Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone got a Afterburner Vortex on their 06 or 07 STI?

Search this Thread

Old 21 September 2007, 03:55 PM
drtchock
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone got a Afterburner Vortex on their 06 or 07 STI?

ive been told you need the 'Straight Exit' instead of the 'Angled Exit' on the 06 & 07 because of the rear defuser? is this the case?.. im lookin at the one with the 4.5 tailpipe on..

http://www.scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog...products_id=76

anyone else got this system?
Old 21 September 2007, 04:02 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Straight exit or you risk melting the diffuser. You can modify the rear diffuser but I couldn't be bothered so sold on my Jap exit H&S 4.5" and kept the STI Box.
Old 21 September 2007, 09:03 PM
scooby jay
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 53WRX
Straight exit or you risk melting the diffuser. You can modify the rear diffuser but I couldn't be bothered so sold on my Jap exit H&S 4.5" and kept the STI Box.
As 53 wrx has said you need a straight exit i have just fitted mine to a 07 sti fits great sounds even better although i havent run in my engine yet it can only get better
Old 21 September 2007, 09:46 PM
magicgreg
Scooby Regular

https://www.scoobynet.com/members-ga...-wash-wax.html

Have a look at my thread above mate.

Just had an Afterburner Vortex straight exit and Afterburner silenced centre section fitted to MY07 STi, it sounds brutal, looks sweet and the build quality is second to none.

From MY06 onwards is straight exit only as it fouls on the rear diffuser and melts it!!

Straight exit is the way to go though in my opinion, looks like it was supposed to be there all along.

Hope this helps.

G
Old 21 September 2007, 10:58 PM
scooby jay
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by magicgreg
https://www.scoobynet.com/members-ga...-wash-wax.html

Have a look at my thread above mate.

Just had an Afterburner Vortex straight exit and Afterburner silenced centre section fitted to MY07 STi, it sounds brutal, looks sweet and the build quality is second to none.

From MY06 onwards is straight exit only as it fouls on the rear diffuser and melts it!!

Straight exit is the way to go though in my opinion, looks like it was supposed to be there all along.

Hope this helps.

G
magicgreg what was the fitment like of the centre section any fitting problems im thinking of sorting one out got the afterburner back box just want to release a bit more burble
Old 22 September 2007, 10:14 AM
powerman1
Scooby Regular

I have the original NINJA back box only on my 06STi and it sounds fantastic when you get into the power band but is comfortable on normal driving
Old 22 September 2007, 08:17 PM
magicgreg
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby jay
magicgreg what was the fitment like of the centre section any fitting problems im thinking of sorting one out got the afterburner back box just want to release a bit more burble
Fitment was absolutely spot on mate, straight fit and no worries getting it sorted, justed bolted on and away you go.

I heard the backbox by itself and then with the addition of the centre section and it does make quite a bit of difference in noise and releases slightly more power.

I went for the silenced centre section and it made the exhaust sound quite a bit louder so the straight through system is going to be very very loud. I have heard a few times that the straight through Afterburner system is just behind the likes of the Blitz Nur Spec R in terms of volume.

G
Old 22 September 2007, 08:35 PM
drtchock
Scooby Regular

manage to get a sound clip yet mate?
Old 22 September 2007, 08:38 PM
magicgreg
Scooby Regular

Unfortunately not, I got called in work today to cover the Boro vs Sunderland game so I got home pretty late on.

I finish tomorrow at 4pm though so will get one then.

G
Old 22 September 2007, 11:20 PM
scooby jay
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by magicgreg
Fitment was absolutely spot on mate, straight fit and no worries getting it sorted, justed bolted on and away you go.

I heard the backbox by itself and then with the addition of the centre section and it does make quite a bit of difference in noise and releases slightly more power.

I went for the silenced centre section and it made the exhaust sound quite a bit louder so the straight through system is going to be very very loud. I have heard a few times that the straight through Afterburner system is just behind the likes of the Blitz Nur Spec R in terms of volume.

G
Thanks for the reply matey i will order one next week it seems a worthwhile mod just want to release a bit more noise