Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why are the Yanks making so much noise about Toyota?

Search this Thread

Old 04 February 2010, 02:00 PM
coolangatta
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Why are the Yanks making so much noise about Toyota?

Inferiority/insecurity

Even threatening legal action.
Old 04 February 2010, 02:09 PM
tom g
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2 adults 2 children killed in toyota with stuck throttle!
that might have something to do with it!!!
Old 04 February 2010, 03:14 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Same reason they made loads of noise about Concorde: because it was better than what THEY had, but they didn't invent it.

Trust them as far as you could chuck the lot of 'em.
Old 04 February 2010, 03:22 PM
Husaberk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tom g
2 adults 2 children killed in toyota with stuck throttle!
that might have something to do with it!!!
Saw that story on the telly, why didn't they just put the Lexus into neutral or turn the ignition key to position I to kill the engine instead of burning the brakes out and letting it get up to 125mph? What am I missing?
Old 04 February 2010, 03:23 PM
basssound
Scooby Regular

As said above, there's a voice recording from a 911 call in america.
BBC radio 2 are using it in thier news today and in todays discussion about toyota.
The recording puts a cold spike through you!!
Old 04 February 2010, 03:26 PM
mr_D
Scooby Regular

there is another thread on this posted today with the answers your looking for
Old 04 February 2010, 03:50 PM
MrNoisy
Supporting Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

That's fair enough, and those people deserve compensation, although quite how money will replace four human beings is beyond me, but yes Toyota should be punished for that.

However, the people who deserve nothing are the other group who claimed they were "scared" because they knew their car might be affected - ffs those people - you're alive, get over it.

If Americans didn't insist on driving automatics most of the time they'd have been able to put the clutch in / put it in manual / use engine braking. But that would entail knowing how to drive

If people like that think they deserve cash because they spend one moment in life being scared I suggest they spend it padding all the rooms in their house. If your laptop or mobile has a potentially dodgy battery you obey the recall and get a new one, thanking your lucky stars that it didn't blow up. You don't sue the company - unless you're a pikey...

All this ever increasing bullsh*t drives me nuts, and it's this sort of stuff that nuLabour seem intent on shoving down our throats. I've heard enough - they can all f**k off!
Old 04 February 2010, 04:29 PM
rookymatt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bugeye_Scoob
That's fair enough, and those people deserve compensation, although quite how money will replace four human beings is beyond me, but yes Toyota should be punished for that.

However, the people who deserve nothing are the other group who claimed they were "scared" because they knew their car might be affected - ffs those people - you're alive, get over it.

If Americans didn't insist on driving automatics most of the time they'd have been able to put the clutch in / put it in manual / use engine braking. But that would entail knowing how to drive

If people like that think they deserve cash because they spend one moment in life being scared I suggest they spend it padding all the rooms in their house. If your laptop or mobile has a potentially dodgy battery you obey the recall and get a new one, thanking your lucky stars that it didn't blow up. You don't sue the company - unless you're a pikey...

All this ever increasing bullsh*t drives me nuts, and it's this sort of stuff that nuLabour seem intent on shoving down our throats. I've heard enough - they can all f**k off!
+1 and you can knock any auto from D to N without needing to input anything else other than your hand. It just requires the ability to use your head. There was a discussion on the radio earlier and some random petrol head shut up a total scaremonger with the exact info everyone has just inputted. Sad for those who died, tw*ts to anyone else that thinks they need compensation for their "fear and stress"