Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Name and shaming, Whats the procedure?

Search this Thread

Old 06 May 2008, 08:50 AM
scoobynewbie72
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Name and shaming, Whats the procedure?

Hi guys after a little advice,Ive bought a few things thru SN and normally things run smooth but recently ive had a few problems with a few members and wondered where I stand on naming and shaming them,
Im not after being banned for doing it the wrong way but its frustrating when your being ignored,
Ive tried to pm them over and over but they just dont answer, they have clearly been on the site as it says so in there profile.

any advice appreciated

Brett
Old 06 May 2008, 09:10 AM
urdad
Scooby Regular

I'm pretty new on here,I do use other forums and I have no hesitation of publicaly naming and shaming dodgers.
It can work really well,I have incidents where I've bought stuff and not received it so I publicaly asked the seller(s) where it is which means they have to answer publicaly (if they pm you add it to your post),it works wonders and the stuff soon arrives.
It's hard trying to convince other members who to believe if they only have one side of the story and the other party hasn't had the oppourtunity to defend themselves.
Don't be abusive as you will end up with an infraction and people will instantly have you down as the toooooooooooool,tell it as it is.
Good luck.....waiting
Old 06 May 2008, 12:02 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Post up your side of the story. Simple!

If it's a well known/liked person/company then everyone will slate you for it and say it's your fault.

Seriously though, post up what happened.
Old 06 May 2008, 12:09 PM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

If they wont answer pm, email, telephone you have no other choice than to post it here.
I would however try every means possible to get in touch before doing so as it opens a big can of worms.
Old 06 May 2008, 12:16 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by +Doc+
If they wont answer pm, email, telephone you have no other choice than to post it here.
I would however try every means possible to get in touch before doing so as it opens a big can of worms.
^^^ What he said! If that doen't work RTM and the mods will put the account under investigation^^^

Then you can post your side of the story, but stick to the facts and no name calling (unless you want the thread vaped)

Very disapointing when this kind of thing happens, sorry to hear of your troubles!

Ns04
Old 06 May 2008, 12:43 PM
martwrxsl
Scooby Regular

Why would you be banned for doing it the wrong way. I'm confused? I have bought a few things from people on s/n and they were first rate, no problems. A much better service than you get from shops on the net.

Personally, I would always give the other person a week at least to reply. Then, if you hear nothing at all, I'd post on here and tell everybody. It's a shame because 99% of the people are honest.

Good luck.
Old 06 May 2008, 01:25 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

post an honest acount of whats happened and include the person involved then you give them a fair opertunity to repsond, only if you go barking off fing and blinding without cause will you get into trouble
Old 06 May 2008, 01:49 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

To be fair, we all love a drama so just post up whats happened, we will all provide our 2p and waste a good couple of hours arguing over something that has bugger all to do with any of us.

SNET Police Hunger Team Aqua in the Shell 3rd Phase will win the day

Last edited by EddScott; 06 May 2008 at 01:51 PM.