Notices

toad ai606 total closure

Search this Thread

Old 03 September 2006, 03:44 PM
shoobydoo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default toad ai606 total closure

afternoon looking for a solution:car total closure appears to be not working:used to work ok but now alarm will sound and doors will lock but windows will not rise:however windows will rise manually via button:looked in my manual and tried to follow instructions but can not get any joy:any help would be appreciated
Old 03 September 2006, 09:20 PM
MR_TOAD_INSTALLER
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HI mate the button you say is that normal window button

Ian
Old 04 September 2006, 09:13 AM
shoobydoo
Scooby Regular

Yes, On your drivers door there are 4 buttons, rear left/right&front left/right. So you have to wind windows up yourself then leave the car and alarm the car:according to the instructions to rearm full closure you need to press buttons 3&4 and with the ignition off:can not seem to get this bit right
Old 04 September 2006, 09:21 AM
shoobydoo
Scooby Regular

ps buttons 3&4 have to pressed at the same time:
Old 04 September 2006, 05:49 PM
MotorGuard
BANNED

sounds like the installer has used a channel on your alarm to activate the window closure. Did you have to keep button 3 & 4 pressed untill all the windows had closed or did you let go of the buttons once the windows started to lift. Also do the windows lift at all when you press the buttons.
Old 04 September 2006, 08:28 PM
shoobydoo
Scooby Regular

On my toad fob there are 2 buttons top one with a lock logo left and one with open logo on the right:bottom left and bottom right are blank:So originally when i exit the car with windows down i press right hand button and the doors subsequenty locked after 2 or 3 seconds windows would rise and close:About a month ago i locked car and went into house:next mornig found window open and car seat wringing wet:looked in hand book and it states"window/total closure hold button 3 and 4:ignition off:have tried various methods of ignition off for example window open no key in ignition or window closed no key in ignition or widow closed key in ignition etc etc:total closure deffinately used too work so at a loss nowne other thing off note about 3 weeks ago the alarm would not deactivate so opened car waited 3 mins for alarm to stop:and could not start car(obviously still immobilised (good thing)then prattled about pressing alsorts of buttons and eventually de armed:does this help any, no problems with entry since then
Old 05 September 2006, 10:14 AM
MikeyN
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by shoobydoo
On my toad fob there are 2 buttons top one with a lock logo left and one with open logo on the right:bottom left and bottom right are blank:So originally when i exit the car with windows down i press right hand button and the doors subsequenty locked after 2 or 3 seconds windows would rise and close:About a month ago i locked car and went into house:next mornig found window open and car seat wringing wet:looked in hand book and it states"window/total closure hold button 3 and 4:ignition off:have tried various methods of ignition off for example window open no key in ignition or window closed no key in ignition or widow closed key in ignition etc etc:total closure deffinately used too work so at a loss nowne other thing off note about 3 weeks ago the alarm would not deactivate so opened car waited 3 mins for alarm to stop:and could not start car(obviously still immobilised (good thing)then prattled about pressing alsorts of buttons and eventually de armed:does this help any, no problems with entry since then
Hi there,

Your original description of switching the ignition off, exiting the vehicle closing all the doors, boot and bonnet whilst leaving the windows open, then pressing the lock button on the remote (Top left) the indicators should flash once, the siren will chirp once (If sirens chirps have been enabled in the software menu), the doors will lock if the CDL outputs have been connected to your vehicle from the alarm and the LED on the dash will start to flash red. At this point if one of the accessory wires (The white wire) has been connected either to a total closure unit or direct to an original total closure wire on your vehicle) and a sofware switch has been changed in the alarms settings this will allow a neg down the white wire automatically upon arming the alarm to power up the coil of a relay and in turn this can supply either a window closure module or the total closure wire on the vehicle.

Where you were making refrence earlier to buttons 3&4 being used together to operate the total closure this is also indeed another way that total closure can be used in conjunction with the alarm, however in this case a different accessory output wire will be used coming from the alarm and this would be a green/red wire and once again this would be used via a relay to supply either a total closure module or the total closure wire on your vehicle, but reading from your original thread this is not how the alarm worked in the first place (When all was ok) so please disregard this information in your user manual.

The final scenario you describe about the alarm not disarming as it should, should have had no impcat on this scenario.

So in summary I can only conclude that either the accessory wire (white) coming from the Toad alarm has a poor connection to either into or out of a relay or into a total closure module or into the total closure wire on your vehicle. Or in the case or having a module fitted the module power supplies/outputs are also poor hence total closure would again not operate. But going from your desciption it would seem like your vehicle has total closure through the use of holding your key over in the barrell is this correct? If not you vehicle will have a total closure module, the white wire supplying a switched neg input to this module perhaps via a relay, so it would be these items I would be getting your original installer to have a look at or your nearest local installer.

To locate your nearest Toad installer if required ring Toad Sales on 0870 417 7795 select option 3 and provide them with your address details, and these will in turn let you know where your nearest local dealer is.

I hope this information is of a help to yourself, and if you do need anymore assisatnec please do not hesitate to reply to this post or pm me.

Regards

Mike.N
Old 05 September 2006, 10:06 PM
shoobydoo
Scooby Regular

Thanks very much for the detailed reply,Will be trying to locate these wires in the morning when all is light:Keep an eye on this link and i will be in touch with hopefully a conclusion:Once again thanks for taking the time to reply:Mal
Old 06 September 2006, 09:42 PM
shoobydoo
Scooby Regular

had a look for said wires unfortunately can not seem to find relay etc so booking car into garage(toad approved) next week:
Old 01 October 2006, 11:50 AM
lee-swindon
Scooby Regular

on my toad alram i just hold down button four and the windows close with that, ive never had total clousure on mine
Old 02 October 2006, 10:08 AM
MikeyN
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lee-swindon
on my toad alram i just hold down button four and the windows close with that, ive never had total clousure on mine

There is a software switch on the alarm that can be adjusted so that when you arm the alarm the windows will start rising automatically either through the use of an addittional closure unit or via an extended pulse on the total closure wire on your vehicle. The reason your system has been configured as it is so total closure is only performed when you request it I.E. Arm the alarm, then press button 4 for 3 seconds the white accessory wire will then give a timed pulse out to lift your windows via TC on your vehicle or a closure module opposed to this timed pulse occuring every time the alarm is armed. Ofcourse if this feature would be more convieniant for yourself your local Toad dealer would be able to adjust this software switch for yourself.

Hope this helps

Regards

Mike.N