what's my wrx worth??

Search this Thread

Old 26 May 2009, 04:52 PM
SCOOBYLADVA
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what's my wrx worth??

Hi Guys and Girls,

as per the title, below in the spec of my car and i would just like to know what she's worth as the time has come to move on but if its penuts then she will be stored away until better days are back.

thanks in adavance for your comments.

1995 subaru impreza wrx/sti/ra import proven 320bhp/300lbs‏

Here for sale is my beloved Subaru Impreza WRX 2.0 Turbo, owned for just over three years. Purchased as completly standard import WRX (260bhp) with 35000 miles.
Sports Saloon 4 Door, manual 5 Speed in deep Mica Blue Metallica with Charcoal 1/2 Suede Alcantara Sports Interior, PAS, ABS. Automatic Climate Control and Air Conditioning.
Electric Windows, Electric Mirrors, Electric Folding Mirrors, Central Locking, Rear Spoiler, Rear screen wiper, Nardi Steering wheel and Gearstick.
Work carried out since in my ownership :

Complete Engine Rebuild with Forged Internals done by API top boys in the business at 49k
API Modified Oil Pump
API Light Flywheel
Exedy Performance Clutch
Ported Headers
Painted Inlet
Baileys dump valve
7.5 x 18 Ultralites ES-941 Alloy Wheels (4 wheel laser alignment)
Haywood & Scott Complete Exhaust System (heat wraped downpipe)
Subaru STI Four Pot Front Brake Calipers
NGK PFR7B Spark Plugs
APEXI BOOST CONTROLLER
HYBRID FRONT MOUNTED INTERCOOLER
K&N 57I Induction Kit
WALBRO High Pressure Fuel Pump Kit
550cc Power Enterprise Injectors
New Coil Packs
APEXI POWER FC and HAND CONTROLLER - mapped with all mods by Paul at ZEN Performance

Audio/Security upgrades

Alpine W200RI double din in dash dvd/cd/mp3/nav/ipod
Diamond Hex 600s componets up front
Diamond M361I Rears
Clifford G5 Concept 650 Alarm
Remote engine start
Turbo timer

Above is the complete spec of my very well looked after Subaru which is only for sale due to purchasing my skyline and i cant justify keeping both. The engine was rebuilt due to a crack ring land so went the full hog for a reliable 300/300 daily driver but was very impressed after she was dyoned and made 320bhp at 6000 rpm and 300lbft at 5000rpm. No expense spared always warmed up and cooled down, engine oil changed every 3/4k with Miller CFS 10w40.
Old 26 May 2009, 07:24 PM
340BHP-WRX
Scooby Regular

Sounds like a nice car with a good spec mate but you'll regret asking on here how much it's worth

What kind of price did you have in mind ?
Old 27 May 2009, 12:50 AM
cossie-nutter
Scooby Regular

If you have the print our for the Bhp it will help the sale!
Old 27 May 2009, 09:15 AM
SCOOBYLADVA
Scooby Regular

cheers guys,

yes i do have dyno sheet showing bhp and torque.

not sure what to ask for her so i thought i would ask here 1st.
Old 27 May 2009, 09:19 AM
domino555
Scooby Regular

At the end of the day, most people wont care what you've spent on it. It will only come down to the year and model of your car.
Old 27 May 2009, 10:08 AM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

as above, most people will base the value on the age of the car. Seeing as no one else has given a figure I will be first. 3K if your lucky, but would expect mid 2k in reality
Old 27 May 2009, 12:36 PM
Sacredmatt
Scooby Newbie

This is one of those moments that ever car modification enthusiast dreads, selling up after spending all your cash on your (now) old car. You could throw thousands of £'s into your car and it is still only worth what a 15 year old Impreza is worth and there are only 2 possible outcomes:
1) Bite the bullet and watch all your money disappear as your car goes for nothing.
2) Keep it as you don't have the heart to see the cash drive away and continue to upgrade.
I would say jaytc2003 is almost spot on with his estimate, I would say £2.7k-£3.3K. We all have to see figures like this in the future when selling, it's sad but true.
Old 27 May 2009, 12:39 PM
SCOOBYLADVA
Scooby Regular

Thanks for your comments guys.

was hopping for around the 4k mark but like you guys say its all goes on the age. suppose she will be kept as my daily driver then.
Old 27 May 2009, 12:57 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

what might help residuals is when the full force of proposed road tax changes come in (if they do)

you will still be paying £200 odd quid per year to tax

and later (High C02) performance cars (post 2001) will be 500 odd quid a year to tax

(unless yours being an import is unfortunate to list ist C02 emissions)

Last edited by hodgy0_2; 27 May 2009 at 12:58 PM.
Old 27 May 2009, 01:15 PM
ScoobyNudge
Scooby Regular

To be honest mate I really would consider keeping it it will reach classic status quite soon and will only make money then!

look at a E30 M3 booking 10k now and over
and the 325I sport is comanding over 5k

Thing is mate do u really want to start over again after all you know your car inside out and well clued up on what it needs and when
If you change your car your taking a risk because you dont know what life its had it could cause more financial hardship than if you just stayed with what you got!

I have come from a E36 M3 3.0 last of its kind on a N plate worth now about 2.5k if lucky I spent 12k on it including buying it!

I had a shock when it came time to get rid of it I could have cried mate. In the end I swapped it for a 2.2 52 Plate Astra sri and swapped that for a T plate Turbo 2000.
the credit crunch wont last forever hold out a bit! They way things are its a great time to buy but crap time to sell same with houses!

Last edited by ScoobyNudge; 27 May 2009 at 01:23 PM.
Old 27 May 2009, 01:27 PM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NudgeJ
the credit crunch wont last forever hold out a bit! They way things are its a great time to buy but crap time to sell same with houses!

hear what your saying but car prices will continue to drop unless it becomes a collectable car, unfortunately there are too many available over here, and over in japan for that to happen, and it is just a wrx (albeit a nice example)
Old 27 May 2009, 03:22 PM
timmyajmy93wrx
Scooby Regular

sounds a real bargain mate, me & the mrs are after another, shame we getting married in July other wise id be contacting you! We really miss my old 93wrx & all the mods i had done to it & joys of turning the key to that great rumble from the vortex exhaust system!
We are saving & looking after we are wed, so if you still have it keep it posted on here!

but if was you - keep it, you WILL miss it! & as mentioned its alot of money to go wondering off......
Old 27 May 2009, 06:18 PM
340BHP-WRX
Scooby Regular

Don't listen to what some people on here try and tell you mate !

Your car's worth worth more than a standard wrx all day long to someone that wants one with your kind of spec. A forged engine will fetch £1500 second hand and the Apexi PowerFC £400-£500 so that's £2k straight away without adding up everything else !

It makes me laugh when people say that it doesn't matter what modifications have been done to the car and it's still only worth what any other '95 wrx is.

Put yourself in a potential buyers shoes,you could buy a totally standard wrx for £2.5k - £3k or you could buy one like yours for say £4k -£4.5k with all the right upgrades. I'd say that would be a fair price for what your car has.

On the other hand,if you are going to sell it for £2.5k like what has been suggested on here then give me a shout 'cos i'll buy it at that price just for spares for mine