Sport General sport discussion

Man Utd - are they a spent force??

Search this Thread

Old 11 October 2002, 03:13 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

The lesson is quite simple - that they are NOT the PrimaDonnas they thought they were. The fact that Roy Keane is a complete and utter bully, that they are generally a bunch of cheating 4rseholes led by a nasty, viscious scotsman.

Quite a few lessons in humility to be learned I would say?

I saw them cheat against the Boro 2 years ago when BORO awarded a penalty - they surrounded the ref and gave him REAL grief - Juninho then missed the penalty as he had been stood for 5 minutes waiting for those w4nking cheating gits called Man Utd to calm down - Not that I am bitter or anything!!

Yesterday, Van NipplesToy dived THREE times trying to cheat

Nah, sorry, the quicker they learn that they are NORMAL the better!!

Just IMHO of course!!

Pete

[Edited by pslewis - 11/10/2002 3:14:38 PM]
Old 11 October 2002, 03:38 PM
SwinYE5
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

With respect - What an absolute pile of bitter ABU sh1te!

[Edited by SwinYE5 - 11/10/2002 3:38:18 PM]
Old 09 November 2002, 03:19 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

I KNOW that 99% of the population will join me in delight at the plight of Man Utd

Did they peak 2 years ago?? are they finished??

Personally, I would LOVE them to finish at the bottom - would teach them a valuable lesson or two!! They NEED this kick up the jacksie they were growing into such a bunch of gits!!

Pete
Old 09 November 2002, 04:06 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

They peaked 3 yrs ago, Pete.

No team can dominate forever.
Old 09 November 2002, 04:27 PM
south-star
Scooby Regular

I'm gutted for them...

Old 09 November 2002, 04:59 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

They've always been a good top 6 side
Old 10 November 2002, 03:47 AM
TheScooby
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Good to see the Scum struggling, going down to Man City will just rub salt into the wound that is their bad season so far...

TheScooby
Old 10 November 2002, 03:06 PM
SwinYE5
Scooby Regular

Personally, I would LOVE them to finish at the bottom - would teach them a valuable lesson or two!!
A lesson about what exactly?
Old 10 November 2002, 03:28 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Pete - good point on the diving cheatin b@stards - Van Nistelory clearly dives and gets **** all - anyone else would have been sent off - Twice for **** sake - And they still surround the ref at every opportunity - it's clearly team orders - the ***** should be fined (or better still shot) - All in my unbiased up the **** opinion of course
Old 10 November 2002, 03:40 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Talking

Something we can all agree on
.Paul Gurkin is a ****
Old 11 November 2002, 01:51 AM
AndiThompson
Scooby Regular

Taken from Football365, I thought it was excellent review, and sums up united's season perfectly:

Soulless, gutless, spiritless, disgraceful, contemptible, disgusting, disrespectful and shameful are all words going to be used to describe our players in the following 'match report'.

We don't expect to win every 'derby'. Indeed, we know we're going to lose one or two - but we do expect the players who pull on the red shirt to at least give a f**k.

It'd be easy to try and write a report of the match and be in denial of the result. Gloss over it, mention anything but the football, but to do so would be churlish.

So instead here's a knee-jerk reaction to losing the match. I may not feel as strongly about it in a few days, never mind a few weeks, but this is how I feel now when it most hurts - and hurt it does.

No excuses for players missing, no excuses for chances missed and saved - just the facts. city won, deserved to do so and wanted it so much more. Our team were a f**king disgrace.

There are exceptions. Paul Scholes is not implicated in any of this. Nor to a certain extent or Ole and Mikael or the late subs. The rest stand accused of showing us nothing more than contempt.

I mean, why the f**k should we go down to West Ham next Sunday afternoon, spending near enough £100 and getting back late when we could watch the game at home? The players are clearly not bothered, so why should we? Should we not save our money and wait until the personnel currently pulling on the red shirt have been replaced by some who actually give a f**k that they're playing for United, Manchester United - our beloved shirts?

Of course we will go, another allocation sold out, and another desperate search for tickets as the automated random ballot once again denies the most loyal of reds a ticket in favour of the Swiss Family Robinson from '3 The Elms, Suburbia', but that's another story.

