Sponsored by:

had a little play with......

Search this Thread

Old 20 September 2007, 08:17 PM
mac12
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default had a little play with......

before anyone slates me max speed was around 75/80mph it was a dual carriage way, with speed cameras every 1/2mile, so you can only have little blips before another speed camera anyway.

the 1st car was a bmw 530 on a x reg blue not sure of the model sport i think.
the 2nd was an 07 audi with 2 exhausts with 2.0t wrote on the back.

with both cars in 2 days on the same road i was behind them and i knew as soon as they seen me in there rear view mirror they would try and shoot off.i had to back off in seond gear or i would of hit them up the rear end and change to 3rd with still some left in second gear and then had to back of in 3rd again or i would of hit them up the rear end.

i know they was both trying as you coulld see the little puff of smoke coming out the exhaust where they was killing it in 2nd and 3rd,and as soon as the road became clear of speed cameras the audi and bmw went flat out(stupid speeds)and this is when i didnt even try and teach him another lesson i just left him too it.
not sure what bhp or anything or even what model the audi and the bmw where but i was very impressed with my little uk classic
Old 21 September 2007, 07:39 AM
Norman Dog
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by mac12

before anyone slates me...

The Audi's about 200BHP in standard form, pretty fast when rolling, same engine as the new Golf GTi, Don't know about the BM but those old 5 series are pretty heavy...

I would have smoked the two of them
Old 21 September 2007, 09:37 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Little puffs of smoke on an 07 plate Audi to me would indicate only one thing, a diesel. Cant see why a brand new audi would be smoking just by hitting the limiter.
Old 21 September 2007, 11:41 AM
mrsteve
Scooby Regular

I have an audi 2.0t running 200bhp i dont get any smoke when gunning it (safely of course) went for dsg which is great when rolling but crap at pulling off, oh and im here cause i want a scoob before anyone throws me back to the audi forums
Old 21 September 2007, 01:01 PM
mac12
Scooby Regular

the audi said 2.0t on the back not tdi i looked up the bmw and i think its around 230bhp.
i would say the bmw was a bit quicker than the audi having seen them both going for it.
both times was from rolling 2nd gear.

i know what you are saying about the smoke on the audi but i have seen quite alot of cars do this when hitting full revs and changing up a gear,its only a tiny bit and only noticable from behind, the driver wouldnt even notice it because its only a very small amount.
i dont think i should be surprised really as mine only weighs 1195kg.
Old 21 September 2007, 01:08 PM
uk_scoob
Scooby Regular

i had a little play the other day with an audi a5 coupe thing . 3.0l deisel . i was faster but not by alot .

and the 535d bmw's are very fast for what they are . not been up agaisnt one yet but they do shift
Old 21 September 2007, 01:16 PM
mac12
Scooby Regular

i was surprised how slow the audi was, dont get me wrong it wasnt slow by any means just slower than i thought it would be,although i suppose the audi is a bit of a heavy weight aswell.

someone i know had a volvo t5 and he has drove the bmw 535d and said it was very quick and he said it would of seen off his t5.
the merc i think its the 320cdi seems to shift abit aswell.
Old 21 September 2007, 03:31 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I beat someone on a bike the other day, we came off the round about and he went for it, i nailed it and sailed past him, I could see him in my rear view mirror and he had no chance of catching me as he looked fooked from all that pedaling
Old 21 September 2007, 03:40 PM
satancom
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stevebt
I beat someone on a bike the other day, we came off the round about and he went for it, i nailed it and sailed past him, I could see him in my rear view mirror and he had no chance of catching me as he looked fooked from all that pedaling
Old 21 September 2007, 03:43 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

lol

Serious if my 07 puffed the slightest whisp of smoke I would be pi$$ed!
The only thing I have seen come out of 07 plate exhausts (other than diesels) is condensation from cold.
Modded turbo cars, another matter, hit the limiter and lovely black smoke appears on higher powered cars.

As for the speed of them, I think they are built more for the refinement than that outright speed.

What model was the Audi out of interest.

A3 = 197 bhp / 7 sec 0-60
A4 = 216 bhp / 6.7 sec 0-60
A6 = 167 bhp / 8.0 sec 0-60
Old 21 September 2007, 03:52 PM
Varboy
Scooby Regular

Looking at the spec of your car mate is it any surpise whatsoever?

It's not big and certainly not clever but it's damn good fun wiping smiles off smug faces. I've certainly had it done to me a couple of times when I have owned slower cars (which were fast, but not as fast as I thought) and being of a competitive nature, it stings.

Come back when you've cained an Evo or something.
Old 21 September 2007, 04:32 PM
mac12
Scooby Regular

it was an audi a4 with 2.0t and one single tail pipe on both driverside and passenger side and defanutly a small puff of black smoke unless someone rubbed a magic lamp.
not really into racing just the odd traffic light grand prix so im not going on the lookout for an evo just real life experiences where 2 said cars tried it on, so i thought i would see how fast they really were.
Old 21 September 2007, 04:37 PM
Varboy
Scooby Regular

it was an audi a4 with 2.0t and one single tail pipe on both driverside and passenger side and defanutly a small puff of black smoke unless someone rubbed a magic lamp.
not really into racing just the odd traffic light grand prix so im not going on the lookout for an evo just real life experiences where 2 said cars tried it on, so i thought i would see how fast they really were.
Totally understand, but you have a nice specced car so it's no surprise to me at all.

