Sponsored by:

FFS hit and run :@

Search this Thread

Old 20 February 2009, 07:21 PM
Beardy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FFS hit and run :@

LoL just driving home from gym, and some idiot comes on my side of road hits side of my car + takes my wing mirrior off. Then he bloody drives of!

Now ive got a massive dent in side wing and door. + Wing mirrior is ****ed,

Called police and said hardly anything they can do.... All i can do is go to the station within next 48 hours with my documents.

Hope there is cctv outside the shop :@

Grr lol
Old 20 February 2009, 07:26 PM
stealthy55
Scooby Regular

if you have a newage ive got mirrors to sell
Old 20 February 2009, 07:30 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

And you never gave chase I'd of followed them till they ran out of fuel and phoned the old bill on route.
Unlucky fella!
Old 20 February 2009, 07:59 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What makes these people tick, I wish they would all curl up and die. Some @rse caught my front bumper vent a couple of weeks ago in a car park and just drove off.

Another respray job added to the list
Old 20 February 2009, 09:25 PM
stuart2008sti
Scooby Regular

the people in this country are only getting worse. feel sorry for you.
Ps like the way the police want your documents, if you cannot catch the real criminals try somebody else.
Old 20 February 2009, 09:34 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Had the same in my Scoob, **** tried overtaking me, bollard coming up and side swiped me. Then just drove off.......

I chased him down though and had to virtually ram him off the road to get him to stop, called the police after a scuffle in the middle of the road, they turned up threatened to arrest me for assault, then did a check of the guys car, showed no insurance, what did they do, gave him a producer.

Guess what no insurance. False address, I will never know how he managed to get away with that.
Old 20 February 2009, 10:37 PM
Beardy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by b13bat
And you never gave chase I'd of followed them till they ran out of fuel and phoned the old bill on route.
Unlucky fella!

I did try, i pulled over and looked in my mirrior to find he just drove of. By time i had turned round was to late.

Oh yea and police said i have 2 ask the shop near by to check the CCTV my self? They also said because i never got a VRM i had almost no chance and if i claim i lose my ncb for somthing that was not my fault. Oh but they can give me a incident report number! lol

What do we pay the police to do?
Old 20 February 2009, 10:43 PM
super_ted
Scooby Regular

f@@k all last time i checked!
Old 20 February 2009, 10:44 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Beardy
To ensure that Krispy Kreme don't go out of business, and to persecute motorists who drive nice cars
Old 21 February 2009, 09:00 AM
typerchris
Scooby Regular

Nightmare, I was driving through town the other day and some guy was trying to get out of a tight space and reversed bang into the car behind him. He got out looked at the damage on the vehicle got back in his car and drove off. Cheeky git so i took his reg and popped a note on the cars screen that was hit. Hopefully something will be done.

Police do nothing at all these days unless the catch you from behind the bushes doing 60.5mph in a 60
Old 21 February 2009, 12:31 PM
Beardy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by typerchris
Nightmare, I was driving through town the other day and some guy was trying to get out of a tight space and reversed bang into the car behind him. He got out looked at the damage on the vehicle got back in his car and drove off. Cheeky git so i took his reg and popped a note on the cars screen that was hit. Hopefully something will be done.

Police do nothing at all these days unless the catch you from behind the bushes doing 60.5mph in a 60

you got that right, Easy tickets with hardly any paperwork.
Old 21 February 2009, 02:55 PM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!

Happened to me, and i even gave them the number plate of the ****ty metro that rear ended me, and they did **** ALL!

How can they do nothing when i gave them the plate?

Tw@s!
Old 21 February 2009, 03:04 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

*******s , id be well pissed
Old 21 February 2009, 03:19 PM
Underworld
Scooby Regular

lazy f**kin ba******s
2 weeks ago my colleague at work had a problem with a drunkard and they took 30 mins to come - knowing that the guy drove there and WILL be driving back. he couldnt even stand...by that time, the drunk guy drove off

on tuesday, some1 robbed a betting shop next door to my work place. took them only 8-10 mins, and they were there. stood there for a good 2 hours (what for)?? they think the fcukin robber will come back???

those w&nkers like to be where there no use of them..
and one stopped me on the motorway - because my interior light was on - and supposedly I COULDNT SEE IN FRONT.. how can HE know that I cant see in front???
oh yeah, he didnt catch the ones doing 80+. but he got me, who was cruising at 60mph on the 1st lane...
Old 21 February 2009, 03:21 PM
marmski
Scooby Regular

Feel for you mate. It feels like the world is going down the pan and none of our elected powers have a clue what to do about it.

