Sponsored by:

Lets talk security !

Search this Thread

Old 31 December 2008, 05:02 PM
asu
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lets talk security !

Okay guys, how bad is crime in England when it comes to car theft and vandalism ? Im concerned about this because I drive a USDM STi and I think it will kind of stick out over their . I currently have Lojack which im not sure you guys run over there, you probably having something similiar . Should I be looking to get a alarm or not ?

Plus I want to install a laser jammer as well due to all the speed traps in England, I already have my radar detector built in into the car so what frequencies do the police use over there ?

Last edited by asu; 31 December 2008 at 05:06 PM.
Old 31 December 2008, 05:09 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Depends where you're going to live. Some areas are notorious, worst than others. Most places are fine. Nothing you can do about mindless vandalism if your car is parked outside. That's just pot luck.

You won't get insurance without an immobiliser and alarm of some sorts, so yea.
Old 31 December 2008, 05:11 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Tell me you packed your Trunk Monkey with you!!
Old 31 December 2008, 05:12 PM
asu
Scooby Regular

Dont worry, I have insurance throught the USAA they cover all over the world, best part you dont have to report any mods to US insurance companies, because they dont care ! Woot woot
Old 31 December 2008, 05:14 PM
asu
Scooby Regular

Sorry they said no Trunk Monkey or Pistols so im sh** out of luck mate ! But I do have a 2 year old 220lb Old English Mastiff that looks mean as hell, but most likely just would want to be petted by the perps .
Old 31 December 2008, 05:16 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

USDM? Japanese cars only have one domestic market, their home market. USDM is a contradiction; its either a domestic market model or a US market model. Should it **** me off as much as it does?
Old 31 December 2008, 05:16 PM
zs_phil
Scooby Regular

its not that bad to be honest depends on where you are just like the states probably no doubt when you come over you will be in an airbase anyways (housed).
wonder is lojack is the same as blackjax here

laser jammers are illegal here now i nearly bought a car with one already on from a dealers but got told they had to deactivate it .

most insurance companies over here want tracker on it unless you go through keith micheals on here (moleywrx on here )
Old 31 December 2008, 05:20 PM
richie001
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by zs_phil

laser jammers are illegal here now i nearly bought a car with one already on from a dealers but got told they had to deactivate it .
parking sensors aren't

Last edited by richie001; 31 December 2008 at 05:30 PM.
Old 31 December 2008, 05:21 PM
asu
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8
USDM? Japanese cars only have one domestic market, their home market. USDM is a contradiction; its either a domestic market model or a US market model. Should it **** me off as much as it does?
Thats what Subaru of America call it here, they got to or it cant be imported into the us . Pretty soon all the Imprezzas that are sold in the US will be built in the US due to impending 5,000 dollar tax on all vehicles that are not at least 50% of American part content or finally assembly point US .
Old 31 December 2008, 05:25 PM
asu
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by zs_phil
its not that bad to be honest depends on where you are just like the states probably no doubt when you come over you will be in an airbase anyways (housed).
wonder is lojack is the same as blackjax here

most insurance companies over here want tracker on it unless you go through keith micheals on here (moleywrx on here )
They have some pretty awesome setups that are totally hidden and if you do get pulled over you press a button and its off . I was told by the Army that the Inspection of the our vehicles is pretty laxed like you have working headlights, windshield wipers, turn signals etc etc no emmisions or anything like that at all . Remember the plates are not registered through the UK but through NATO, all you got to do is register the car at the local magistrate that its here in the UK .
Old 31 December 2008, 05:36 PM
zs_phil
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by richie001
parking sensors aren't
true but i cannot find these special parking sensors anymore

Old 31 December 2008, 06:20 PM
amego
Scooby Regular

dosent matter what alarm you have you will allways sneek a look ou of the window
Old 31 December 2008, 06:27 PM
Boro
Scooby Regular

Where abouts in England are you going to be?
Old 31 December 2008, 07:07 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

The threat posed by laser guns vs cost of a device that may, in its operation, interfere, with laser guns vs risk of prosecution = not really worth bothering with IMO. To be honest, I think you'll be surprised at how relaxed police are in the UK with regards to speed - far more than the utterly anally retentive (and slightly "special") law enforcement I experienced whilst in several states of the US anyhow!

All newer UK cars have immobilisers, most have alarms, and all UK STI's come with GSM Tracking devices built in (they did anyhow.. I'm guessing it hasn't changed).
Old 31 December 2008, 08:52 PM
asu
Scooby Regular

Im not worried about the Police themselves but the cameras most of all, sneaky little *******s they are . What do you mean Speacial law enforcement do you mean Highway patrol ?
Old 31 December 2008, 08:58 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

actually I meant "special" in the "Timmmmmmmmy" way.. you know, retarded.

Just the impression I came away with thats all.. like they were the kids who didn't do very well at school and were using law enforcement as a way of getting back at everyone more intelligent than them. The British cops who are arsey on the other hand are the types of personalities who would have been dictators if only they'd been born with charisma..
Old 03 January 2009, 08:57 AM
asu
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Prasius
actually I meant "special" in the "Timmmmmmmmy" way.. you know, retarded.

Just the impression I came away with thats all.. like they were the kids who didn't do very well at school and were using law enforcement as a way of getting back at everyone more intelligent than them. The British cops who are arsey on the other hand are the types of personalities who would have been dictators if only they'd been born with charisma..

Hes only visited the US and he knows about the cops, beat up in High School getting back at the rest of society one ticket at a time .
Old 03 January 2009, 09:03 AM
Spooky Mulder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by asu
Thats what Subaru of America call it here, they got to or it cant be imported into the us . Pretty soon all the Imprezzas that are sold in the US will be built in the US due to impending 5,000 dollar tax on all vehicles that are not at least 50% of American part content or finally assembly point US .
That's a relief - it means that GC8 can be ever so slightly less pissed off than normal