Sponsored by:

Name & Shame

Search this Thread

Old 09 February 2002, 09:27 AM
mark.coleman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

OK, I appreciate people get pissed off for one reason or another, but reading the posts of people who have been placed in an unfortunate position, thus threatening to Name and Shame in my opinion is not on.

If you went into a shop and paid for an item and it then took a while to receive, or if it never turned up at all, you would probably go to highest person available to get it rectified, cases on here, Simon I presume.

If you Name & Shame, especially on a site like this, they only have to changed their name, thus most people will be none the wiser it they are dealing with this person in the future.

Over the past week there have been a number of posts threatening this, or requesting advise on what they should do. There are also going to be the odd few who just fuel the situation based on the post, who really don't give a ****.

Gone have the days of natural trust, it can be an unfortunate gamble but it's your decision, but at the same time I think Moderators should take a stance and clarify a clear procedure if someone has been ripped off and nothing to show for it, but in their defence I'm sure they have enough things to to without these types of posts appearing, playing judge and jury

The next thing that will happen is people blaming each other for product advise that went wrong.

Rip into this as wish.

Mark
Old 09 February 2002, 09:48 AM
Luke
BANNED

Wink

Shame on you..

The chances are you will have address and e-mail /telephone numbers Of the person who has ripped you of etc.

I think we have the right to know. But only after consulting Simon.

to just post, would be out of order.
Old 09 February 2002, 10:11 AM
Blow Dog
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Inter-Bulletin Board purchases have absolutely nothing to do with neither Simon or the moderators. If you have factual evidence pointing to either negligence or misconduct, then you are totally in your right to bleet about your bad experiences.

Moderators have no more sound judgement that you and me, they're only human. Unless they have all passed recognised qualifications in law and psychology then they also have to err on the safe side of caution.

Cem