Its a decline in social respect, and is the core of every problem our world is suffering from.

Watching Interceptors last night their was a few prime examples:
1. Tramp stuck his fingers up at the Police, they laugh because they know him. Now my issue isnt with how they dealt with it, but televising such a moment is irresponsible.
2. Guy running from Police in his Audi, gets flashed doing 115MPH through a camera (in a 30) and admits on tape that he did it for a laugh. Only got 12mnth ban, if i ran the place that would be permenant ban from driving. If caught then ship him the criminal island which i would buy somewhere around the artic circle where the radiation is nice and high and the temps nice and low.

Rant over.

(Summary of the above is that it annoys me too!!)
Old 21 February 2009, 03:27 PM
davidrhyswoods
Scooby Newbie

I did try, i pulled over and looked in my mirrior to find he just drove of. By time i had turned round was to late.

Oh yea and police said i have 2 ask the shop near by to check the CCTV my self? They also said because i never got a VRM i had almost no chance and if i claim i lose my ncb for somthing that was not my fault. Oh but they can give me a incident report number! lol

I'm really sorry to hear about your misfortune. All too often motorists and people in general do not care about others and we now live in a society where people think 'what can I get away with'.

With regards to your response from the Police. The Police have a duty to record all fail to stop collisions and to investigate them. A set of collision forms should be completed and the collision is often allocated to an officer to deal with. In your case I think the desk bobby is not completing the paperwork because he or she knows that the likelihood of finding this a**hole is zero.

Without a registration mark or partial registration mark it is impossible to begin to find a vehicle. The shops CCTV may indeed be working, however without finding a relevant registration mark, again your avenues of investigation close down somewhat.

It should not be up to you to ask for CCTV. In fact you will not be allowed to view the CCTV as there are data protection issues. The Police circumvent this as the CCTV is there partially to detect and preevent crime.

Often bobbys are so loaded with rediculous levels of paperwork where the most minor of playground scuffles and neighbour disputes need to be investigated to the national standard and FLOPSY model, that they often try to lighten the load when they know that the outcome will be negative for the agrieved party.

I think you realise that the chance of anyone, including the Police of catching this a**hole is almost zero. I understand your frustration and you should return to the Police station and formally report the matter as a damage only fail to stop collision. If they try to fob you off, make sure you have a copy of that Police forces policy on collision attendance and or investigation to hand with you. If you still don't get any satisfaction ask to speak with a supervisor and if that fails ask to make a formal complaint.

I'm sorry to say that the chance of you finding this guy is almost zero. However you will need a collision reference number when you speak to your insurance number.

Please don't think the cops are lazy sods. There is a mountain of red tape and procedures that often make the job very difficult and time consuming, often without reward or recognition.

Hope this helps.

D
Old 21 February 2009, 03:36 PM
Underworld
Scooby Regular

IF they have a cctv, DONT get a copy yourself and give it to the police as this is invalid and useless... police need a statement and have to seal the copy in a bag with proof. (thats what they normally do round my place)..
hope this helps and good luck with everything..

scratch their ar%e with their fcukin walkie talkies
Old 21 February 2009, 03:50 PM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!

Originally Posted by davidrhyswoods
I'm really sorry to hear about your misfortune. All too often motorists and people in general do not care about others and we now live in a society where people think 'what can I get away with'.

With regards to your response from the Police. The Police have a duty to record all fail to stop collisions and to investigate them. A set of collision forms should be completed and the collision is often allocated to an officer to deal with. In your case I think the desk bobby is not completing the paperwork because he or she knows that the likelihood of finding this a**hole is zero.

Without a registration mark or partial registration mark it is impossible to begin to find a vehicle. The shops CCTV may indeed be working, however without finding a relevant registration mark, again your avenues of investigation close down somewhat.

It should not be up to you to ask for CCTV. In fact you will not be allowed to view the CCTV as there are data protection issues. The Police circumvent this as the CCTV is there partially to detect and preevent crime.

Often bobbys are so loaded with rediculous levels of paperwork where the most minor of playground scuffles and neighbour disputes need to be investigated to the national standard and FLOPSY model, that they often try to lighten the load when they know that the outcome will be negative for the agrieved party.

