Search this Thread

Old 07 March 2003, 01:12 AM
SCOSaltire
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

well done iain!

put me down for the double...

Not sure ill be at KH on saturday... if i dont manage it, ill contact u by email afterwards and arrange P&P

Old 07 March 2003, 02:16 AM
JohnS

I've already watched the video, and can highly recommend it for an evenings viewing. It's fair to say there's a high percentage of Elise content, but it's still fascinating watching.

I recognised quite a few of the regulars cars on the video at some point

However, it's worth the price alone for the footage going up the Mountain section on the Isle of Man

Highly recommended

John
Old 07 March 2003, 12:32 PM
chrisyd
Scooby Regular

Iain, count me in for the double, will see you on saturday for it.

chris
Old 07 March 2003, 12:52 PM
p1 tud
Scooby Regular

yhm skyenet.
Old 07 March 2003, 08:24 PM
teknopete
Scooby Regular

Cool

Iain,

I`ll ave the double m8
Will b at KH 2morrow so c u there.

Pete
Old 07 March 2003, 11:05 PM
Neil XR
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hi iain

any of me in my red turbo sierra, if so will have the double cd as well

Neil
Old 08 March 2003, 06:12 AM
skyenet
Scooby Regular

Yes Neil you are in it as well, slding round the hairpin.

Just about to leave

Iain
Old 08 March 2003, 01:30 PM
Neil XR
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i will take a double cd off you then
Old 08 March 2003, 04:11 PM
p1 tud
Scooby Regular

ian did you get my mail this time mate??
Old 08 March 2003, 04:58 PM
teknopete
Scooby Regular

Question

Iain,

I got the stuff home n opened the case an right away spotted a couple of wee probs There was only 1 disc in the double case (I know, shoulda checked when i got it from u) and there was a postit note in the case which said "wrong label" Stuck the cd in my dvd and, yeah u guessed it, it`s the wrong label on it But other than that everythin`s great
U want me 2 email u my address, so u can send the other disc 2 me ?
(the one with knockhill on it).

Cheers

Pete
Old 08 March 2003, 06:10 PM
skyenet
Scooby Regular

Pete

Sorry about that - Must have given you my demo disc set which was labelled the wrong way round. Will get a complete new set off to you. Just e-mail me your address and will pop it in post first class. May even find some other stuff of Big Red and burn it onto a CD for you.

Iain
Old 08 March 2003, 06:13 PM
skyenet
Scooby Regular

P1 Tud and SCOSaltire - Got your e-mail and will reply asap.

Cheers Iain
Old 09 March 2003, 12:31 AM
teknopete
Scooby Regular

Wink

Good stuff Iain

That`d be totally top drawer bud if u got any of Big Red.
YHM.

Pete
Old 10 March 2003, 04:28 PM
skyenet
Scooby Regular

Pete

VCDs away to you today along with another VCD conating another 70 mins of stuff. Hopefully you are in the first 20 minute clip from the wet Knockhill meet last July I think.

Also popped in a cd with all the photos I have taken at Knockhill so hopefully big red is in there somewhere.

SCOSaltire

Your VCDs are also in the post along with an extra VCD of the Lotus 111S demo day you were at and other Lotus days including TT2002.

Still have quite a few left if anybody else is interested. Many thanks to everybody that did buy one as I made enough to cover all my petrol, materials and postage costs. Big Thanks also to JohnS for promoting the sales, he didn't even accept my commision offer. Did get some nice footage on Saturday including some wide angle video shots from inside a P1 around the track.

Cheers Iain
Old 10 March 2003, 04:39 PM
SCOSaltire
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

cheers Iain

have sent u the necessary too

looking forward to watching them...
Especially thanks for the extra elise footage!
You know how much i like the elise... nice thought and much appreciated

dunno why more people arnt taking up the offer...

