ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Subaru, Heritage Leicester

Search this Thread

Old 19 January 2001, 10:45 PM
Gastro
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Has anyone had experience of the sales people at Heritage, Leicester ?? I tried to buy a P1 from them - they never got back to me despite giving them a viable deal :-( So I bought one from Sheffield and saved myself £1k on the original deal......:-) Overall I thought Heritage were pretty darn poor !
Old 20 January 2001, 07:14 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

Angry

Only so far as nearly buying a green impreza from there. Asked about history of car, nothing untoward mentioned. Did HPI check to be sure, found out it had been completely resprayed (which should have been on the documents) which forced me to leave it alone. Turned out couldn't go through with the deal in the end anyway due to circumstances.

Ended up with a silver one from Beechdale in Notts when funds and situation permitted!

Just seemed a bit dodgy to me not mentioning the respray. Also said that warrenty wouldn't be affected even though it had pipercross induction kit fitted. Had Subaru lettering taken off back, asked why and bloke said it had been put on the front (which they had subsequently removed)???????

Bit bizarre if you ask me.
Old 20 January 2001, 08:54 PM
Gastro
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Oh dear - that does sound very dodgy...........:-(
The P1 they've got is probably an import - P1's only come in red - dont they ? ;-)
Old 20 January 2001, 09:29 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

Red face

I saw the P1 while I was there (back in November) and it did look nice.....couldn't afford it though

The whole thing with the respray car seemed a bit wierd, specially when you consider it was advertised on the Subaru site under the authorised second hand cars.

How much does a full body respray cost? It used to be red, now green.....I'm assuming you are looking at 1K+ for a full respray, which seems excessive if you just don't like the colour!

Personally, I found the service at Beechdale in Nottingham and Carstins in Coventry (where I showed an interest in another car!) to be excellent and can recommend either.

Glad you got yourself a P1 sorted out in the end. You would have thought in the current car buying climate garages would be falling over themselves to keep you interested in a car.

Old 20 January 2001, 09:45 PM
Gastro
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

I agree totally.........
Service (sales esp.) from all of the other garages so far has been excellent. Ho-hum - their loss :-)
Old 20 January 2001, 10:22 PM
Stef
Scooby Regular

Hanslow.
I think you'll find it had been re-sprayed due to damage rather than someone wanting to change the colour.

Stef.
Old 20 January 2001, 11:14 PM
Gastro
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Stef,

What ? Respray it from red to green ?????
I think not :-)
Old 21 January 2001, 11:47 AM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

Smile

Fills you with confidence doesn't it. You ask about the complete history of the car and fail to be told it has been resprayed (possibly from accident - as you mention).

Just glad I didn't (and couldn't!) go for it.

Personally I thought the green looked OK, although I was after a silver or DBM.

Call me naive, but I wish people were sometimes a little more honest and forthcoming with info. Having said that, if the dealer had told me it had been resprayed or in an accident, I would have probably walked away there and then. Just shows you still have to be careful.....

Old 21 January 2001, 11:56 AM
PeterPerfect
Scooby Regular

Talking

Steve !
You should be out there getting some miles in to finish your first tank of fuel, not sitting at the computer...eh..thats what I'm doing
Old 21 January 2001, 03:21 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

Talking

I'll have you know I'm on at least my third tank of petrol...AND I've cleaned it once. I would go out more but there are some crazy drivers out there....DBM MY99s....scary nutters!

Old 21 January 2001, 10:51 PM
SCOTTY
Scooby Regular

Stef,

Do you know the car in question? Surely if someone had a damaged car they would have it painted back the same colour. To do a full colour change on a car properly (if it was done so) is a major job.

Scotty.