Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Apple, so much for their security.

Search this Thread

Old 25 September 2015, 01:13 PM
The Joshua Tree
Scooby Regular

Received 154 Likes on 105 Posts
Default Apple, so much for their security.

http://news.sky.com/story/1557612/ap...-first-thought
Old 25 September 2015, 01:31 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

are you chinese ?

if not then nothing to worry about
Old 25 September 2015, 01:56 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

They deleted the apps before you could try to stir up ****. Well done. Apple have also made a version of Xcode available for the Chinese to download from an in country network.

Good work Apple.
Old 25 September 2015, 03:28 PM
The Joshua Tree
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SwissTony
are you chinese ?

if not then nothing to worry about
It's not about what country it's in, it's about how easy it was for someone to bypass Apple's security and infect so many apps in their app store.

Last edited by The Joshua Tree; 25 September 2015 at 03:29 PM.
Old 25 September 2015, 03:38 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by The Joshua Tree
It's not about what country it's in, it's about how easy it was for someone to bypass Apple's security and infect so many apps in their app store.
How easy was it clever clogs? I'm going to go with not very easy at all. What you need to consider is we're all under attack and everyone has ****** in their armour, it's how it's dealt with that counts. Now, go fix the Google Store.
Old 25 September 2015, 03:46 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

What is it about non Apple users that gets them so upset about Apple?

I don't like using HTC/Sony/Samsung phones with Android or windows OS but don't feel the need to harp on about how crap I think they are all the time.

Here's the typical sort of quotes from the comments section of that article..

So glad I don't have any Apple products.............they are way overpriced anyway so serve them right!
I would too see the smug looks wiped off the Apple lovers face when they realize that Apple's can get hacked and viruses! Losers!
Seriously, what the actual fu&k is wrong with these people?! So pathetic but hilarious to read how someone can get worked up over a different product to one they use. Smacks of jealousy! They most likely can't afford the apple devices and then convince themselves they are rubbish.

Can't imagine a story about Microsoft or android getting viruses being big news.. "Read all about it, windows gets viruses". Oh, they get millions every day lol
Old 25 September 2015, 03:54 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

It is nuts. Luckily I find it somewhat amusing. I've met a few in person, they were easier to walk away from than the ones here.
Old 25 September 2015, 04:14 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Probably the endless drivel/self promotion on here
Old 25 September 2015, 04:16 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by dpb
Probably the endless drivel/self promotion on here
That you choose to read, get offended by and then start posting nonsense.
Old 25 September 2015, 05:10 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@ Jameswrx

The comments from the article you quoted.....

So glad I don't have any Apple products.............they are way overpriced anyway so serve them right!
I would too see the smug looks wiped off the Apple lovers face when they realize that Apple's can get hacked and viruses! Losers!
The posters of such are jealous losers. They're like that Cassandra lookalike who advocates keying swanky cars.
Old 25 September 2015, 05:22 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

They should be more concerned with this

https://www.veracode.co.uk/blog/2015...ers-dilemma-sw
Old 25 September 2015, 06:06 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Jack, never mind adults, even adolescents cry like babies when their parents end up getting them an android or Windows device as a punishment after they've busted their iPhone/iPad. Everyone knows that other than the super efficient Apple is substandard so far , but they carry such a complex within them that even a modern tech device is a threat to them. Crazy!

I have to say that autocorrect on Apple devices p4sses me off, but even then.

Last edited by Turbohot; 25 September 2015 at 06:10 PM.
Old 26 September 2015, 09:30 PM
Galifrey
Scooby Regular

Christ this childish "my device is better than your device" has been going on since the commodore 64 and the ZX spectrum, time to get over it and move on.

Buy what works for you and stop ****ing bleating on about it.
Old 26 September 2015, 10:04 PM
riiidaa
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Galifrey
Christ this childish "my device is better than your device" has been going on since the commodore 64 and the ZX spectrum, time to get over it and move on.

Amen
Old 26 September 2015, 11:22 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Are you talking about the people who bought something or the people who don't like what someone else bought, the people who moan about people liking or not liking something - like yourself - or maybe all of the above?
Old 27 September 2015, 09:03 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jameswrx
What is it about non Apple users that gets them so upset about Apple?
Probably the the same thing that makes Apple users so blindly defensive.
Old 27 September 2015, 10:02 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
Probably the the same thing that makes Apple users so blindly defensive.
You're only defensive when you're being attacked and just saying Apple will get you attacked on this forum. That's just **** behaviour.
Old 27 September 2015, 10:08 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JackClark
You're only defensive when you're being attacked and just saying Apple will get you attacked on this forum. That's just **** behaviour.

You're not Apple though that's the odd thing. If someone slated Windows I wouldn't feel a need to defend it, even though in my experience it is much better than the many versions of MAC OS I've been forced to use.

