Sponsored by:

Should I buy this Impreza

Search this Thread

Old 24 August 2011, 12:54 AM
twinturbo
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I buy this Impreza

Please be gentle with me as this is my first post, I have seen a Black Impreza S GT for sale at Keighley Trade centre.
Does anyone have any knowledge of this car, having read online reports of KTC I am tempted to run a mile
The ad states it is a 2007 (2008MY) with only 1500 miles , the rest of the Ad is gibberish

Is it one of their less than honest concoctions.
I am after the S GT as I do not want a STI or WRX, both a bit too focused for my needs.
If I can find one this will be my return to Scooby ownership, had a 2.0 wagon a few years ago until some scumbag nicked it .
Any help would be appreciated.
Old 24 August 2011, 12:59 AM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The cars been there since it was new when they imported it back in 2007/8. It's a clean car so you shouldn't have anything to worry about. An s-gt is a WRX however they dropped the name in Japan for S-GT. I think you'd be better of with an STI tbh.

Immy

Last edited by juggers; 24 August 2011 at 04:26 AM.
Old 24 August 2011, 01:12 AM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

KTC use the search button fella!

TX.
Old 24 August 2011, 01:34 AM
Shaks-STI
Scooby Regular

K-T-C no no bad reputation i have heard nothing but bad experience with them stay away fella
Old 24 August 2011, 08:16 AM
Cammy5106
Scooby Regular

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...nter-then.html

Read these posts mate I would stay well clear sound like a right bunch of Wan@#rs!!!
Old 09 March 2012, 11:54 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by juggers
The cars been there since it was new when they imported it back in 2007/8. It's a clean car so you shouldn't have anything to worry about. An s-gt is a WRX however they dropped the name in Japan for S-GT. I think you'd be better of with an STI tbh.

Immy
From new? I have been to see this car as I wanted it. I was desperate for a S-GT as these are the only Imprezas I would touch now and was impressed by the low miles and reasonable price. The thing was scratched to smithereens, not major ones but it looked like someone has cleaned it with a scourer. I find it hard to believe that it had only 1500 miles of use and even harder to believe they have had it from new in that condition.
Old 10 March 2012, 01:09 AM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

The company is an utter joke, how they still manage to have a business at all shocks me.
Just recently Kas was interested in buying a JDM Hawk from them, after viewing it he soon changed his mind.

Steer clear from them, no matter how badly you want the car or how good the deal seems.
Old 10 March 2012, 01:41 AM
chrishigham
Scooby Regular

i've Been on all types of car forums for years and not heard one good word. Keep looking mate.
Old 10 March 2012, 01:53 AM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SRSport
From new? I have been to see this car as I wanted it. I was desperate for a S-GT as these are the only Imprezas I would touch now and was impressed by the low miles and reasonable price. The thing was scratched to smithereens, not major ones but it looked like someone has cleaned it with a scourer. I find it hard to believe that it had only 1500 miles of use and even harder to believe they have had it from new in that condition.
It's been sat there for years I wouldn't be surprised if it had scratches with people walking past and test drives etc.
I seen this car when it come off the boat and it was in new condition, When I went to collect my car this was also in the yard and it was the first JDM hatch i had seen and believe me it was a spanker.

Other than the scratches was there anything else wrong with it what about the interior you can usually tell when a cars new or done 1500 miles?
Old 10 March 2012, 07:31 AM
mickp
Scooby Regular

KTC has got a terrible name. If it's that scratched after so little use then clearly things cannot be right.

Unless it is at a giveaway price best to move on i would have thought.
Old 10 March 2012, 09:39 AM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by juggers
It's been sat there for years I wouldn't be surprised if it had scratches with people walking past and test drives etc.
I seen this car when it come off the boat and it was in new condition, When I went to collect my car this was also in the yard and it was the first JDM hatch i had seen and believe me it was a spanker.

Other than the scratches was there anything else wrong with it what about the interior you can usually tell when a cars new or done 1500 miles?
Didnt look much past the scratches to be honest. It didnt really add up to me a car like that with so little miles. I supposed it could have been the Saturday morning washer boy using one sponge that had fallen on the ground several times. If they havent already it would be worth their while correcting it, I wonder if they have lost any more sales because of it.
Old 10 March 2012, 10:02 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

KTC reminds me of the situation you face with a fat birds beef curtains;

I wouldn't even touch them with your ****.

End of discussion.
Old 10 March 2012, 12:58 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

Surely their high end Lambourghinis etc must be ok? Most people I know who are able to buy one more than capable on turning the tables on someone like that if they felt screwed over...legally or otherwise.
Old 10 March 2012, 02:31 PM
mestonian
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do NOT touch keithley trade centre, just one trip over there, ALL their cars are scratched, dented, battered & bruised, the only nice ones are the supercars inside, oh and their reputation is shocking. Just a heads up
Old 10 March 2012, 03:00 PM
chronicK
Scooby Regular

I've always found myself put off by something in their photos or ad when looking at cars on their site. That said though my friend bought an R33 from them and it was a cracking car.
Old 10 March 2012, 08:25 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

What do they actually do that is so bad?