ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Watchdog- come on lads

Search this Thread

Old 08 January 2001, 09:20 PM
sickboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

We must have enough ammo to get watchdog interested surely?

How about for starters:
*Dodgy clutches
*cracking brake discs
*Iffy DBM paint
*P1 upgrade brake problems
*different treatment for Euro imports (thought I'd sneak that under the wire :P )

Maybe not so much the problems themselves, but how IM keep blowing people off with tall tales/excuses etc.

Thoughts please - constructive if possible.

Old 08 January 2001, 11:23 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Seems silly not to! It should get somebody interogated by Anne Robinson!!
Old 09 January 2001, 12:05 AM
harj
Scooby Regular

Cool

Sounds like your a take fot this then Sick Boy LOL
Old 09 January 2001, 12:07 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Fast Bloke - You's on the money could not have put it better meself!

Sickboy - Sacasm is the lowest form of wit, you might want to try to get people on your side rather than alienate them.

I am bailing on this topic looks like it has nowhere constructive to go.

Sure i won't be missed!

Paul
Old 09 January 2001, 12:16 AM
sickboy
Scooby Regular

Ironically, fast bloke I can't be f**ked to read your post

I don't want to hear from people who are happy with their cars.

Case closed. Thread hijacked by morons who can't stay on topic.

I wasn't asking for points of view (except from those with a genuine problem).

Surely it's not too much to ask...

This is not me being arsey- I just get fed up repeating myself. Typing is very tedious when it's the same thing over and over.

Right I'm biting my tongue now.

Byeee. The Anne Robinson gags are good too. Really topical. Sarcasm is indeed the lowest form of whit. However it serves to provoke the like of you. (snore)

Old 09 January 2001, 12:23 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Sickboy.
If you could be f**ked to read the post I think you will find that it may contain some useful advice for you if you want to get your car sorted. If you just want to moan about it and do nothing constructive, then go ahead, but it appears that you have already tried this and surprisingly it doesn't seem to be working.
Old 09 January 2001, 12:23 AM
harj
Scooby Regular

Sorry can't be bothered to read that last post lol

Calm down mate, its only a thread. Im one of the ones that would like to be involved and help anyway I can. I am well up for sorting this dealer out who screws people over every day!

Anyway Paul Hagbood is a little let down as he doesn't turn up to meeting people when he's supposed to

Harj...
Old 09 January 2001, 12:33 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

p.s sickboy, sarcasm is said to be the lowest form of 'whit' (sic) but the highest form of intelligence. I find this to be untrue. I've just read a sarcastic reply from someone who has misspelled a three letter word.......

[This message has been edited by fast bloke (edited 09 January 2001).]
Old 09 January 2001, 12:34 AM
BarryK
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Hey anyone who doesn't agree with me is a moron too.

But then I forgot you're not interested what anyone has to say unless it is someone who wants to join your whingeathon. Number of representative people "hardly relevant", oh yeah right. Thank you Mr Blair.

Do you remember the "leave them on the docks" posting some time ago? Then I guess that bloke had the same opinion as in that he didn't want his hard typed thread replied to by people who disagreed with his gormless racism.

Now how unfair is that? Boo Hoo.
Old 09 January 2001, 12:42 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Wink

Barry,
I think I have to disagree completely with what you say and call you names now. Isn't that the way this thread works.
Old 09 January 2001, 12:44 AM
BarryK
Scooby Regular

Angry

Get lost, speeder!

[This message has been edited by BarryK (edited 09 January 2001).]
Old 09 January 2001, 12:56 AM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Wink

Anybody that DOES agree with anything I say is DEFINITELY a moron.....
Old 09 January 2001, 07:58 AM
Darren Thompson
Scooby Regular

JD Power survey says they are the best in the land so let see what they have to say to Watchdog then.
Old 09 January 2001, 08:00 AM
Neil Micklethwaite
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

That would be good , alienate Scoobynet from IM , Dealers and Prodrive in one go, NOT.

I'll stick to liasing with my dealer to get my problems sorted ( it's worked before )

As for imports, I've said it before and I'll say it again, 'You Pays your money , you makes your choice'.

[This message has been edited by Neil Micklethwaite (edited 09 January 2001).]
Old 09 January 2001, 08:02 AM
GaryC
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by sickboy:
<B>We must have enough ammo to get watchdog interested surely?

How about for starters:
*Dodgy clutches
*cracking brake discs
*Iffy DBM paint
*P1 upgrade brake problems
*different treatment for Euro imports (thought I'd sneak that under the wire :P )

Maybe not so much the problems themselves, but how IM keep blowing people off with tall tales/excuses etc.

Thoughts please - constructive if possible.

[/quote]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Andy Tang:
<B>Seems silly not to! It should get somebody interogated by Anne Robinson!![/quote]

....and risk decreasing desirability thus further screwing resale values even further??

