Sponsored by:

impreza GT - worth of buying??

Search this Thread

Old 08 May 2009, 01:01 PM
jmzba
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default impreza GT - worth of buying??

hi! totally new here, great forum, as I can see the community is totally alive.

I'm am fascinated with Impreza GT. That's the first version (GC if I'm not mistaken), 2.0L turbo, 211 hp. to me everything about this car is COOL! I'm totally fond of sharp edges and rectangular headlights, practically I love 80's and 90's style sedans.

of course there aren't many that are selling here and in most cases their owners are some rich kids that do not know how to abuse a sports car properly. so half of those on sale are crappy (seen them, tried them ...).

I fix my own car, I'm good at handling with parts and repairs, I have some skills and wisdom to do almost everything there is to do on a car. I'm also more into performance and stuff so I'm wondering if the first gen scooby is capable of any tuning? are parts easily accessible? I'm more into proper old school tuning with camshafts, pistons, bigger turbo etc. is that doable on a pioneer scooby?

I'm planning to get one till next summer, because at the moment I'm waiting for prices to drop - at the moment sedans go for around 10k EUR, hatches cost 6k, but I'm only into sedans. Slovenia is not a market for GC scoobies.
I'm keeping my present car so I'll have two.

to rephrase myself - is the first gen scooby more of a "drive it as is" car and full of compromises or is it a thing that brings joy to a petrolhead? does it have any regular diseases I should be careful about when buying and owning it?

thank you very very much!
Old 08 May 2009, 01:11 PM
Coc-ker
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ensure it's been serviced regularly (oil evry 6 months is a must), tuning wise, the skys the limit. Just look about this site to see what can be done, not much work will bring a turbo classic up to 300/300.

I'm sure more people will be along to elaborate.

Oh and welcome!

Tim.