ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

OBD FAULT TEST ****HELP****

Search this Thread

Old 04 August 2010, 09:42 PM
scoobywrxwagon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OBD FAULT TEST ****HELP****

Ive just done obd test with reader and its come up with "HO2S BANK 1 SEN 1" AND "HEATER CIRCUIT LOW"

Can anyone help with what that means and is it safe to drive ?

engine light came on after I went a lil quick with no fuel, engine light came on then fuel light. I thought it may have been due to low fuel but having filled up and checking code and restting it the engine light has come straight back on and same code in reader "as above"

Is it something to worry about or is it nothing and just a lil sensor of some kind ?
Need help big time......
Old 04 August 2010, 10:00 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobywrxwagon
Ive just done obd test with reader and its come up with "HO2S BANK 1 SEN 1" AND "HEATER CIRCUIT LOW"

Can anyone help with what that means and is it safe to drive ?

engine light came on after I went a lil quick with no fuel, engine light came on then fuel light. I thought it may have been due to low fuel but having filled up and checking code and restting it the engine light has come straight back on and same code in reader "as above"

Is it something to worry about or is it nothing and just a lil sensor of some kind ?
Need help big time......
if its in limp mode then it wont rev above 2.5k if its reving overthat its alright to drive regarding the bank maf clean all sensors and reconnect as i said before bugeyes have tempermental sensors are you running a full decat is your kan a panel filter as it been remapped
Old 04 August 2010, 10:08 PM
scoobyboy
Scooby Regular

bank 1 sensor 1 is the air/fuel ratio sensor in the exhaust, it's the one on the corner at the front, this one controls the fueling for the car and is the more expensive of the 2 exhaust sensors. it will rev over 2.5k but the fuel mixture is all over the place so it needs sorting asap
Old 04 August 2010, 10:11 PM
scoobywrxwagon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nick schofield
if its in limp mode then it wont rev above 2.5k if its reving overthat its alright to drive regarding the bank maf clean all sensors and reconnect as i said before bugeyes have tempermental sensors are you running a full decat is your kan a panel filter as it been remapped

Well its reving above 2.5k but not boosting until bout 4k. not misfiring idle is the same at 0.5k sitting sationary.

When you say clean the sensors which ones do u mean ? the lamba sensors ?
what does the reading mean that ive got from odb ?

this is madding my head big time
Old 04 August 2010, 10:15 PM
scoobywrxwagon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyboy
bank 1 sensor 1 is the air/fuel ratio sensor in the exhaust, it's the one on the corner at the front, this one controls the fueling for the car and is the more expensive of the 2 exhaust sensors. it will rev over 2.5k but the fuel mixture is all over the place so it needs sorting asap

Just to clarify its the 1st lamba sensor then ? Do you think if I removed it and cleaned it it would help ? is there anything that will have casued this or is it just wear and tear ? plus is it ok to drive ?

What about the "heater circuit low" issue ?

Thanks for the help new to this and feeling a lil lost.
Old 04 August 2010, 10:17 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

Well its reving above 2.5k but not boosting until bout 4k. not misfiring idle is the same at 0.5k sitting sationary.

When you say clean the sensors which ones do u mean ? the lamba sensors ?
what does the reading mean that ive got from odb ?

this is madding my head big time
the above post you wont be able to clean the sensor in the exhaust have you a full decat and a panel filter if so thats aproblem if its not been mapped
Old 04 August 2010, 10:29 PM
scoobywrxwagon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nick schofield
the above post you wont be able to clean the sensor in the exhaust have you a full decat and a panel filter if so thats aproblem if its not been mapped

Just cat back exhaust and panel filter, I bought it like that not sure if its been remapped but didnt think it needed to be unless it was decatted. you can buy the lamba sensors for the exhaust 1 near turbo ive been told and one further down near cat. SO if I remove it wont I be able to clean it with something ? wd40 or degreaser ?
Old 04 August 2010, 10:34 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

Just cat back exhaust and panel filter, I bought it like that not sure if its been remapped but didnt think it needed to be unless it was decatted. you can buy the lamba sensors for the exhaust 1 near turbo ive been told and one further down near cat. SO if I remove it wont I be able to clean it with something ? wd40 or degreaser ?
its worth a try as i said before ive had problems with sensors quick wipe over reset ecu and has been fine since but not always the case try it and see before you start spending money ditch the filter for oem part