I have had no 'off-the-road' problems in 18months/40000 miles and any minor niggles my dealer has bent over backwards to resolve perhaps better just to research who and where you buy your cars from a bit better

[This message has been edited by GaryC (edited 09 January 2001).]
Old 09 January 2001, 08:51 AM
sickboy
Scooby Regular

Neil well done. I'm sure that Scoobynet play a big part in the decisions of IM, Prodrive and the dealers. After all they probably consulted you when they revamped the new model eh? Some dealers pay attention, but you can count them on one hand.

Guess we'll leave you and Gary out then- but don't come crying when your toy breaks

Oh and BTW I've only had minor niggles- but I'd rather this topic didn't get hijacked by the "we bought our cars in the UK" brigade.

So anyone else got any problems that have happened to their cars, which they feel have not been resolved to their satisfaction?
Old 09 January 2001, 09:21 AM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Angry

Oh yes indeedee, my UK car has suffered catastrophic failure of the interior light bulb. I'll send a stiff letter to the times and a 'why oh why' letter to Ann.

Oh and the fuel guage light has come on again

Thank you but I'd like to keep what little residuals there are left. I don't have a problem with my imprezas or dealers service.

F
Old 09 January 2001, 09:29 AM
sickboy
Scooby Regular

yeah, as I said only people with real problems. I would make the font bigger but it's plain text I'm afraid.

And both my number plate bulbs blew if thats any consolation.

You keep up the good work now.
Old 09 January 2001, 09:36 AM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Neil Micklethwaite:
<B>That would be good , alienate Scoobynet from IM , Dealers and Prodrive in one go, NOT.

I'll stick to liasing with my dealer to get my problems sorted ( it's worked before )

[/quote]

The last thing I would want to do is alienate IM, dealers or Prodrive. If the cars are really that poor then something should be done.

I've owned 2 UK cars, and the few problems I've had are either my own doing or known issues with the dealers!

[RANT ON]

I would also say go to the dealer first, but it seems that some people just like to come to here to bitch about their problems before talking to the dealer. If the dealer is less than understanding, change dealers! There are many good dealers out there, than seem to be overshadowed by the few poor ones.

All I'm saying is that if you have tried your dealer, other dealers, IM, etc, then something should be done.

It seems that most people like to complain, but don't actually do anything about it, or going through the correct channels.

If you are worried that your re-sale values may take a knock due to publicity on a national TV programme, then either live with the problems or go through the correct channels!

I guess my first comment was a bit off hand, but I guess I'm sick of people say, my car won't do this, and it won't do that, and yet they don't bother talking to the dealer about it!!

I was getting annoyed with the wind noise in my car, but rather than bring it here, and start wining that nothing was being done about it, I went to a dealer, who told me this was a warranty job, and would get the parts in for a service in March. That's fine with me, and I can live with it until then!

Amazing how the internet allows people to moan, and have people think it's the truth!

Maybe it's just due to lack of sleep, but that's the way I feel about it this morning! I don't mean to tar you all with the same brush, and this is no way intented for most of the people on the board, or this post! Just a few petty people!

[RANT OFF]

Sorry if I offend, but these are my feelings on the matter

Andy
Old 09 January 2001, 09:43 AM
Neil Micklethwaite
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Sickboy

I know Prodrive and some dealers ( not sure about IM ) use this BBS and suggesting this course of action would only ( IMO ) alienate them from us.

I was only offering a differing opinion to yours, if you post anything then please expect that.

If my 'Toy' Breaks then I have every confidence in my Dealer to rectify it, which was one of the reasons I bought A UK supplied model - my money my choice.
Old 09 January 2001, 09:46 AM
sickboy
Scooby Regular

Andy,
so do you think that most people don;t bother going to a dealer then? What do you reckon they do. Expect the dealer to be telepathic.

The WHOLE point of this thread is for people to register their dissatifaction about poor dealer help/IM help.

For ***** sake, is their something about BBS's which turn people's brains to mush.

RTFT.

I don't want this thread hijacked by whingers who are worried about losing a few more quid than they've already have (in the main due to greedy dealers/exchange rate/state of the car market etc). that is not the point of this thread.

Somehow a few posting here aren't going to cause your car to depreciate.
Old 09 January 2001, 09:51 AM
sickboy
Scooby Regular

sorry Neil, the toy breaking bit may have come across as glib.

I intended it to be a joke! Sometimes humour and factual info seem to get lost on BBS's....

[This message has been edited by sickboy (edited 09 January 2001).]
Old 09 January 2001, 10:03 AM
Neil Micklethwaite
Scooby Regular

Wink

Sickboy

The smiley gave it away

It was the suggestion that I had anything to do with the design of the new model that got me

I have a P1 with the Brake kit and suffering from the problems discussed previously ( and mentioned in your original post).

However my dealer ( Listers ) and Prodrive are in the process of rectifying this.

The course of corrective action they are suggesting is more than adequate for me.

