car is immobilised, cannot be moved or started!!..HELP

Search this Thread

Old 05 June 2008, 09:53 AM
munna
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy car is immobilised, cannot be moved or started!!..HELP

hi

last night, my car decided that the best way she could amuse herself, was by not letting me in, once i got in, i would insert the key, and nothing, no dash lights turning on(CEL etc), noticed that the blue LED for the alarm was flashing, and the red LED for the immobiliser was also flashing!!...

so now she is in a car park, sat..doing nothing!!..left a note, yet the smarmy bastad traffice dude still gave me a ticket..

car alarm is a FALCON Predator evo 4 alarm, it came with the car..called the help line, and they reckeon its the battery, even though i kept on insisting that

a: its a new battery,
B: the immobilisers job is to stop any power going to the engine, hence no ldash lights coming on

i am really flumoxed as to what to do..the local company that used to deal in falcon alarms has gone bust..!!
Old 05 June 2008, 10:14 AM
DevilHimSelf
Scooby Regular

Is there any chance that the car is parked close to a police station?

or a mobile phone tower?

If so move it as far away from the area its in now and the try again. Some areas which have both seem to confuse the alarm, and basicly stop you from starting the car. if this is not the case, then i would get it towed to a subaru garage, or call the alarm support line and tell them there is a bill for being towed from the area you are in, on the way to them!

Hope you get it sorted!
Old 05 June 2008, 10:18 AM
munna
Scooby Regular

no

none of the above!!...its just so weird, i went, juiced up, came back, and then tried to get back in, and then..bam..nothing!!

will a subaru garage be able to sort it?considering that its a non standard alarm/immobiliser combo?

thanks for the info dude
Old 05 June 2008, 10:51 AM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there an override switch/button you can use?

i doubt the subaru garage could help but may be worth giving them a go if all else fails
Old 05 June 2008, 11:04 AM
munna
Scooby Regular

Red face

override as such...

turn on engine, open door manually, alarm will go off, then turn ignition to on/off position 6 times!!...

i think there in lies the flaw with this ****ty alarm system!!..if the imobiliser stops the dash lights turning on, then the averride feature will not work!!, stupid people on the helpdesk, i have had the battery tested, and all is well, its definatly a fault with the alarm, as the car will remote start!!..but as such, as soon as i press the brake pedal, it stops!!...got a auto leccy coming out later on, to disconnect the whole bloody thing!!..then its in tommorrow to get a toad put in...!!

bloody gimmicky alarms...!!ha ha ha
Old 05 June 2008, 05:59 PM
MMT WRX
Scooby Regular

I’m not familiar with this alarm/immobiliser but on the Toad fitted to my WRX I still get all the dash lights when it’s immobilised. So have you checked the batter? Try your hazards, I'm sure they should work in any circumstance other than a flat battery.

Manual: click here

Last edited by MMT WRX; 05 June 2008 at 06:04 PM.
Old 06 June 2008, 08:45 AM
WR1 Ant
Scooby Regular

Check the car battery has at least 12.5 volts in it, then check the engine to battery earth.
Old 06 June 2008, 11:34 AM
munna
Scooby Regular

Cool

hi

thanks for the replies guys, got an auto electrician out, check this out

the car had 3 little black boxes (immobilisers!)one for the fuel pump, one for the ignition and one for the anti hijack, press the break in a hijack situation and the car stops!, a tree trunk worth of wires!, so the case was, flat bed her back to the workshop and find out the root cause, total cost would have been about 30 pounds plus VAT, and about 4 to 5 hours worth of labour, end outcome would have been

"sorry sir but one of the immobilisers is fecked!" you are going to need a new one!!

so i opted for a new toad system for 320 notes plus VAT including fitting!!

bloody complicated alarms!!
Old 06 June 2008, 02:08 PM
rbaz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by munna
hi

so i opted for a new toad system for 320 notes plus VAT including fitting!!

bloody complicated alarms!!

That was going to be my suggestion get the old one ripped out if it’s a crap alarm and install a new one I doubt they would charge you much or any extra to take the old one out.

Glad your sorted
Old 06 June 2008, 02:13 PM
ash002004
Scooby Regular

mines clifford and has a system like that, no electrics come on until i press my overide button certain number of times, then turn key so many times, and its on. its ok just long though, least u know some thief cant easily nick it! respect tho for just shelling out for a new one lol

Ash
Old 06 June 2008, 03:10 PM
munna
Scooby Regular

Cool

thanks for the comments guys, its not really a crap system, its quite good...just the hassle that i had with the ******..hence my words..so sorry to all of those who may have/were thinking of getting a falcon predator evo 4+ alarm..

quite amazing bit of wiring, how on earth (no pun intended!) these electrical folk know which wire to cut, join and so on...the mind boggles

one and a half hours to rip out, i wonder how long it would have taken a car theif to rip out?

cheers chaps