I Need Help Buying My Impreza!

Search this Thread

Old 04 April 2008, 12:42 PM
Davide
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Need Help Buying My Impreza!

Hey all,
im new here and i thought id sign up to get some advice beforew i buy my impreza. Im looking to buy a 1.6 no higher. Is it possible to get a 3 door scooby because all i can find is a 5 door. Are 1.6 any good and do they drink alot of petrol?
Old 04 April 2008, 12:43 PM
JimmyBFC
Scooby Regular

I thought, but probably wrong...that the only 3 or 2 door Impreza's were the P1 and Type-R???
Old 04 April 2008, 01:56 PM
abbott
Scooby Regular

nope you do get a 3 door i believe its a 1.5 ... i wouldnt imagine it drinking too much juice but i wouldnt expect it to go much either as imprezas arent exactly super light ..
Old 04 April 2008, 02:04 PM
Graz
Scooby Regular

What a strange request

If the reason for wanting a 1.6 is because you can't insure a Turbo then buy a different car. Plenty of good 1.6l engined cars out there, Fords, Vauxhalls, etc., 1.6l Scoobs are pretty bad having driven dealership courtesy cars on occasion. When you're in a position to afford the insurance the get a Turbo/WRX/Sti.
Old 04 April 2008, 02:37 PM
Davide
Scooby Newbie

i didnt know you can get a 1.5 what yr is it and is there a special name for it? The reason why i want a Impreza so much is cos there my dream car, but i dnt want to spend a fortune on petrol to run it. so thats why i want a lower size engine.
Old 04 April 2008, 03:40 PM
BLACK V5
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by Davide
i didnt know you can get a 1.5 what yr is it and is there a special name for it? The reason why i want a Impreza so much is cos there my dream car, but i dnt want to spend a fortune on petrol to run it. so thats why i want a lower size engine.
They are only jap imports and are very rare. Had a 1.5 four door as a loan car once. Never seen a 2 door in the flesh. But remember seeing one on ebay a while ago.
Old 04 April 2008, 03:50 PM
Graz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Davide
Seriously dream car or not you'll find a Impreza with a "lower size engine" sadly disappointing. If you're worried about fuel consumption get a runabout car and a turbo'd scooby for the weekends
Old 04 April 2008, 04:12 PM
Daft Lad
Scooby Regular

Same boat I was in about 3 years ago when I was buying my first car mate. I had a 1.6 LX (FWD) saloon and it lasted me a couple of years. I loved it to bits despite being a bit tatty, running costs weren't bad and it didn't need a diet of purest V Power to run properly like its replacement

If it is a N/A Impreza you are after pop over and ask away on .:ImprezaSport.net:. too mate, or pop a pm over to me and I'll try and help

James
Old 04 April 2008, 08:28 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

do a search on here there was one in another thread about a month ago cant remember which one it was but someone posted a link to it was an add with one of the importers i think sorry i cant be more helpfull but one of the regulars might remember
Old 04 April 2008, 11:26 PM
Davide
Scooby Newbie

thanks 4 ur help guys. I think im likely to buy a 1.6, would this be a 94 or 98 model? I would like a car that does not have too much mileage but what kind of mileage should i look for in this type of car.