Sponsored by:

Independant Dealership, going above and beyond what's normally expected

Search this Thread

Old 29 December 2013, 05:12 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Independant Dealership, going above and beyond what's normally expected

I have been meaning to post this up for some months now but just had the time, after reading "Swaynies" post about the clocked Sccob which made fascinating reading, it inspired me to share our experience we had in the summer when my wife was after an Automatic Megane Scenic, we found a tidy average mileage example down in Bristol, it was on a 55 plate and although stickered up at £2495 it was on Auto Trader for £1995, what followed was quite an experience, almost the total opposite to Swaynies experience.

There were a couple of small issues with the car, two tyres needed replacing, it needed an MOT, the aircon needed recharging which the dealer promised to get sorted as well as adding 6 road tax, which we would pay for. Other than that it was a nice tidy car, which drove really nicely without any odd noises and worth the money in my opinion.

So a week later I get the train down to Bristol to collect the car, paid the remainder of the cost, grabbed the key's fuelled her up and set off for the M4 before the Friday Rush hour kicked in.

Driving home it felt a bit sluggish on the hills which I put down to it being a 1.6 3 speed auto this got gradually worse where it felt as though it wasn't firing on all four. Got it home and called out the AA who diagnosed an ignition coil, replaced it and good as gold. As a result of this I told her to go to the local garage and get a full diagnostic test carried out just in case.

In short about 5 faults came up, ignition sensor, cambelt sensor and a couple of others, the garage we bought it from agreed to collect it and rectify the problems, advuised they'd done this so my wife went back to Bristol on the train with our youngest who was 2 at the time, she drove it around for 10 minutes and a couple of warning lights came up, took it back to the garage where the owner was very apologetic and then went on to say how he was a born again Christian and he couldn't leave her in this position especially as she has a young child he then arranged for a friend to drive my wife and son home (90 miles) and would have the car fixed and dropped off to us.

In short he ended up getting everything done at a Renault main dealer, replaced all faulty sensors, replaced all four ignition coils, replaced the cam belt + a couple of other things I have since forgotten, it must have cost them at least a grand imo and no doubt they would have made a big loss on this vehicle.

Now I can't say they'd have done this for every customer but I take my hat off to these guys, at no time did they try and mis lead us or palm my wife off with some old BS, thoroughly nice guys and deserve a mention for what they did.

So thank you to all at Auro-Elite, Church Rd, Bristol
Old 29 December 2013, 05:15 PM
veerinder9
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much they pay you?
Old 29 December 2013, 05:17 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Honest I know it's hard to believe
Old 29 December 2013, 06:57 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

I value garages like this above all else. I had a very good experience with Yorkshire Exclusive cars as well. A guy with a genuine interest in cars first and making a profit second. He will not let a car go without thoroughly checking everything works 100% first and if anything proves faulty after the sale goes the extra mile in fixing it.
Old 29 December 2013, 06:59 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Really good to hear there are some good guys out there
Old 29 December 2013, 07:17 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

Any others that people can list would be very welcome.
Old 29 December 2013, 08:11 PM
imprezaworks
Scooby Regular

Kind of thing we do when needed. I've worked at the same independent dealer for eight years, not just saying it but we bend over backwards for customers, it's probably why we have been established 32 years.
Old 29 December 2013, 09:13 PM
rob84
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by imprezaworks
Kind of thing we do when needed. I've worked at the same independent dealer for eight years, not just saying it but we bend over backwards for customers, it's probably why we have been established 32 years.
Same here, Had an issue recently with a used 08 sti with engine failure after the customer had done 800 miles, warranty rejected it, we didn't shy away from the issue we fitted a brand new engine FOC, no questions asked.
Customer left very happy indeed..

A happy customer will tell a couple of folk, An unhappy one tells 10.