This one is an inquest into why as a team we lacked guts on the biggest of occasions against our truest rival. Why, after ninety minutes against clearly inferior opposition, we were outplayed and outfought, why they played without *****, without passion, with no guts or desire.

So to name names.

Barthez, one great save, a couple of poor attempts and no shouting or harassing of the incompetence in front of you;

Gary, you of all people knew what it meant. So why after that error did you let your head go down and let it affect you? You were captain out there, you should have been leading and getting your pride back, what happened?;

Blanc, your team mate at the back, despite his cost, needs the same words of wisdom young O'Shea gets from you;

Ferdinand, if it matters this little to you to put on the red shirt then pack your bags. You are one of the world's best defenders yet Shaun Goater made you look a fool time and time again. He humiliated you. Your lazy laid-back approach was shameful when we needed you fighting for every ball;

Phil, again you knew it mattered yet just how many times did you really harangue those around you?;

Ryan, one of the most talented players to ever wear red, why did you not take some responsibility when you had the chance to shoot? Why the extra pass? Why the needless backheel when you were clearly unaware to whether anyone was about?;

Veron, the 'derby-style' fast-frenzied football may not suit your style but a bollocking for those about you when they weren't bothering would clearly be seen as you wanting it;

And Ruud. Get up off your **** and stop trying to kid the everyone you've been fouled - you were up against one of the weakest defences you'll play against and yet they made you look ordinary.

Your football team is born inside you. You don't make a conscious decision to follow them - you just know you do from your earliest memory. They were in your heart from well before your first day at school when the biggest lad in your class came up and asked 'who do you support'?

That passion and love we don't expect from our players - sometimes luckily we find it, but we know that as young lads they had their own 'first loves'. But despite this their talent and desire to reach the very top of their trades replaced that and they now should be playing with the guts of those fans they represent.

To not do so is plainly dishonest, knowing the rewards they get from the game, at our expense, are so great.

Can you imagine the same result if Keane, Nicky Butt or David Beckham had been on the pitch alongside Scholesy yesterday? It may have happened, games sometimes go against you, saves are made, decisions given or not given in your favour, but you know you could have trusted them to have gone down fighting.

Sort it out, please Alex.

[Edited by AndiThompson - 11/11/2002 1:53:01 AM]
Old 11 November 2002, 10:30 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Red face

Fantastic piece Andi

I remember earlier in the season I questioned Utd and was slagged off for it, now everyone else is cottoning on, they are a mess and were last season and nothing has changed, dont get sucked in by that spell over Christmas, the team looks old and tired, some of the players have been there too long now, even Becks is not the same player he was 2 or 3 years ago, I can remember the days when he would allways chuck in a couple of killer crosses for fun in every match, nowadays its a couple a month if youre lucky.

But hey weve had 12 fantastic years and no supporter can truely expect it to be the same every season.

Utd are not the team that won the treble, not even close, we lack the Cantona/Teddy style player, Fergie continues to try Scholes in that position but its to much for the Ginga Ninja, a partnership like Bruce/Pallister (rio/John should be capable of that surely, they have more natural talent, but its all about communication, that goes for the entire team, so much talk in the papers from all of them, im tired of reading how the Nevs think we should be winning every match 3-0 and how Giggsy is about to peak but no bloody action .
It would be nice if Giggsy and Becks got back to their true form . a decent right back, a Cantona, and a decent world class partner for the diving Ruud, why dive now?? he never used to be like that. For those of u who want to slag me off again, go ahead, then remove your heads from your @rses and you might just notice now that City have done us that we have fallen well behind, if that doesnt work wait until we have been done by the the Arsenal and Liverpool, because it will happen.

I'll still support them ever more, its our right as supporters to moan up a bit every now and then

Dave
Old 11 November 2002, 11:09 AM
Kippax
Scooby Regular

Old 11 November 2002, 11:38 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
U ****** Kippax

Hows the hangover???
Old 11 November 2002, 01:10 PM
Kippax
Scooby Regular

Smile

ouch
Old 11 November 2002, 08:02 PM
Little Miss WRX

Cool

WEll fecking done City, you deserved that win so much.

I have never seen United play so poorly.

Now I am not United's biggest supporter, nor do I hate them as much as some But I was fecking on my seat cheering with every City goal.

Truly an awesome game.

Would be nice to see Villa play with that kind of passion occasionally