Sponsored by:

classic impreza starting problems

Search this Thread

Old 28 November 2013, 11:33 PM
K1ngdean
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default classic impreza starting problems

hi, i have a classic Subaru Impreza with a scorpion 1018t alarm, a couple of weeks ago i tried to jump start it as battery went flat, i heard a beep which has never happened before and since then nothing at all no dash lights or anything power windows, head lights just radio occasionally worked, was told by previous owner that alarm has totally been disabled however i don't think it has been the only thing off is the two connections that go it to the alarm brains, i trace the wires from the brains and one goes to the side of the dashboard and is bolted as an earth, if i disconect that everything works all dash lights all windows and headlights etc however no crank, and if i reconnect the two plugs to the brain's of the alarm i get nothing what so ever even with earth on side of dash disconnected or connected please could you help me. thanks
Old 29 November 2013, 10:22 PM
albob
Scooby Regular

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

it's not something daft like a blown fuse ???
Old 29 November 2013, 11:05 PM
K1ngdean
Scooby Newbie

Hi thanks for reply im pretty certain it isnt a fuse as replaced them all but do you know which is the most likely fuse to cause this please and ill triple check it, also i have found my alarm code but have no clue where to enter it as i dont have a keypad unless it goes in the radio but not sure how to enter it as radio is working fine so dont know how to make me enter code, thanks
Old 02 December 2013, 01:05 AM
swaynie
Scooby Regular

Most alarm system have a immob built in and this disconnects the live feed to the starter. The bast place to look is under the dash and remove the steering cowl snd trace the starter wire if it's cut and been reworded just reverse that so the starter wire is complete with no breaks.

Hope this makes sense and you get her running.
Old 02 December 2013, 12:40 PM
K1ngdean
Scooby Newbie

Hi thanks alot ill try that now tried tracing the starter the other day but not 100% where the wire goes but im going to have a good look now thanks
Old 02 December 2013, 12:45 PM
swaynie
Scooby Regular

It will go under the steering cowel and on the back of the back of the ignition switch usually a thick red wire
Old 02 December 2013, 11:18 PM
K1ngdean
Scooby Newbie

hi, absolutely no joy finding that wire i just dont understand why when i take the earth of the side of the dash of i get dash lights and all windows work yet when i reattach it i get nothing at all no lights or anything could it be a faulty earth somewhere or bad battery terminals or possibly the earth to the starter could ay of them cause no dash lights ? and no crank please, thanks alot
Old 08 December 2013, 10:09 AM
poopipe
Scooby Regular

I had similar issues recently - it was imtermittent for a while then died completely. The nice man found the starter wasn't properly earthed - probably happened when I had the gearbox out shortly before.

Worth a look at least...