ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

SMRC Sports & Saloons - September - WET - 2dr GC8s

Search this Thread

Old 15 September 2015, 03:31 PM
Adam Kindness
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SMRC Sports & Saloons - September - WET - 2dr GC8s

Had both cars racing and nearly fully working in 1 race!

Qualy:

I went out on 1B tyres and my car just didnt want to turn in, very understeery.... 56.1 and 5th position... slower than I'd have liked but OK position.
Fee did a couple of slow laps to warm tyres then upped the boost with CAL04 and promptly had the car running on 3cly! 60s lap and 15th not great.

After some headscratching and fault findng we replaced the coil on cly2, and hey presto it was back on 4.

Race 1:

My car had developed a habit of not starting when up to temp.... and suddenly started to overheat in the holding area before the race. It conked out, and would not restart. Pretty annoying, but it was now pissing it down and I was on slicks... so not such a loss!

Fee nursed her car round on slicks and finished 10th. She looked to be taking it very easy, and had a very very close call off the line with a stationary ex-BTCC Primera :O

Race 2:

Quick chat with Steven/SD Motorsport to go through some syvecs changes to help fault find the issue with the car, and give a map that would at least start with hot temp. After some digging a few things fell into place... Fee used the car last month and shredded an AUX belt that damaged the fan wiring. It was repaired but I guess it wasnt tested! Blown fuse was the culprit. Fingers crossed that will fix the issue, but pretty sure it will.

The weather was a bit undecided again - damp track but signs of rain far away. We both went for 888's but with hindsight full wets would have been a much better choice.

We both got good starts (Fee doing 4.2s to 60mph in the wet LOL )... Fee up from 10th to 6th, I got from 16th to 7th before Duffus. I chased Fee for around a lap then passed on the outside of Duffus and then the other two in front of her shortly after... with her following through. I then cocked up on lap 4 I think it was and outbraked myself and lost the rear. I tried to keep it going with a wee drift round the outside of the hairpin but the revs died off so had to drop to first and get going again Boo... my race went down hill from there with visibility issues (new heated screen not working!) and another slide off at McIntyres.
Fee had a clean race, and did consistent lap times... prob the best way to go in those conditions

My Race 2 -

Fee's race 2 -