Notices

CLIFFORD & OMNISENSOR

Search this Thread

Old 21 February 2002, 02:06 PM
Vinesh
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it worth having a Omnisensor fitted onto my Concept 500? At the moment I have a single zone shock sensor (pretty crap), tilt sensor, turbo timer, dual zone proimity sensor, etc.

This alarm was ripped out of my Renault 5 Turbo and I did have a omnisensor fitted, but I had to take it out as it kept on picking up the carb perc fan (Fan stays on for about 15 min). Will I have the same problem with impreza Turbo?

The omnisensor is about £75, would it be worth having one?

Where can I get hold of spare Clifford window stickers, as the orignal ones are on my R5 Turbo? Spoke to my local Clifford dealer and they told me I need to contact Clifford and prove to them I have this alarm and I want it for my new car, is this true?

Vinesh
Old 21 February 2002, 02:38 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Vinesh, I don't think the fans run on in the Impreza, and as the engine was designed for a turbo we don't have a carb perc stirring thing - it should start even when hot

Not sure about the omnisensor. If you've got glass break, plus single zone prox, then you're covered. Oh, and if you want more I'd go for the digital tilt sensor myself.

Who's fitting the alarm for you? If you want VSIB, it needs to be fitted by someone who can certify for VSIB... THey should be able to find a couple of spare stickers. As you're in Leicester, I'd be tempted to try Car Electronics, who seem well respected.

Hope this helps somewhat,

Nick.
Old 21 February 2002, 02:39 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Sorry, I've just read your post properly - d'oh.

Add a glass break and sleep soundly IMHO.
Old 21 February 2002, 02:44 PM
Vinesh
Scooby Regular

I am going to have the alarm fitted by Kenwood centre (Off Gipsy Lane) they are VSIB approved, and I orignally purchased my alarm from them also I will get to keep my lifetime warranty with them. I will be charged £100 for re-fitting, dont know how what Car ELectronics charge.

So u would not recommend a Omnissensor?

Following taken form www.clifford.co.uk

Dual-Zone OmniSensor™
A user-adjustable, digital vibration/impact sensor with dual sensing levels to distinguish between intrusion attempts and less significant impacts. If someone accidentally bumps your car (with a football, for example), a distinctive warning is sounded. If forced entry is detected, the full alarm reacts and sounds. (Available only for use with higher-end systems - for Arrow 3, Concept 100/300 models use the alternative Dual-Zone Piezo Sensor).
Old 22 February 2002, 02:18 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

I *would definitely* recommend a glass break, for sure. Omnisensor? It's up to you as to whether you think it's worth the moolah or not. I haven't bothered, but that isn't the point

Old 22 February 2002, 04:09 PM
Vinesh
Scooby Regular

Cool

Cheers mate I will look into it. I might just get the glass sensor and leave the omnisensor. I already have a single zone shock sensor, so I will just use that.