Worth looking at?

Search this Thread

Old 10 December 2011, 01:29 PM
Naggered
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Worth looking at?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2708692530...#ht_1228wt_922

Any thoughts chaps? Hope the link works, car is very local and in a previous ad the seller mentioned that he would take part ex. Started out at £4399 which is a bit strong. Could be a chance to move my bike on without the hassle of tyre kickers and into a scoob without divorce inducing expense . I know the miles are a bit unsociable but it's only weekend toy and the history seems to be pretty comprehensive. Be grateful for any opinions from the knowledgeable masses. Cheers.
Old 10 December 2011, 01:44 PM
Kwik
Scooby Regular

I'm a snob. When i read the write-ups they are all in cockney accents, and they are trying to tell me about "tha mrs guv" and "its well fast, but its never been thrashed".

I'm also a cockney....so kind of a hypocrite.
Old 10 December 2011, 01:50 PM
AN07 PTN
Scooby Regular

i dont think it is there car the fact they talk of the three clocks in the centre ????? do you mean gauges????
Old 10 December 2011, 01:59 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Received 447 Likes on 371 Posts

Funny enough I actually bidded on this car some months ago before I bought the Scooby I'm using now. He wanted way to much I offered him around 4 grand and he wanted 5.5 grand minimum. The bidding was slightly higher then what I offered but didn't meet the reserve. I'm wondering why it hasn't sold yet, there must have been something that made the deal fall through, service history or noises that shouldn't be there. Either way if you like it call up and ask all the usual questions then go and see it.
Old 10 December 2011, 01:59 PM
Naggered
Scooby Newbie

I'm pretty sure the guy selling this is employed by a friend of a friend, trying to find out for sure as it may provide a bit more background. It's true that the way some of the ads on eBay are worded defies belief
Old 10 December 2011, 02:09 PM
Scooby B
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AN07 PTN
i dont think it is there car the fact they talk of the three clocks in the centre ????? do you mean gauges????
Difference between centre gauges and centre clocks is, centre gauges display boost and temps, centre clocks display world time (London, new york and moscow etc)

He states its complete standard part from the "exhaust and centre clocks" then says it has a "Full STI Pack". Is that all a STI pack consists of? An exhaust and clocks?

Stay well clear, the seller sounds like a bull-****ter.
Old 10 December 2011, 02:13 PM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like a standard WRX with a spoiler and winglets to me, a bit of paint and a few blue hoses doesn't make it an STi and with over 100k on the clock I'd swerve it personally
Old 10 December 2011, 02:56 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby B
Difference between centre gauges and centre clocks is, centre gauges display boost and temps, centre clocks display world time (London, new york and moscow etc)

He states its complete standard part from the "exhaust and centre clocks" then says it has a "Full STI Pack". Is that all a STI pack consists of? An exhaust and clocks?

Stay well clear, the seller sounds like a bull-****ter.
Now do you see why I walked away and carried on looking. lol
Old 10 December 2011, 03:02 PM
the hamster
BANNED

he's clearly a wheeler dealer who knows jack **** about Impreza's. Chances are its a lemon he got cheap and needs rid of it.

Walk away, quickly.
Old 10 December 2011, 03:13 PM
Naggered
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for the advice guys, the only reason I was considering this was because of the px possibility. I'm not in any rush and I'd be happier if I can find a car that meets approval here. Something will turn up sooner or later. Hamster, yours is very tempting! I'm no mechanic myself though and I worry that something quite modified will be over my head.
Really should move the bike first in any case, Mrs Naggered will only put up with so much!
Old 10 December 2011, 03:32 PM
the hamster
BANNED

Originally Posted by Naggered
Hamster, yours is very tempting! I'm no mechanic myself though and I worry that something quite modified will be over my head.
I was the same mate. I knew nothing about Impreza's so I spent a month looking for one that had all the mods done professionally and was a well looked after and sorted car. I feel more confident about working on it now, but thats only after doing extensive reading and learning from the great members on here.

I could now take a standard car and modify it to a reasonable level without much hassle but this is a costly process compared to buying a car which already has most of the work done.

Good luck with your search chap, dont rush into anything and if you want any help feel free to pm me.
Old 10 December 2011, 03:48 PM
Naggered
Scooby Newbie

Cheers Hamster, very much appreciated. 20yrs ago I would've bought the first thing I could get my hands on. I'm a little more patient these days, I know the cost of modifying is never really reflected in the sale price so I'm sure I'll go with one which is already sorted. Better do some invoicing and get some more in the toy fund.
Old 10 December 2011, 04:02 PM
bluenosewrx
Scooby Regular

I hate people who put STi badges on a WRX,

Mac
Old 10 December 2011, 10:03 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bluenosewrx
I hate people who put STi badges on a WRX,

Mac
Lol I don't mind it if they are honest when they sell it or asked about it. I think the STI badge looks cool lol.
Old 11 December 2011, 11:25 AM
stu turbo 98
Scooby Regular

The ad states the car is in showroom condition with the foot well full of debrissome people havent got a clue how to sell a car!
Old 11 December 2011, 11:28 AM
Camoscooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GAZ2293
Looks like a standard WRX with a spoiler and winglets to me, a bit of paint and a few blue hoses doesn't make it an STi and with over 100k on the clock I'd swerve it personally
Me too
Old 11 December 2011, 11:57 AM
Galifrey
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AN07 PTN
Clocks is the term that was used back in the day now mostly used to describe the odometer. However, an 8 year old car that hardly gets used with 103k on it smacks of BS, looks like he couldn't be bothered to clean his daily driver inside as well

This guy alledgedly races yet cannot even spell tyres in UK English
Old 11 December 2011, 02:01 PM
Naggered
Scooby Newbie

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1606858694...#ht_2276wt_922
Thanks for all the advice guys. I think that ones off the list by the seems of it.
Could someone have a glance at the above link please, ad is a bit fluffy but it's a classic wagon and I've got a big soft spot for them! If the window tint comes off that is.
Once again there's a chance of a px for my triumph which would be great, question is if this is truly an STI? I'm sure many of you will know, thanks in advance.
Old 11 December 2011, 02:11 PM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like a genuine STI wagon to me , But the price seems a little off the mark, Bearing in mind what you can get for 3K now, For another £1-1.5k you can get a Bug sti with a 6 speed,

Not the best example but the 1st one i found, http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3439092.htm

Obviously depends on your budget and what you actually want though, Just thought i would point it out.
Old 11 December 2011, 02:21 PM
Naggered
Scooby Newbie

Thanks Gaz. I'm being lazy to be honest. I don't ride the bike often enough to be safe on it these days but I hate selling anything, too many tyre kickers.
It's only to be used as a toy and I really do like the classics, if I can find something reasonable that I can px against it would be less trauma. If it was my daily drive I'd be looking at a new age for sure.