Newbie in the ranks

Search this Thread

Old 29 September 2010, 11:28 AM
Talking Dog
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Newbie in the ranks

Hi,

I’ve been looking here for advice for the past few months while I was in the process of hunting a WRX. Like many others the decision to go for a 2.5 or 2.0 weighed heavily on my mind as I was 9K budget.

In all I took 8 cars out and went over them very armed with the knowledge you guys had placed on here. Many thanks for that.

Anyway, I took owner ship of my 2002 WRX STIPPP for £6500 on Monday. It’s a very clean car that was lovingly owned but a true enthusiast sporting loads of stamps and oil changes every 5k. The drive day to day is amazing and Im seeing an average 27 mpg (M25 Uxbridge to Hatfield commutes mostly, loads of traffic).

Im getting used to the car after having owned a clio 172 sport for 3 years and various hot hatch etc over the past 18 years. My thoughts on the WRX is awesome.. other then the speakers, dear lord.

The pull in every gear is amazing but the for me its how easy the car is to drive, oh and the sound.
Old 29 September 2010, 11:48 AM
scoobywrxwagon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Talking Dog
Hi,

I’ve been looking here for advice for the past few months while I was in the process of hunting a WRX. Like many others the decision to go for a 2.5 or 2.0 weighed heavily on my mind as I was 9K budget.

In all I took 8 cars out and went over them very armed with the knowledge you guys had placed on here. Many thanks for that.

Anyway, I took owner ship of my 2002 WRX STIPPP for £6500 on Monday. It’s a very clean car that was lovingly owned but a true enthusiast sporting loads of stamps and oil changes every 5k. The drive day to day is amazing and Im seeing an average 27 mpg (M25 Uxbridge to Hatfield commutes mostly, loads of traffic).

Im getting used to the car after having owned a clio 172 sport for 3 years and various hot hatch etc over the past 18 years. My thoughts on the WRX is awesome.. other then the speakers, dear lord.

The pull in every gear is amazing but the for me its how easy the car is to drive, oh and the sound.
Sounds like youve got the bug, you`ll be modding before you know it lol

I bought my 2002 WRX Bug last December and have been nothing but suprised by its performance and useability (wagon) Its the family car a car for moving stuff about like my bike when going to the dales and a high performance car when you use the loud peddle, what more could a mann want ?? well another 80bhp would be nice lol !!

Rich
Old 29 September 2010, 11:52 AM
Camoscooby
Scooby Regular

Welcome to SN amigo, top marks for doing your homework
Old 29 September 2010, 03:53 PM
wrx287
Scooby Regular

Welcome along mate Keep a close eye on that bank account as with some of these guys around it will dissapear quite quick
Old 29 September 2010, 07:20 PM
stu turbo 98
Scooby Regular

welcome aboard mate,i wouldnt worry about the useless speakers when you have the harmonious sound of your own scooby orchestra!