newbie with a question...

Search this Thread

Old 30 January 2010, 12:35 PM
BLACK TURBO
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie with a question...

...or two
hello all great forum from what I have seen so far, just bought an 05 wrx wagon and i would like to know if this model should have the hill brake gizmo, my wife has it on her 53 sport saloon. also anyone know where I can get the midle tailgate spoiler from.
thanks, Michael
Old 31 January 2010, 09:13 AM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes it has the hill brake gizmo. Its the lever between the driver and pasenger seat at your left hand and has a button on the end. Often referred to as "the handbrake" by most Subaru owners
There are several aftermarket companies making the waist spoiler. Give Scooby World a ring and see if they do it or look at the adverts in Jap Performance or Banzai. Also keep an eye on the For Sale ads on here.
Old 31 January 2010, 10:09 AM
Marx Mcrae
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by harvey
Yes it has the hill brake gizmo. Its the lever between the driver and pasenger seat at your left hand and has a button on the end. Often referred to as "the handbrake" by most Subaru owners
There are several aftermarket companies making the waist spoiler. Give Scooby World a ring and see if they do it or look at the adverts in Jap Performance or Banzai. Also keep an eye on the For Sale ads on here.
PMSL cheers Harvey that put a smile on my face!
Old 31 January 2010, 06:31 PM
BLACK TURBO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by harvey
I supose I asked for that...cheers for the spoiler help..I lived in darlington till I moved to somerset how has the arctic winter been up there.
Old 31 January 2010, 08:30 PM
Pablofb7
Scooby Regular

Hi BT!

As we're both class of Jan 10, we should stick together. Just bought a 51 plate WRX wagon in silver totally stock for the moment.

What have you got?

Paul
Old 01 February 2010, 10:33 AM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have had a couple of spates of heavy snow and obviously the traffic slowed down to 4 mph. On the first weekend of heavy snow before Christmas we went to Edinburgh and the conditions required respect and there were lots of cars particularly in North Northumberland that had run off the road. As you would expect the snow was on the ground for five days before it occurred to Darlington Borough Council that it might be a good idea to clear some of the town centre pavements and side streets. The side streets were particularly treacherous as the top layer of snow melted during the day and froze over night. I cleared the full length of the pavement at the front of our property but there were only a handful of people followed suit. When I was a lad we took pride in clearing our footpaths to aid pedestrians.

If you struggle for a waist spoiler send me a PM and I will see if I can ID one for you. I have 3 Wagons here with power from 413 bhp, 422 bhp and just short of 600 bhp all 2 litres
Old 01 February 2010, 09:04 PM
BLACK TURBO
Scooby Regular

cheers harvey will keep that in mind.........sounds about right for DBC usually they wait till some little old lady has fallen.