Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MY01 in Leicester if you're intersted...

Search this Thread

Old 22 November 2000, 03:11 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drove past Heritage on Aylestone Road in Leicester today and spotted a silver MY01 on the forecort. So had to do a quick U-Turn to have a nose.

Looks very good from every angle except the front . Now I've seen it in the flesh it does look better, but they still need to do something with those headlights... It does look bigger and those wheel arches are good. Seats don't look as 'holding' though.
The rear wing does not look as bad either. I could almost live with that. The thing I did notice was that the bonnet has much more curve downward at the front than the photos indicated. The line/bulge from the headlights to the windscreen is much more pronouced.

I only have a few mins, so I didn't have time to request a drive or a get any more details from the sales guys (also there was a P1 parked up that I wanted a look at Awesome!!)

Cheers!!

Old 22 November 2000, 03:37 PM
ian/555
Scooby Regular

Anthony Betts, in Milton Keynes has got a MY01 In Blue.
Old 22 November 2000, 04:22 PM
Rebecca
Scooby Regular

I'm told that Ace Kensington is getting one by next weekend.
Old 22 November 2000, 04:45 PM
555 Markus
Scooby Regular

Gatwick Subaru had a blue one in their showroom on Sunday. First one I've seen in the flesh and it did look better than in the piccies, but not enough to want to change mine

Mark
Old 22 November 2000, 08:54 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Angry

I am the invisible man!

My original dealer sent me a standard letter a while back saying they would contact me with news/info/test drive, and while everyone else seems to be doing something with thier dealers, mine hasn't contacted me.

I went into Anthony Betts a week ago and had a long chat with the dealer principal who assured me that I would be contacted when he had a car etc. I'VE HEARD NOTHING!!

Rant over. Must calm down. Breath deeply.
F
Old 22 November 2000, 09:49 PM
ian/555
Scooby Regular

Floyd,
if it is any consolation looks like the car was new in. It had a lot of protection on the interior trim and a bit of paper saying made in Japan stuck to the inside of one of the windows.
Old 22 November 2000, 10:25 PM
john catania
Scooby Regular

Wink

Re. MY 2001. I was lucky enough to drive one at a test day in Basingstoke 2 weeks ago. I have a MY 2000, and there was an invite from my dealer. Drive was as predicted having read a few reports. Yes, more refinement, missing gadgets a la ext. temp gauge but nothing to write home about. Car lacked "raw" driver appeal, although it hangs on well, not slow but in my opinion not quicker! IM are not going to make that mistake so soon as to admit a 0-60 decline on such a cult car I guess. Re. seats, the story is that they have cocked up on initial U.K cars. The Saloon will have "non-bucket" seats, whilst the sport wagon does. Post April they will revert to normal. The car I drove however had the correct seats, probably a little better than the current model (mine are Leather though) so maybe not a true comparison!