Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

insurance pay outs what have u had?

Search this Thread

Old 06 June 2011, 11:18 PM
Stomppers
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default insurance pay outs what have u had?

my cars going to be writen off i shed a little tear in my eye nearly when me classic went on the transportet today. But moving on what kind money would they be looking to offer do you think on a 96WRX Saloon silver 113,000km?
Old 06 June 2011, 11:53 PM
chasey
Scooby Regular

£1500 i bet
Old 06 June 2011, 11:54 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

What mods, and if so were they declared?
Old 07 June 2011, 07:56 AM
tow13
Scooby Regular

Sorry to here it .. Street value not how much you have it insured for.
Id say £1800 do we get a prize for the closest
Old 07 June 2011, 08:00 AM
CREWJ
Scooby Regular

I wouldn't expect much more than £1500
Old 07 June 2011, 09:10 AM
Antony@indigo-gt
Former Sponsor

Depends whether you had an agreed value, was the car standard or modified and were the mods covered like for like?
Old 07 June 2011, 09:20 AM
midnight
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tow13
Sorry to here it .. Street value not how much you have it insured for.
Id say £1800 do we get a prize for the closest
Depending on the overall condition and the mileage,i would say thats a good base point figure.Make sure you look on autotrader ,and pistonheads ,etc and keep a note of similar models of the same age & condition & mileage as yours to give to the insurance when they offer
you there 1st quote.
Old 07 June 2011, 12:11 PM
kj200sx
Scooby Regular

I got £2500 for my ver 3 Sti v limited and that was a trade value would have been around £4000 if not but as above think you would be looking at the £1500 mark as seen loads selling for £1000-£1200 did you not buy it back as could of got some money back from bits etc or was it to badly damaged
Old 07 June 2011, 05:01 PM
Richy P1984
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Paid 4k for my classic (99) turbo 2000 which at the time was on the money. It got wrote off a year later (thanks HGV & Herts CC). Car was valued at 3k ish -£30 for the cat back i didnt tell them about.

came back with £2650. One mahoosive rip off. Admiral
Old 07 June 2011, 06:02 PM
Trippie
Scooby Regular

a couple of years ago i bought a 406 coupe v6 on ebay for £638.00.
a bargain if i may say so,
anyway 3 or 4 weeks latter a young lad just past his test pulls out in-front of me,
caves the front end in (wright off)
get a hire car same day and two weeks to the day latter
a cheque arrives in the post,

£1400.00
RESULT ..... no often tho eh.
Shaun.
Old 07 June 2011, 06:52 PM
FurballPhil
Scooby Regular

I had my BMW written off about 5 years ago now... I was stationary and hit from behind.

I`d owned the car for 4 years, I`d spent alot of money on it, over the years. All modifications were declared and insured...

Anyway, I got offered a settlement for the car and Insured Mods which wasn`t too bad.

But I wasn`t too happy with losing my car as the car was also my hobby.
My Insurance company was Sabre, the rep I was dealing with then advised me that they could push for a "Loss Of Enjoyment" claim on top of my settlement......... I got £2700 for my "Loss of Enjoyment" along with my £1280 for the customary "Whiplash" claim and £7300 for the main car settlement.
So, there are other ways to bump your settlement figure up

Last edited by FurballPhil; 07 June 2011 at 06:55 PM.
Old 07 June 2011, 07:27 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by FurballPhil
I had my BMW written off about 5 years ago now... I was stationary and hit from behind.

I`d owned the car for 4 years, I`d spent alot of money on it, over the years. All modifications were declared and insured...

Anyway, I got offered a settlement for the car and Insured Mods which wasn`t too bad.

My Insurance company was Sabre, the rep I was dealing with then advised me that they could push for a "Loss Of Enjoyment" claim on top of my settlement......... I got £2700 for my "Loss of Enjoyment" along with my £1280 for the customary "Whiplash" claim and £7300 for the main car settlement.
Hence we pay so much for our insurance..............
Not the wisest thing to do, publish such comments, on an open forum.
Old 07 June 2011, 08:12 PM
FurballPhil
Scooby Regular

You pay high insurance due to the car you drive, uninsured drivers and uninsured driver caused claims, the area you live, penalty points, age.......

I pay my insurance, declare all Mods and have 1 claim in 22 years driving (Which wasn`t even my fault)

My settlement was all legal and above board, Receipts for all modifications, Dr`s certificate that I was treated for whiplash.... Sabre insurance pushing for Loss Of Enjoyment.... Hey Ho, No problem... Decent Payout For A Change...

Last edited by FurballPhil; 07 June 2011 at 08:18 PM.
Old 07 June 2011, 08:25 PM
black ctr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FurballPhil

its ***** like you that **** the whole system up,****
Old 07 June 2011, 08:38 PM
FurballPhil
Scooby Regular

What IS Your Problem.............. **** What system up...........

Hang On Here......... I Pay Insurance Every Year for 22 years, make one claim due to being hit in the rear by someone not paying attention to stationary traffic...

I declare absoloutly every Mod, Change, Upgrade on my cars and pay extra on my insurance for it

And I`m a **** for ******* Your system up cos I get a good settlement on my car, I get the value of my insured Mods and Upgrades (All Receipts Kept and Handed In), I get a whiplash claim that I was treated for AND My Insurance company had the bright idea of claiming a loss of enjoyment, all from the other guys insurance

Do you have some sort of problem? Were you not breast fed or something?

What Exactly Have I Done That`s So Wrong????????