The puff of smoke is normal on petrol cars and indicates the driver is planting his foot down to the floor in a bid to show you who's boss.

When I was unfortunate to have to do a 120mile round trip on the M4 every day, I always took the puff of smoke as an indication it was play time.

Last edited by Varboy; 21 September 2007 at 04:38 PM. Reason: poor grammar
Old 21 September 2007, 05:43 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Varboy
Totally understand, but you have a nice specced car so it's no surprise to me at all.
It that's fast, even the pictures are blurry.
Old 21 September 2007, 06:28 PM
mac12
Scooby Regular

can i borrow you car to "pop some **** man" might brighten up the pics to improve picture quality.
Old 21 September 2007, 08:14 PM
Varboy
Scooby Regular

^^^^me stupid, me no understand posts
Old 21 September 2007, 08:58 PM
marklou
Scooby Regular

i think some people take offence to anyone saying they drove there impreza aganst another car, i think you are only allowed to accelerate upto 3,000rpm
in some scoobynetters eye's.
i think certain people only comment on thread's on here only to criticise and raise there post count and have no intention of doing anything else.
seems to be the way now,not for everyone though thankfully.
Old 21 September 2007, 11:02 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by marklou
i think some people take offence to anyone saying they drove there impreza aganst another car, i think you are only allowed to accelerate upto 3,000rpm
in some scoobynetters eye's.
i think certain people only comment on thread's on here only to criticise and raise there post count and have no intention of doing anything else.
seems to be the way now,not for everyone though thankfully.
not really !! there are some people who have a mildy modded impreza and they think their car is invinsible !! over the years my car has got more and more powerful yet I do not chase after cars !! bragging that your impreza can beat an audi or a bmw there is nothing to prove on the roads only ego's and most peoples car's power seem's to be much smaller than there ego's this thread seem's no different to people saying they have been chased by a nova or a focus, as its that stupid
Old 21 September 2007, 11:11 PM
Mikkel
Scooby Regular

Ah come on, it's fun as long as the other person is willing to have a go and there is nobody else on the road that your driving can endanger. I don't agree with people who drive all over someone who is not up for it and just because they have a fast car.

If you get a nod what's the harm? As long as you don't drive silly, or as I said endanger other road users.
Old 21 September 2007, 11:20 PM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

I have one thing to say:

Nothing more amazing than having a SW waste all these expensive POS BMWs and Audis, it makes me smile soooooooo much!

Good for you!
Old 22 September 2007, 12:27 AM
marklou
Scooby Regular

not really !! there are some people who have a mildy modded impreza and they think their car is invinsible !! over the years my car has got more and more powerful yet I do not chase after cars !! bragging that your impreza can beat an audi or a bmw there is nothing to prove on the roads only ego's and most peoples car's power seem's to be much smaller than there ego's this thread seem's no different to people saying they have been chased by a nova or a focus, as its that stupid
invinsible i didnt see anyone mentioning in this thread invinsible except you.

why have you modded your car over the years to get *more and more powerful" when you never use the turbo anyway.

nothing wrong with the speeds here mac12 says he backed off as soon as the bm and audi started doing stupid speeds.

anyway like i said some people just add nothing to threads and have no intention of doing so but hey it gets there post count up and so there ego.
Old 22 September 2007, 12:40 AM
mac12
Scooby Regular

come on now steve time for bed have you had your milk and biscuits.

dont forget your pjamas are neatly folded on top of your pillow and dont forget to leave your slippers at the bottom of the bed for the morning.

Last edited by mac12; 22 September 2007 at 12:44 AM.
Old 22 September 2007, 08:37 AM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

Erm, I get loads of new, high end petrol cars puffing out smoke from the back end when they are gunning it in front of me and holding me up, gear changes are tell tale. 1 of the worst offenders are the XJR's, there are a couple around here that used to always hold me up thinking they must obviously be quicker and therefore own the fast lane. Now we all get along and they just let me past so I can relax with nothing ahead of me. Lovely cars.
Old 22 September 2007, 10:30 AM
Norman Dog
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Footlong
1 of the worst offenders are the XJR's, there are a couple around here that used to always hold me up thinking they must obviously be quicker and therefore own the fast lane.
How can an XJR hold you up?
400BHP, 0 to 60 5.0 secs, quick enough to see off most Scoobs I'd have thought.
Old 22 September 2007, 10:37 AM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

come on now steve time for bed have you had your milk and biscuits.

dont forget your pjamas are neatly folded on top of your pillow and dont forget to leave your slippers at the bottom of the bed for the morning.

it's funny how grumpy we get after 10 cans of strongbow
Old 22 September 2007, 10:46 AM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Norman Dog
How can an XJR hold you up?
400BHP, 0 to 60 5.0 secs, quick enough to see off most Scoobs I'd have thought.
Honestly, I was contemplating getting one of these beasts and was expecting them to be quicker but in every 'encounter' I have had with one they just aren't all they are cracked up to be. Probably running auto boxes which won't help even with semi etc imo. Don't get me wrong they do go very nicely.