It's a viscous circle, some people hate Apple no matter what they do and other will praise them for everything and they can do no wrong. The two camps just make the other worse.

Honestly, I will buy Apple if I like it, or I will buy Windows, Android etc as it suits my needs, but I do get the urge to insult when someone is so far up Apples **** they can taste the pips.
Old 27 September 2015, 11:34 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

It's human nature to defend your choices. I chose to use Apple products because I like quality tools and when someone tells me I'm wrong I'll tell them why I'm not and honestly don't think that's outrageous.

I just wish some of the usual crew of Apple haters would do a bit more research, threads like this are a fine example. I'll post problems with Android and Windows occasionally, I also post issues with OSX and iOS, but it's generally because they're real issues not failing to read a web page.
Old 27 September 2015, 02:30 PM
Galifrey
Scooby Regular

Are you talking about the people who bought something or the people who don't like what someone else bought, the people who moan about people liking or not liking something - like yourself - or maybe all of the above?
I have defended my product against some pathetic childish knocks you have made, however, you and you continual battering of Apple is the best, is just you seeking buyer vindication.

Like I said, people buy things for different reasons, and they buy the product that suits them, just get over it and end this ridiculous promotion of Apple (and the Android boys can do the same) every time they do something new.

If people didn't endlessly try to say they have the best, then there would be no attacks.

Be happy with your choice and stop throwing it in peoples faces, you make Jehovah s witnesses look moderate.

I have owned an iphone and I hated it, don't like the interface, don't like the duplo look, but my aging parents love it, as does my brother, I don't endlessly tell them it's **** and try to convert them, I would get on their nerves, pretty much like you achieve here.

Last edited by Galifrey; 27 September 2015 at 02:32 PM.
Old 27 September 2015, 05:38 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

It's human nature to defend your choices. I chose to use Apple products because I like quality tools and when someone tells me I'm wrong I'll tell them why I'm not and honestly don't think that's outrageous.

I just wish some of the usual crew of Apple haters would do a bit more research, threads like this are a fine example. I'll post problems with Android and Windows occasionally, I also post issues with OSX and iOS, but it's generally because they're real issues not failing to read a web page.

Read back through your posts, it's not simply defending them, it's defense of everything at all costs and it's a common fanboy trait.

Old 27 September 2015, 06:28 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

I have defended my product against some pathetic childish knocks you have made, however, you and you continual battering of Apple is the best, is just you seeking buyer vindication.

Like I said, people buy things for different reasons, and they buy the product that suits them, just get over it and end this ridiculous promotion of Apple (and the Android boys can do the same) every time they do something new.

If people didn't endlessly try to say they have the best, then there would be no attacks.

Be happy with your choice and stop throwing it in peoples faces, you make Jehovah s witnesses look moderate.

I have owned an iphone and I hated it, don't like the interface, don't like the duplo look, but my aging parents love it, as does my brother, I don't endlessly tell them it's **** and try to convert them, I would get on their nerves, pretty much like you achieve here.
This type of post is awesome, you're the only one who cares about best.

I have the best for me which happens to be the best for a lot of people for a long time. Not that much changes, so when a step change like 3D Touch appears people who are likely to be owners enjoy discussion... on a discussion forum, in a section about computers. Then the ***** jump in, professional bonfire pissers.
Old 27 September 2015, 06:31 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
Read back through your posts, it's not simply defending them, it's defense of everything at all costs and it's a common fanboy trait.

That's your job, you and your mates keep quoting me but offer no reference. It's your twisted opinion. I think you're an angry man looking for a release, so you try to troll and fail.
Old 27 September 2015, 09:58 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

That's your job, you and your mates keep quoting me but offer no reference. It's your twisted opinion. I think you're an angry man looking for a release, so you try to troll and fail.
Blind faith
Old 27 September 2015, 11:10 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

To be honest i use to be in the apple hating camp, think it was because everyone had them and it just seemed to be sheep following the crowd. Plus you couldnt do simple things like blue toothing to your mates phones. To many restrictions.

But then i found out how iphones can block app's from accessing your data and was sold, now love my iphone. So much control, i do miss swipe though.
Old 27 September 2015, 11:21 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

You can get swype on iOS if that's the keyboard thing.
Old 28 September 2015, 09:03 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Professional bonfire pissers v professional i anything salesmen !
Old 28 September 2015, 09:24 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by dpb
Professional bonfire pissers v professional i anything salesmen !
One's a profession one's being a ****. You're a ****.
Old 28 September 2015, 10:57 AM
The Joshua Tree
Scooby Regular

Jack just a quick one, what do you get an hour as an apple bot ?

You must have earnt a few quid this week doing your Apple PR as it's not been a good few weeks for them.
Old 28 September 2015, 02:43 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

I'm the bot? You arrived here with a click bait title and a **** link after being a member for a month.

Quick Reply: Apple, so much for their security.