ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   OBD FAULT TEST ****HELP**** (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/845132-obd-fault-test-help.html)

scoobywrxwagon 04 August 2010 09:42 PM

OBD FAULT TEST ****HELP****

Ive just done obd test with reader and its come up with "HO2S BANK 1 SEN 1" AND "HEATER CIRCUIT LOW"

Can anyone help with what that means and is it safe to drive ?

engine light came on after I went a lil quick with no fuel, engine light came on then fuel light. I thought it may have been due to low fuel but having filled up and checking code and restting it the engine light has come straight back on and same code in reader "as above"

Is it something to worry about or is it nothing and just a lil sensor of some kind ?
Need help big time...... http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/sr...es/ponder2.gif

nick172sport 04 August 2010 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by scoobywrxwagon (Post 9531467)
Ive just done obd test with reader and its come up with "HO2S BANK 1 SEN 1" AND "HEATER CIRCUIT LOW"

Can anyone help with what that means and is it safe to drive ?

engine light came on after I went a lil quick with no fuel, engine light came on then fuel light. I thought it may have been due to low fuel but having filled up and checking code and restting it the engine light has come straight back on and same code in reader "as above"

Is it something to worry about or is it nothing and just a lil sensor of some kind ?
Need help big time...... http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/sr...es/ponder2.gif

if its in limp mode then it wont rev above 2.5k if its reving overthat its alright to drive regarding the bank maf clean all sensors and reconnect as i said before bugeyes have tempermental sensors are you running a full decat is your kan a panel filter as it been remapped

scoobyboy 04 August 2010 10:08 PM

bank 1 sensor 1 is the air/fuel ratio sensor in the exhaust, it's the one on the corner at the front, this one controls the fueling for the car and is the more expensive of the 2 exhaust sensors. it will rev over 2.5k but the fuel mixture is all over the place so it needs sorting asap

scoobywrxwagon 04 August 2010 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by nick schofield (Post 9531516)
if its in limp mode then it wont rev above 2.5k if its reving overthat its alright to drive regarding the bank maf clean all sensors and reconnect as i said before bugeyes have tempermental sensors are you running a full decat is your kan a panel filter as it been remapped

Well its reving above 2.5k but not boosting until bout 4k. not misfiring idle is the same at 0.5k sitting sationary.

When you say clean the sensors which ones do u mean ? the lamba sensors ?
what does the reading mean that ive got from odb ?

this is madding my head big time

scoobywrxwagon 04 August 2010 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyboy (Post 9531543)
bank 1 sensor 1 is the air/fuel ratio sensor in the exhaust, it's the one on the corner at the front, this one controls the fueling for the car and is the more expensive of the 2 exhaust sensors. it will rev over 2.5k but the fuel mixture is all over the place so it needs sorting asap

Just to clarify its the 1st lamba sensor then ? Do you think if I removed it and cleaned it it would help ? is there anything that will have casued this or is it just wear and tear ? plus is it ok to drive ?

What about the "heater circuit low" issue ?

Thanks for the help new to this and feeling a lil lost.

nick172sport 04 August 2010 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by scoobywrxwagon (Post 9531558)
Well its reving above 2.5k but not boosting until bout 4k. not misfiring idle is the same at 0.5k sitting sationary.

When you say clean the sensors which ones do u mean ? the lamba sensors ?
what does the reading mean that ive got from odb ?

this is madding my head big time

the above post you wont be able to clean the sensor in the exhaust have you a full decat and a panel filter if so thats aproblem if its not been mapped

scoobywrxwagon 04 August 2010 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by nick schofield (Post 9531576)
the above post you wont be able to clean the sensor in the exhaust have you a full decat and a panel filter if so thats aproblem if its not been mapped

Just cat back exhaust and panel filter, I bought it like that not sure if its been remapped but didnt think it needed to be unless it was decatted. you can buy the lamba sensors for the exhaust 1 near turbo ive been told and one further down near cat. SO if I remove it wont I be able to clean it with something ? wd40 or degreaser ?

nick172sport 04 August 2010 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by scoobywrxwagon (Post 9531611)
Just cat back exhaust and panel filter, I bought it like that not sure if its been remapped but didnt think it needed to be unless it was decatted. you can buy the lamba sensors for the exhaust 1 near turbo ive been told and one further down near cat. SO if I remove it wont I be able to clean it with something ? wd40 or degreaser ?

its worth a try as i said before ive had problems with sensors quick wipe over reset ecu and has been fine since but not always the case try it and see before you start spending money ditch the filter for oem part