Sponsored by:

Broquet - Important Information

Search this Thread

Old 25 April 2001, 12:31 AM
PhilH
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is my first post on this subject.

I note that the above reply from David Lock does nothing to prove the benefit(s) of Broquet, only to disclaim the information.

On the basis of the Bob Rawle post I placed an order for a Broquet several days ago.

On the basis of the most recent Pete Croney post I wish to withdraw my order.

Webmaster is this feasible?

Phil

Old 25 April 2001, 12:33 AM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi Phil

Totally feasible.

Simply send an email to sales@scoobynet.co.uk stating that you would like to cancel your order.

Best regards

Simon
Old 25 April 2001, 12:50 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Simon,
First, and apology to you for going totally off the rails with one of my replies,

secondly, thanks for the broquet offer, I will NOT, NOT, NOT be cancelling my order, so I hope to see it soon.

BTW - did you post this before or after Pete Croney's post on the broquet thread, with regards to his chat with someone at a fuel conference the other day?

Basically the conclusion was that there were 4 categories of fuel addivite type things:

1) Useful
2) Harmless, but totally useless
3) Midly harmful, but totally useless
4) Harmful, but totally useless

In John Rowlands opinion, Tin pellets fall into category 2, along with fuel line magnets.

Regardless, I'm buying cos I want to.

Thanks to David Lock and Simon for the fantastic offer on broquet
Old 25 April 2001, 11:21 AM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Hi All

My apologies for the time it has taken to come back with this information.

We will be placing the order for broquet first thing in the morning.

Due to a post by a new user on the previous post, I decided to look more deeply into the comments he had made in-case there were some issues which I would like everyone to be aware of before the final order was placed. This was merely to give everyone all the information and offer an option to cancel if necessary.

I am now of the opinion that the information posts was irrelevant and just another "broquet doesn't work because x, y, z happened" which proves nothing at all.

I am still satisfied with the respected testimonies of people such as Bob Rawle and the fact that there is not a single person who has used this product that has mentioned a negative word about it, in fact quite the oposite.

I am also more satisfied as it seems that the people who condemn it are people who have not tried or tested it.

Either way... it is for everyone here to make their own minds up as to whether it will be right for them.

the information which appeared to be important (before reading it) in the removed post the following link :
Old 25 April 2001, 01:40 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Hi Markus

(no problem, that was just a mis-understanding)...

The above post was indeed prior to reading Pete's latest post on the subject in the following thread...
Old 25 April 2001, 01:48 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Thanks Simon.

Hope I did not at fuel to the fire with my post, if so then please delete it.

Just thought I'd put the info in this thread as ppl may have stopped/not bothered to read the 'scientific proof' thread.
Old 25 April 2001, 01:51 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Hi Markus

Not at all!

It is essential that everyone has all the information.

It is honestly no skin off scoobynet's nose if EVERYONE was to cancel their order.

We are just offering a service by finding these deals and taking a small commision.

All the best

Simon

Trending Topics

Old 25 April 2001, 01:55 PM
DemonDave
Scooby Regular

Question

Simon,

Thanks for your efforts and concerns on this, you have seemed to have stirred up a hornets nest.

I have just one question to finalise my thoughts and order. We all "trust" prodrive to know what they are doing with scoobies.

Do we have concrete proof that they do put these in P1's. Has somebody actually seen the product in the tank from new ? There seems to be mixed responses to this in the thread.

Dave.
Old 25 April 2001, 02:04 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Hi Demon

You're welcome..

This is a tricky one..

Aparently this is the case, but I have no proof so cannot be completely sure...

I have been told (by people who claim to have an actual fax from someone at IM - and offered to send a copy to me - but I declined as it would prove nothing) that this is the case, but cannot be officially stated as it would create a concern over whether the engines were having trouble with UK fuel.

I really don't know, is the answer, so I would suggest that you don't take it as a reason to buy the product unless you can get your own proof.

Best regards

Simon
Old 25 April 2001, 03:30 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Dare I surface?

The following e-mail was received by Broquet International, the manufacturers, from an Impreza owner (pleased with the product) who had also asked about use in P1s and had 'phoned Subaru.

"Just to let you know, Subaru have confirmed that the Broquet is "unofficially" fitted to the Impreza P1 whatever that means! I hope that it works as well unofficially as it does officially".

David
Old 25 April 2001, 03:55 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

David Lock was selling this Broquet in the mid-eighties as far as I remember in the CSMA club magazine and I cannot recall any negative press about it from the members.

That is NOT so say it works, just that it seemed to NOT do any damage.

I think if it is safe then it is up to individuals to try it if they wish.

Can I just ask a question? I assume it works by being 'used-up' or 'dissolved' into the petrol??? Does it have a life?? if yes what is it?? or is that life so long as not to need calculating??

Pete
Old 25 April 2001, 04:33 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Broquet does not dissolve and will stay active for at least 250,000 miles. My own test experience was use in a "leaded" Mini 1000 for 12 years and 80,000 miles on 95 unleaded using the SAME Broquet unit. After 12 years we examined the head which was a bit tired but no major valve seat recession. This compared to a trial by an engineer using unleaded in a similar Mini which suffered major valve seat recession running on unleaded (without Broquet) after about 6000 miles. Not scientific at all - different engines, driving styles etc - (although my test car was driven hard and used in rallies), just another a contribution to the overall debate. Around 20,000 CSMA members use Broquet mostly to "convert" to unleaded and no serious problems have EVER been reported in 10 years of use. David

[This message has been edited by David Lock (edited 25 April 2001).]
Old 25 April 2001, 05:31 PM
JasonHook
Scooby Regular

Dear All

I have placed an order for Broquet and here are my thoughts:

1. Given that this product has been available for some time and it doesn't rely on magic to work it should not have been impossible to determine what effect it has and how it works. Has there been any chemical analysis of the fuel before and after undertaken?

2. I was prepared to accept that Broquet had been used by IM in the P1 fuel tanks and that was a major confidence booster when placing the order.

3. The most important question for me is will it damage my engine? If the answer is no, then how sure can we be?

I'm really not sure that I want to risk damaging my engine so some reassurance would be welcome.....

Regards
Jason
Old 25 April 2001, 05:46 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Jason, Very fair question but I can say it will not damage your engine and hasn't done so far in around 150,000 engines in a 12 year period. Every single Broquet unit that has ever been sold comes with a Warranty card issued by the manufacturers. This has also been confirmed in writing to Simon. David.