I think you realise that the chance of anyone, including the Police of catching this a**hole is almost zero. I understand your frustration and you should return to the Police station and formally report the matter as a damage only fail to stop collision. If they try to fob you off, make sure you have a copy of that Police forces policy on collision attendance and or investigation to hand with you. If you still don't get any satisfaction ask to speak with a supervisor and if that fails ask to make a formal complaint.

I'm sorry to say that the chance of you finding this guy is almost zero. However you will need a collision reference number when you speak to your insurance number.

Please don't think the cops are lazy sods. There is a mountain of red tape and procedures that often make the job very difficult and time consuming, often without reward or recognition.

Hope this helps.

D
Work in a stations PR division do we, explain me giving the registation number and stll **** all happened?
Old 22 February 2009, 12:13 PM
davidrhyswoods
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by GC8WRX
Work in a stations PR division do we, explain me giving the registation number and stll **** all happened?
As you are aware there are often good and bad people in almost all rolls including builders, doctors, bin men, MP's, etc etc. The Police force is representative of the public at large and you do get really good and really poor Police officers. Altough I can't comment on individual cases I must say that if the registration number you gave the Police is correct then an investigation should have been undertaken. Often where the Police force fall down is in communication with the public. Both when dealing with offenders and agrieved parties.

This is why I tried to offer advice to return to the station knowing what that force policy was on collisions. If you have that knowledge the chance of you getting fobbed off at the front desk is very low.
To answer your question.... No I don't work in the PR dept!

I have had both good and poor dealings with Police officers and Police support staff. Even when you have good dealings you must realise that the Police cannot magic up the result you want. Often people do get away with things, offenders aren't traced or caught and as an agrieved party your expectations should be realistic. Equally the Police should listen and if appropriate take a report. If there is evidence to follow in the course of the investigation it should be followed until that avenue closes. (FLOPSY model)!

Hope this answers your question and helps a little.

(Oh and by the way I can hear the anger in your statement with the 'do we' at the end of your first phrase. There is no need. I understand your frustrations and am trying to offer sensible and level headed advice. If you upset the cops they will feel little symapthy for your cause as it is human nature to do more for people you sympathise with!)

D

Last edited by davidrhyswoods; 22 February 2009 at 02:28 PM.
Old 22 February 2009, 07:57 PM
scousefly
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down Im

Sorry but I think the 'do we' comment is put there because your answer was slightly condesending. The general consent of the police is they do not a lot with the criminals and yet they go out of their way to catch those drivers who go about their business and their only crime is a loud exhaust.
If you quote proaganda expect negative comments and take your own advice and just roll with it
The whole country is corrupt but sometimes the only way to cope is to vent on your local internet community, we dont need to be told how to suck eggs.
Old 22 February 2009, 09:44 PM
davidrhyswoods
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by scousefly
Sorry but I think the 'do we' comment is put there because your answer was slightly condesending. The general consent of the police is they do not a lot with the criminals and yet they go out of their way to catch those drivers who go about their business and their only crime is a loud exhaust.
If you quote proaganda expect negative comments and take your own advice and just roll with it
The whole country is corrupt but sometimes the only way to cope is to vent on your local internet community, we dont need to be told how to suck eggs.
There are always two sides to every story. I'm always appalled at general sweeping statements such as 'all coppers do is....' and 'the country is corrupt.' Every institution or group of people includling those who like fast Impreza's are made up of a community of individuals each of whom have different ideas and ideals. Without having been in the shoes of any person employed by the Goverment or Police it is impossible to make any accurate evaluation of how and why things are done in the way they are.

If you don't like living in this 'corrupt' country may I suggest emigrating to a bastion of democracy such as Zimbabwe.

In the UK it is all too easy to slag off all and sundry. We forget we are all fortunate and comparatively wealthy individuals with few worries compared to the majority of the rest of the World!

This has now gone off topic and I don't wish to get into a slanging match with anyone.

My advice to anyone who has been involved in a fail to stop collision is to go to the Police and report it. Without accurate figures how are the Home office and thus our 'corrupt' government to know how much money to fund the Police with?

Last edited by davidrhyswoods; 22 February 2009 at 09:49 PM.
Old 23 February 2009, 12:49 AM
scousefly
Scooby Regular

Default I think

you will find that the reason people moan about the police and the goverment including what the original poster actually said is that in his case and many other individuals they get money from us in the way of council tax and when it comes to using them they seem to do nothing.That was the original argument/comment.
If going to another country was an option then I gladly would although your recommendation isnt one I would like to go to and my reason for not actually doing it is I have family commitments that dont allow me to do just that.
Like I said condesending answers which is how I take yours deserve a response.