Sponsored by:

BBC "CAR WARS"

Search this Thread

Old 07 February 2001, 10:26 PM
Luke
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gang leader of car thieves get £500.00 and 250 hours C/S

The effort the Police went to to catch them .the cost to the tax payers.
The example this set to youngsters thinking about crime.

If I was the senior officer in that case (No I not a Police OfficerAnd I dont think he would have the bottle anyway. Could you imagine the support he would get from the "Media" . The "SUN" would start a campaign !!)I would have stood up and told the "JUDGE" what a "UKING YANKER"
he was .A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.

THIS WORLD HAS GONE TO ****E.

Luke
Old 07 February 2001, 10:48 PM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

Angry

Not the world M8 just this country.

Chop their bloody hands off!!! Far East get some things right.

Lee
Old 07 February 2001, 11:03 PM
Luke
BANNED

Still Sticking with "World"

Luke

Old 07 February 2001, 11:24 PM
Gussie Cup
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

After 6000 police man-hours over 18 months.....

"****E" is an understatement!

Old 08 February 2001, 07:28 AM
ed the dead
Scooby Regular

Talking

You gotta wonder how the police manage to remain positive about it when that's all the scum bags get!

Old 08 February 2001, 07:55 AM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Angry

Maybe that's why there seems to be an increasing trend towards knicking the average motorist for petty offences (in the scheme of things) like speeding because they know that this is easy work and the person in question will just accept it. I also heard that nicking people for speeding goes towards crime clear up rates which I should imagine helps makes the figures look better.

It is no wonder that the Police even bother anymore if the courts won't impose appropriate penalties, trouble is, there's not much they can do about it as it is the Government is pressurising them to "improve" on road safety by nicking speeders!!

Matt.
Old 08 February 2001, 08:48 AM
Darren Thompson
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

There have been some threads on the boys in blue over the last couple of days, some good some bad. Well I watched last nights programme and all I can say is well done for catching them, proving it, getting the scum to court and.......... getting a Judge or Magistrate or what ever who let them go with a sentence fit for a parking fine if you are a motorist. All that work for some ***** in a wig to do that, no wonder the police hammer the motorist it's the only way they can get a conviction.

Darren.
Old 08 February 2001, 09:12 AM
AWD
Scooby Regular

Angry

In fact if you are caught in a stolen car doing over 100mph I'm sure you end up paying less than if you are caught in your own car doing over 100mph.

The fines/sentences that these w@nkers get are a bunch of @rse.
Old 08 February 2001, 09:36 AM
banshi
Scooby Regular

Too right Darren, but did you notice the whole of that team constituted six. Which included one civilian and two trainees.

When I was pulled speeding, they had three cars, a transit, two bikes and christ knows how many officers deployed to a radar trap. They were montoring on a dual carrigeway with no housing just open fields.

That type of decision is made by senior officers, not the guys on patrol, the same group that allocate three detectives to serious car crime!

Still they've put a Gatso there now so there's more resources to devote to miss spaced registration plates.

Any ideas on how we can get Stuart promoted
Old 08 February 2001, 10:07 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Angry

I must say it galls me when gits like this get off basically scot free.

I could not be an officer as I'd be well gutted to see that all the hard work I'd put in was basically pissed on by judge and jury.

I'm guilty as hell about moanind about the police and going for the 'easy touch' motorists, but we complain all the louder when they are not there when we need them the most, eg; when the house gets done over and they nick the car.

At least this programme shows that they do work for us and do a good job at that, Just a pity that the judicial system ***** up the work they do.

Totally agree that the little gits should have their hands cut off, and 'car thief' tattooed on their heads!

I'd get a higher sentance for doing 100 on a motorway, and no doubt the judge would give me a right old talking to, whereas the scumbag probablly just gets slapped wrists.

sorry, rant mode off!
Old 08 February 2001, 02:47 PM
BarryK
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Mr Frank,

Looks like we weren't the only ones!

I was so angry about this. No wonder the police chuck it in and try for early retirement etc.

Article in the Sun today about 2 toerags from Wakefield, Yorks. who were singly handedly responsible for a wave of car thefts, approx 12 per day, mostly to order. This, to feed their drugs habit.

Result when caught? After being found guilty of 669 (six hundred and sixty nine) offences between them, one got 2 years the other 28 months.

Police detective quoted "These men are two of the most prolific criminals I have ever come across since they have been in custody vehicle crime in the area has fallen quite dramatically".

Two years for one and twenty eight months for the other!!!!

What'll happen when they get out in about 9 months?
Old 08 February 2001, 05:41 PM
KRIS
Scooby Regular

Talking

I saw the programme too and agree with the pathetic sentence BUT one thing did tickle me and it was this ......

Just how far did the guy have to travel to be shown the HEADLIGHT from his transit van ??? .... er `ello mate we `ave got your van back if you wanna come and have a butchers............ well no...er.....actually ....... JUST the Headlight !!!!!!!
How I fell about the place laughing

Was this funny or is it my warped sense of humour ?

K
Old 08 February 2001, 08:07 PM
MattN
Scooby Regular

""First of all, I'm not your mate""

""Sorry Officer""

Classic, couldn't stop laughing.

Of course the nickname for the car "T5" erm.... is that cos' the scum can't tell the difference between a T5 and an Omega?
Old 09 February 2001, 07:08 PM
KRIS
Scooby Regular

Yeah probably...... but it did have a periscope !!!! Does it go underwater aswell ???

lol

K
Old 09 February 2001, 09:21 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

I must admit, i did find the attitude of the two Police Officers in the T5 a bit saddening

They were chewing gum like some US Sheriff from the days of cowboys and indians, treat young kids with complacency (but didn't actually benefit the situation), and the driver was using a hand radio whilst driving. And they wonder why the local community doesn't support them!!

I am glad that those two are not on my patch.

Dixon of Dock Green might not be the most efficient method _financially_, but maybe in the long run it would encourage better community spirit and thus a general reduction in crime.

mb