Cheers
Phil
Old 10 March 2003, 05:10 PM
Crush
Scooby Regular

Put me down for one

After all, I did spend a fair amount of time in that passenger seat eh? Especially at Kames. I was dizzy by the end of one of the days

Can you just send me an email? Crushy@ukonline.co.uk
Old 10 March 2003, 06:14 PM
chrisyd
Scooby Regular

Wink

For anybody who has not seen Iain's footage, well worth buying, best part is scotys elise driving in the wet, absolute wicked driving skills.

Iain, will you be making any cd's of KH last saturday, would be first in que for one.
Old 03 June 2003, 11:21 PM
skyenet
Scooby Regular

Last year I experimented quite a bit with taking video at Knockhill, Kames, Crail and Isle of Man. I am glad to say that I have managed to edit all the stuff and have come up with some VCDs that folk may be interested in.

I produced the VCDs using an Apple Mac and the included iMovie software (if anybody has Final Cut I would be interested). VCDs can be viewed in Windows Media Player. If you have a domestic DVD player which can read recordable CDs then it should be able to read VCDs fine. I have tested them in a variety of DVD players and they worked fine, cheap new DVD players especially. Quality is similar to VHS, which is not bad considering I have managed to fit nearly 70 minutes of video on each. Sound quality varies but this is often down to the difficulty in recording decent sound on track. Was going to use music tracks but didn't want copyright issues.

I have a Knockhill one which includes footage from most SIDC track days last year. The video is made up of loads and loads of short clips of many different cars so there should be a good chance that most peoples car are in it somewhere. The contents of the Main Knockhill VCD are:

Knockhill SIDC 2002 Opening Titles with many still shots included - 3 mins
Knockhill SIDC Various clips taken from different viewpoints on my Elise - 48 mins
Pax with Andrew Walsh, instructor of 1st Lotus in a Caterham at the March 2002 event - 8 mins
Pax with Scotty C in his Blue Lotus Elise S1 on a wet July event – not for the squemish - 8 mins
Various skids and offs – starring myself, Scotty and others - Audio TT on the Crail Oval – 3mins

I also have another VCD with various footage on it including:
Knockhill SIDC – Picture in Picture footage – 15 mins
Isle of Man SIDC Birthday Bash 2002 – General photos & video of Mountain TT Course - 22 mins
Kames SIDC Sprint Track – General photos and on Track footage - 15 mins
Dukes Pass – Informal meet and run back and forward including following Motorbike - 18 mins

I am selling the 2 VCDs in a double CD holder for £10. For a single VCD the price will be £7. Proceeds will go to my Knockhill petrol kitty, getting new Video software/hardware and to the SIDC. I will have copies available with me at Knockhill on Saturday. If anybody wants them posted (£1 P&P) out then please e-mail me and I can sort something out. I also have a VHS video with 3 hours of similar material on it and these cost £10 each.

I will be on track on Saturday in my yellow smartie and hopefully it will be dry so will be trying to get as much footage as possible to make up new VCDs which will contain extra stuff including cars arriving, briefing, Pit lane stuff etc. Most of this will probably be stills which can easily be included in a VCD with some new on track video.

Iain
Yellow S2 Elise

[Edited by skyenet - 3/7/2003 10:03:55 AM]
Old 03 July 2003, 10:03 AM
skyenet
Scooby Regular

Cheers for feedback John

The Video contains two Knockhill videos, each about 45 minutes long. The SIDC one contains the most variety of cars and the other one contains more Lotus cars as it was done on TT2002 session, 111S Demo day and Lotus open day.

The VCDs contain the SIDC Knockhill video which has the most variety of cars. Reckon just about every type of car on track is on it. I start my cameras as I head out of the pits and edit in anything I managed to capture so the more Scoobys on track the more I will catch them. Certainly have some sliding around the track. The VCDs also contain the Isle of Man footage with a wee monkey as passenger.

SCOSaltire - No probs - if posting, P&P is £1 as I just checked the weight in Post Office. Hopefully see you at Knockhill though.

[Edited by skyenet - 3/7/2003 10:05:07 AM]