Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brickbats and Broquets

Search this Thread

Old 24 April 2001, 09:37 PM
David Blows
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very interesting thread on broquets and their perceived value. Left me dazed and confused - but as a Bob Rawle fan, I've decided to give it a go.

The whole issue of improving things got me thinking about the million and one other additives out there, from injection cleaners to enhance this, that and t'other. All meaningless to me, but they sound soooo good.

Anyone use any of these products and can recommend them? I'm not looking for mega performance boost - but anything that helps maintain the life and smooth running of my dearly beloved is worth it.

I do have a confession - it wasn't just broquets that got me thinking... it was my brother-in-law's Ford diesel van (sorry!!!!). It was running badly, would only do 75 on the motorway - so he tried this diesel additive and the results were absolutely stupendous (in Ford terms, anyway). The van pulled better, hit 100mph (he claims...) and did better mpg, all for a bottle of someone unknown additive.

If something like this works on a Ford diesel, I got to thinking additives were worth thinking about.

Any thoughts?

David Second-Post-In-One-Night Blows

PS: I am NOT comparing a Ford diesel with a Scooby - but the principle remains!

PS for Mark Underwood: Mark, if you should read this, please email me - my outgoing doesn't want to play. I'm hoping that your business re-building is so well under way that you may be ready for a UK tour that stops off in my neck of the woods, as we discussed a few months ago.
Old 24 April 2001, 09:43 PM
SUPERCAR-KILLER
Scooby Regular

DB,
As well as my v5 type r i own a 2.5 diesel tranny for work,i put some diesel magic in the other week and it does go like F@ck,it cleans all the injectors an that well woth a fiver..
SK
Old 24 April 2001, 10:20 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

I used to use STP injector cleaner in my Saab, but the results weren't conclusive. It seemed better afterwards, but I was never quite sure if it was just acting like an octane booster. By the time I next filled up I'd forgotten what it was like before the injector cleaner.
Old 24 April 2001, 10:27 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Hi David,

No doubt some b*gger who has never tried it will get a kick out of shooting me down in flames but I invite you to look at
Old 25 April 2001, 04:05 PM
David Blows
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the info - I'll pass it on to my Ford diesel driving brother-in-law. For my part, i have ordered the broquet for my Scoob. The real question I was hoping someone would answer is: "what about all those other products on Halfords' shelves that claim to boost this, keep that clean, improve this etc etc." All very confusing to the technically unitiated. They seem to be absolutely essential to get the best out of engines, but I don't recall anyone on the BB saying "You must get this" or "try this product."

The only thing I've tried is nothing to do with the engine - it's Halfords' own screen clear. It's bloody good! Once you've got used to the driving rain beading UP the screen at a rate of knots, it works very well. Even that perennial problem everyone seems to groan about - wipers that lift off at 80mph or more - seems less of a problem because the rain drives itself off the screen thus giving the impression the wipers are working better...

David Blows
Old 25 April 2001, 05:28 PM
huggy bear
Scooby Newbie

where do i start? i`ve used zx1 engine treatment-didnt do anything for it.

i switched to wynns gold,wynnsfuel cleaner,works very well-reduces friction in the engine,cooler running more power as in torqueer.

also use asta 3000 only available from qvc the shopping channel.this in my opinion is the best stuff ever used.basically it gives the car a top and bottom end clean restoring the performance of the car.it only costs £26 for that you get two treatments each lasting approximately 20,000 miles.my car is a ren 21 1.7 with 133000 on it i use no oil or water must be doind something for my car.