Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Q's about a car I may buy. . . please!

Search this Thread

Old 22 September 2010, 10:17 AM
scotty_b
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q's about a car I may buy. . . please!

Ok I have seen a few nice cars for sale lately although as normal I never get my act in gear quick enough!! DOH!

Still im looking to get and STI either blob or bug but has to be WR blue (wife says so and also prefers blobs . . a compromise im willing to live with!).

I have seen this one on ebay which seem tidy with good mileage and a good price. I have contacted the seller so hopefully can arrange a viewing and deal etc.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Subaru-Impreza...#ht_1784wt_879

Still says FSH which is what im looking for although doesn't mention cambelt etc? Im new to impreza's although should this get replaced after a certain amount of time or purely on mileage? I will check with the seller but wanted your guys and gals thoughts?

Any other Q's or things I should check? Know they are temperamental with mods but will a DV and cat back be ok without a remap as again no mention of it and im a newbie?

Any words of wisdom greatly appreciated and if anyone is aware or any other cars around Northampton area feel free to shout!!

As with any car we all have a budget so have upto 8k although would prefer to spend a little less as also moved house recently that needs a few jobs doing but dont want to buy something I wont be happy with!

Thanking you

Scotty
Old 22 September 2010, 10:34 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

5 stamps on a 7 year old car is not fsh, then the "choice" mods, a baileys dv isnt one
I would check out www.pistonheads.com and see what else is available to you (and dont forget the forsale section )

Tony
Old 22 September 2010, 10:35 AM
scooby L
Scooby Regular

The power is probably closer to 264 (standard) than the quoted 280... A prodrive exhaust will not add 20bhp.
Also I'd remove the Bayleys dump valve... the standard re-circ is a better solution tbh.

Apart from that it looks a nice clean car.

I'm not sure on the cam belt, if subaru are like others (which I'm sure they are) the age will also determine the cam belt service..so ask..it may be due

Last edited by scooby L; 22 September 2010 at 10:36 AM.
Old 22 September 2010, 10:45 AM
scotty_b
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the quick replies. See just not sure on this one. Plenty more out there and in no rush. I have checked PH and here etc religiously just finding. . . THE ONE! lol

Seen this one also but alas its silver but I do like the look of it. . . hmmm would she really notice the difference? She is blonde? hmmm

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2003-SUBARU-IM...#ht_1083wt_879

Again will have check the service history but might be worth a looksy.

Scotty
Old 22 September 2010, 11:05 AM
scooby L
Scooby Regular

That 2nd car is a UK car, the 1st is a Malta import (otherwise known as a Euro parallel import)

The 2nd will have a tracker fitted as standard, whereas the 1st may not have (it was an option offered by some importers)
Old 22 September 2010, 11:28 AM
scotty_b
Scooby Regular

Mmm interesting. . veeeeeery interesting! Thank you for the heads up I never knew. Out of interest what makes it stick out like a sore thumb. . . as stupidly I just read the type UK bit. Best I do some more reading and searching!!

Still plenty about!

Thank you guys!
Old 22 September 2010, 11:31 AM
scooby L
Scooby Regular

All UK cars have "TYPE UK" in pink below the STI badge (on the boot)... the euro imports do not have this badge
Old 22 September 2010, 01:16 PM
benbrandwood
Scooby Regular

Though apparently some of the very eary bugs didn't have the badge (Mine is 51 plate and looks up on here http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=823167 has Type-UK)