Old 09 January 2001, 10:16 AM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Red face

Sickboy,

I'm not saying that people don't go to the dealers, just that they may expect too much too soon!!

OK you go in with a Prodrive brake problem, I assume the dealer (if a small one) would then have to contact IM/Prodrive regarding the issue. So rather than get you car on the ramps to change the pads from DS3000 to DS2000, they actually check the course of action.

I somethings think that people are impatient. I agree that £20k is a lot of money, so you would expect them to fix it straight away. Then their train of thought may be £20k is a lot money, lets do it right!

If there is an issue with the clutch, I'm sure it will be changed.

Although I do understand (although not agree with) why IM do 'drag their heels' with an EU import car. I'm not saying it's right, just that I understand.

I own a UK car, I have paid my money and taken my choice!

If I had experience what some (and only some) of you guys had. I'd be livid. If IM/Prodrive/Dealer/whoever had repeatly failed to get my car running correctly within a resonable time then yes I would be writing to Watchdog.

I am not in that boat, so no I won't be writing, but yes I do agree that some of you have put up with a lot!

Ranting again, so I'll stop.
Andy
Old 09 January 2001, 10:20 AM
BarryK
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Number of Imprezas on road. In excess of twenty five thousand somebody said?

Number of people active on here. 500 tops.

Number with genuine unsatisfied complaints. A handful?

Watchdog would laugh their socks off, or had better get the lawyers ready.

The MY00 I was sold is a right lemon. I have had to change a N/S side lamp bulb, and my dealer just laughed!
Old 09 January 2001, 10:44 AM
sickboy
Scooby Regular

very good Barry. The bulb one again. ROFLMAO.

Think I've seen it before a few times tho'.

Think there are 2000 odd SIDC members. Not really the point is it.

An engine can fail just a rapidly as a bulb.
Old 09 January 2001, 11:12 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Sickboy,
I think this has been mentioned before, but maybe you should consider the JD Power survey for the last three million or something years. If IM and dealers are as crap as you say, surely enough people would have noticed this and would not have given their Scoobs the ratings they need to be best or second best cars for a number of years running. Remember, this survey is based on what hundreds or thousands of owners say about the cars, not what some journo thinks after a 20 minute test drive. I suspect the problem here is that you saw the survey, thought "hey Scoobs are infallable, I think I'll have one," only to find out that they can break just like any other toy. Maybe you don't have the best dealer on the planet, or maybe you don't have the interpersonal skills to get what you want from any dealer - I'm not in a position to comment on either, but I do know that the two dealers I have dealt with for minor niggles and servicing for the past two years have provided a service which I haven't found from many other car dealers. One of the mechanics noticed that the front discs where warped during a routine service. They called me, told me about this, told me that it probably wouldn't be noticeable for a while but would eventually cause me problems and gave me the option of having them replaced there and then or booking the car in for a later date. If you would consider this "heel dragging" then please let me have the details of the dealers you are benchmarking against. I would reaaly love to meet them and find out how dealers should really treat their clients.
Maybe you could post a list of the problems you have been having and what course of action you have taken to have them resolved. Hopefully someone who has had a simialr problem can suggest a course of action they have used to get it sorted
Old 09 January 2001, 11:13 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

After 35K of 'spirited driving' i can say that i have had no major problems - I had my front disks warp at 17K - these were replaced under warranty, within two days of me calling the dealership.
I have found my local dealership to be courteous and attentive and i have no complaints with them or IH - So Far!

Whilst i thoroughly agree with making a noise and complaining when things are wrong i do not want to get into a 'them and us' situation with Subaru UK or my dealership. that would seem pointless and not very constructive for anyone.

Funny, most people only seem to post when they have problems not necessarily when they get good service - Human nature an all that.

I suppose that this is a lot to do with how good your dealership is if i was getting cr@p service then maybe i would feel differently. I would find myself another dealership/garage to go to however - I never settle for bad customer service, never have and never will!

Oh and Sickboy, you might want to try a less patronising approach - My car is not a 'toy' - I do 30+K buisness miles per year, Two of the reasons i bought it was for the bumper to bumper warranty and reliability. I have had less problems with my Impreza that my last two cars!

Oh and 'brains to mush' - do not judge everyone else by your own standards.

Vote with your feet mate! if the BBS is not your liking then go elsewhere or start another Scooby BBS.

[This message has been edited by Paul Habgood (edited 09 January 2001).]
Old 09 January 2001, 11:17 AM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

Red face

I've been shafted enough by my dealership...

Anne Robinson would have a field day with my list of complaints.

Hmmm, decisions, decisions...
Old 09 January 2001, 11:19 AM
sickboy
Scooby Regular

thanks for your thoughts guys.

Really though, all the info is in the rest of the topic.

Er now why would a garage volunteer to do warranty work (it knows it will get paid for?) I really can't think. (clue: they are getting paid for work that otherwise you wouldn't have done/possibly need doing).

Quick Reply: Watchdog- come on lads