we saw lots of play acting by Porto)....
They need to pull their fingers out.

Tony
Old 27 February 2004, 08:41 PM
camk
Scooby Regular

Only good news was me sticking 10quid on Porto at 7-1 on betfair when they were 0-1 down ...Keano kicking the keeper was madness, he is a great player but requires a lot of maintenance.
Old 01 March 2004, 10:21 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Cool

I hear a fat lady clearing her throat

She aint singing yet though
Old 01 March 2004, 11:08 AM
Charlie WRXSTI
Scooby Regular

Jasey - Much as it pains me to say this, I can't see Arsenal losing the next three games and what is more unlikely is Man U winning the next three games , just leaves us FA Cup, I am hoping that we will be inspired to slaughter Fulham after this weekend, as for the Champions League who knows but I am certainly not holding my breath
Old 02 March 2004, 08:13 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Charlie - You best bet is for Fulham to knock you out of the FA Cup - I reckon CL is your best bet for glory this year - Having said that SAF needs to concentrate on footie and not wether or not he's gonna get millions for his Stud *investment* .

Roy Keane needs to get a grip and show some leadership - which doesn't include getting sent of needlessly - There's fighting for the cause and just plain fighting - someone needs to re-iterate to Roy which one he should be doing !

Hope UTD get it sorted before next Euro tie or they're going out !!!!

Jasey