Sponsored by:

Valuation help

Search this Thread

Old 04 January 2014, 06:23 PM
pflowers
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Valuation help

Got my impreza up for sale in the cars for sale section on here (also on eBay)

Can someone please advise whether my asking price is in the ballpark, it's very difficult to value because of the mileage as I would imagine it puts a lot of people off. It's a shame because the condition and the way it drives is of a car with half the miles.

It's up for £2800 but I would accept any offer over £2500, if I can't get that I may just keep it.

I obviously want as much as I can but at the same time want to be realistic, I've had an offer of £2000 which I think is way to low.

Any thoughts?
Old 04 January 2014, 06:25 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Yes: if you want to sell, post in the right place? LOL
Old 04 January 2014, 06:30 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 495 Likes on 339 Posts

i saw this and thought it was a good price to be fair.its the wrong time of year though mate,christmas has barely passed and people wouldnt have had a chance to pay off xmas credit card bills yet

if your not desperate to sell i advise getting the small little niggles done over the next few months and try re-selling then
Old 04 January 2014, 06:30 PM
pflowers
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
Yes: if you want to sell, post in the right place? LOL
What's the issue? I'm asking for an opinion on its value, I have posted in the right place and have not linked to any advert?
Old 04 January 2014, 06:33 PM
pflowers
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by the shreksta
i saw this and thought it was a good price to be fair.its the wrong time of year though mate,christmas has barely passed and people wouldnt have had a chance to pay off xmas credit card bills yet

if your not desperate to sell i advise getting the small little niggles done over the next few months and try re-selling then
Thanks and yes I think you are right, I am just hoping if I can sell now I can get a bargain elsewhere!
Old 04 January 2014, 06:34 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pflowers
Got my impreza up for sale in the cars for sale section on here (also on eBay)

Can someone please advise whether my asking price is in the ballpark, it's very difficult to value because of the mileage as I would imagine it puts a lot of people off. It's a shame because the condition and the way it drives is of a car with half the miles.

It's up for £2800 but I would accept any offer over £2500, if I can't get that I may just keep it.

I obviously want as much as I can but at the same time want to be realistic, I've had an offer of £2000 which I think is way to low.

Any thoughts?
Saw this last night and yes I think your price is OK as silver standard wagon with 79K sold on here for £3K 3 months ago so asking £2800 and accepting an offer of £2500 is about rght I reckon.
Old 04 January 2014, 06:56 PM
pflowers
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Saw this last night and yes I think your price is OK as silver standard wagon with 79K sold on here for £3K 3 months ago so asking £2800 and accepting an offer of £2500 is about rght I reckon.
Thanks, I will just need to curb my impatience I think
Old 04 January 2014, 07:05 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pflowers
Thanks, I will just need to curb my impatience I think
If I can be cheeky can I make two sugestions for your ad:

1) If (and only if) the towbar has genuinely only been used a handful of times take it off and remove it from the ad. Every time you see an ad with a towbar the text always says only used a handful of times to tow a small trailer when in one recent case there was a bloody great caravan parked next to the car in the pics (on Autotrader). Note I am not saying you have used it otherwise, quite the opposite, which is why I suggest you take it off as people are put off by towbars!

2) Re-photograph the car on some nice clean tarmac. In my experience people don't like cars that appear to live on gravel ... especially cars from a manufacturer with a rallying heritage

Just my 2 cents worth
Old 04 January 2014, 07:10 PM
pflowers
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
If I can be cheeky can I make two sugestions for your ad:

1) If (and only if) the towbar has genuinely only been used a handful of times take it off and remove it from the ad. Every time you see an ad with a towbar the text always says only used a handful of times to tow a small trailer when in one recent case there was a bloody great caravan parked next to the car in the pics (on Autotrader). Note I am not saying you have used it otherwise, quite the opposite, which is why I suggest you take it off as people are put off by towbars!

2) Re-photograph the car on some nice clean tarmac. In my experience people don't like cars that appear to live on gravel ... especially cars from a manufacturer with a rallying heritage

Just my 2 cents worth
Thanks again F1, I had thought about the tow bar to be honest, I just couldn't be bothered to take it off then put it back on if I kept the car! Thats my drive unfortunately, it will hopefully look better by the summer but yes I get your point.

I think the problem with cheap impreza's is that the people who want them can't afford to run them and those that can want something a little better.

Old 04 January 2014, 08:12 PM
blackvenom
Scooby Regular

Link?
Old 04 January 2014, 08:21 PM
pflowers
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by blackvenom
Link?
https://www.scoobynet.com/subaru-444...-for-sale.html