Last edited by FurballPhil; 07 June 2011 at 08:59 PM.
Old 07 June 2011, 10:46 PM
Stomppers
Scooby Regular

no mods on the car other some exhaust that was already on it just completelty standered like i said its got 113,000 km on the clock no rust cept for minor surface rust underneath from it being an import. Was my pride n joy av been making it run right for the last few month just got it running right and this happens!! hoping to get a call tomo on whats happening they picked the car up yesturday. like you my car was my hobby but i dont think ill go for that. just my whiplash and car thats going to b written off i was hoping to get around £1850 for it im guessing thats being a bit hopful
Old 07 June 2011, 11:34 PM
FurballPhil
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Stomppers
no mods on the car other some exhaust that was already on it just completelty standered like i said its got 113,000 km on the clock no rust cept for minor surface rust underneath from it being an import. Was my pride n joy av been making it run right for the last few month just got it running right and this happens!! hoping to get a call tomo on whats happening they picked the car up yesturday. like you my car was my hobby but i dont think ill go for that. just my whiplash and car thats going to b written off i was hoping to get around £1850 for it im guessing thats being a bit hopful
I thought they were taking the mick with telling me I might get loss of enjoyment compensation... So, just said Aye, go for it....

I did have to send in photo`s of my car and it`s stages of my modifying it. I had already told them I`d got dozens of photos of her standard and in various stripped stages and also end result. Plus photo shots at Car Shows....... This was to prove the car was more than just a set of wheels for me
How many of you have owned a car, that you had spent lots of money and time on... Getting your car to how you want it, then, through no fault of your own, a careless driver wrecks it.... Sabre realised that there was a case for compensation for the driver at fault also destroying my hobby and taking away my enjoyment of the end result of that hobby. To me, that`s what Insurance Companies are there for... To Protect and Insure Your Best Interest.

So, to the post earlier Calling me a **** for the settlement I got and that I pulled some kind of Mega Fraud... It was just my Insurance Company doing what I pay my premium for. Looking after my interests and getting me the best settlement from the driver at faults Policy..
I`m guessing if you were in the same postion, you would have turned it all down in a gesture to keep my next years premium cheaper...

Last edited by FurballPhil; 07 June 2011 at 11:40 PM.
Old 07 June 2011, 11:42 PM
Stomppers
Scooby Regular

i agree if i could get more i would i pay 2.5k a year for my insurance and over the years it would b nice to have somthing back.....i agree there are risk factors to take into account but 2.5 a year at the end off it if i dont have an accident i get a extra like 3% discount at the end of the year but they get 2.5 for some paper
Old 07 June 2011, 11:57 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

A pal of mine rolled his 53 plate M3 last year. Insurance company first offered him 12K. He declined that offer, and the next one. He finally got just shy of 14K back after alot of moaning and groaning.
So tip of the day, don't except their first offer.
My pal printed off similar cars that he found for sale and sent them all in.
Old 08 June 2011, 12:08 AM
FurballPhil
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MattyB1983
A pal of mine rolled his 53 plate M3 last year. Insurance company first offered him 12K. He declined that offer, and the next one. He finally got just shy of 14K back after alot of moaning and groaning.
So tip of the day, don't except their first offer.
My pal printed off similar cars that he found for sale and sent them all in.
I agree.... Don`t just sit and let the Insurance Company dictate what your car is worth..... You hear all too often of people being offered settlements that are no where near the amount it would cost you to go buy the same car again. Plus, if the reason your car had written off wasn`t your fault, it`s like the Insurance Company giving you a kick in the ***** while you`re already down....

Last edited by FurballPhil; 08 June 2011 at 12:11 AM.
Old 13 June 2011, 08:59 PM
tow13
Scooby Regular

Have you had an offer yet??

FurballPhil, WTG I am glad that some1 got there payment satisfactory and as a fully insured driver with mods declared jackpot mate . I have always paid approx £150+ per month for my insurance not to just drive but also enjoy and to have as a project. Shame I didnt know about this when I claimed for my Skyline, and the ones who knack the insuranse system up are the thieving scumbags and those who think they are better than us who dont pay there premiums.. Grrrrrrr just as much damage and carnage can be inflicted using a D reg Peugeot as a WR1 can. Yes the WR1 has more power but we all are supposed to stick to the limits, getting to the point I think that insurance should only be reflected upon how much you value your car at..
Old 14 June 2011, 01:35 AM
spally
Scooby Regular

dont see why people are having a go at furball, every penny he got back from the claim all seems to be above board, think we would all do the same.

I was recently quite lucky, had a 2.0 turbo sri astra, which some young kid decided to take a cornet to quick, smash into and write off.

The insurance guy rang me 3 days later with an offer between £700 - £1000 more than i was expecting, so some companies do pay out reasonable money for cars.
Old 19 June 2011, 09:42 PM
Stomppers
Scooby Regular

well guys finally the offer is in i got offered not saying untill i have the cheaque in my hand haha

Last edited by Stomppers; 19 June 2011 at 09:47 PM.
Old 19 June 2011, 09:46 PM
CREWJ
Scooby Regular

Take it and run before they realize the mistake!
Old 19 June 2011, 10:20 PM
RS_Matt
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Ford insure gave me £3000 for an RS2000 I paid £8000 for.
Old 19 June 2011, 11:26 PM
brocksta
Scooby Regular

my x boss lost control of his m3 wrote it off. and when insurance came out to look at it they noticed a tyre was just under legal limit...hence no pay out..he was guttted.
Old 20 June 2011, 12:11 AM
Stomppers
Scooby Regular

should always check ya tyres....being a tyre fitter myself mine where all tiptop