Sponsored by:

help with accident claim......

Search this Thread

Old 05 June 2007, 02:04 PM
smithy101
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with accident claim......

In march i was involved in an accident when someone did a u turn in front of me and i ran into the side of them.I had a whiplash injury which i claimed for but the 3rd party are not admitting liability so the case goes on.I have been going to physio and have 2 sessions left.
On sunday I was sitting at the lights when a car could'nt stop in time and went in to the back of me.The problem is i now have back and neck ache but i'm wondering if you can claim for an injury while another one is going through?
Old 05 June 2007, 02:22 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smithy101
In march i was involved in an accident when someone did a u turn in front of me and i ran into the side of them.I had a whiplash injury which i claimed for but the 3rd party are not admitting liability so the case goes on.I have been going to physio and have 2 sessions left.
On sunday I was sitting at the lights when a car could'nt stop in time and went in to the back of me.The problem is i now have back and neck ache but i'm wondering if you can claim for an injury while another one is going through?
Don't see whay not. The accidents are unrelated, and, if the first injury had improved - with doctors/physico's notes to prove, then why not.

Good luck with it.
Old 05 June 2007, 02:25 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

As above, I would agree, if they can see further injury, course you can.

Good luck with it, and get a Hans Device for cripes sake

Sorry for the poor quality of the humour.
Old 05 June 2007, 02:30 PM
monkeysan
Scooby Regular

can we have a whip round to buy you some LUCK???

harsh times youngster
Old 06 June 2007, 09:04 AM
BigStu
Scooby Regular

In layman terms, yes, you are able to claim for both personal injury claims. However, you will not receive twice the total compensation. The insurers concerned will share the payout.

To ensure that both claims are successful, you must declare both accidents to the medical expert (the expert arranged by your solicitor) and ensure that the symptoms are consistent.

Otherwise, the third party insurers may turn round and allege that you have attempted to deceive the medical expert in an attempt to obtain more money. This in turn will destroy your credibility.
Old 06 June 2007, 12:27 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by smithy101

Yes you can, although if it is made clear to the 2nd insurer that there has been a pre-existing injury then they may want to contact the first insurer and agree what proportion each pays.

Andy Mc
Old 06 June 2007, 02:04 PM
smithy101
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for the replies.....The problem is that in the first accident the other driver is claiming it was my fault (even though it blatantly was'nt) and i was only 3rd party so i won't get anything if the insurance company decide it's a 50-50 claim.I was'nt driving my subaru.
Does anyone know what would happen if the insurance companies decide that the 1st accident was 50-50 and i still go ahead with the 2nd one who's insurance company have admitted liabilty?

My head is spinning with this at mo
Old 06 June 2007, 05:08 PM
stann01
Scooby Regular

i`m still waiting to hear about my claim from march last year.
i`v e had 3 bouts of physio which helped but still get aches and pains.
the guy slammed into my rear while i was waiting at a t junction, wrote the scooby off and his insurance want to do a 50/50 ?

hope you get it all sorted fella.
Old 06 June 2007, 08:21 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Not one to generalise or make assumptions, I do not wish to cast aspersions on the veracity
of your injury. However I wonder how many whiplash claims are genuine?
Old 06 June 2007, 08:41 PM
The rookie
Scooby Regular

If the first claim goes 50:50 then you'll get half your claim from the other party, and they get half their claim from you - at least thats how it was explained to me.

Interestingly I'm being sued by someone who claims I was doing a U-turn (In which case it would have been my fault) when I was actually turning right (so it wasn't!).

Simon
Old 06 June 2007, 09:11 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Take you as they find you.

Doctor(s) will need to apportion damage to each accident.

IE if you were badly damaged by the first, then little by the second then you would have a percentage worked out accordingly - then in liability terms that % is worked out according to liability in each case

Easy

(Or so says my wife)