On a more serious note..

Search this Thread

Old 23 March 2007, 09:42 PM
bluto22b
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default On a more serious note..

Right, Browns budget.

I have visited the DVLA website and unearthed an unbelievable flaw in the current emissions based excise duty banding. Consider this example:

Ronnie Jones bought an MY01 WRX in January 2001 (one of the first in the country). He pays £180 because his car was registered before the 1st March 2001.

Billy Smith bought an MY01 WRX in March 2001 and now pays £205 because his car was registered after the 1st March.

The cars are bloody identical for god's sake and both emit the same CO2 (not that it matters anyway, the oceans emit more CO2 per square mile in four hours than every single city in the world does in a week!!!)
We are being brainwashed by the "green lobby" it is political now and "fashionable" to speak green issues, we are on the "green" road to hell
Old 23 March 2007, 09:45 PM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

Money makes the world go around.....

Shame we all seem to jump on the bandwagon without any hesitation..
Old 23 March 2007, 09:49 PM
KIPS
Scooby Regular

Location: ESSEX ...BORN AND BRED PETROL HEAD....................... MANS BEST FRIEND IS A ENGLISH BULL TERRIER

kip
Old 23 March 2007, 09:51 PM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Janspeed
Money makes the world go around.....

Shame we all seem to jump on the bandwagon without any hesitation..
OMG it was that nuubo who started the thread!! Arghhhhhh damn......
Old 23 March 2007, 10:01 PM
bluto22b
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Janspeed
OMG it was that nuubo who started the thread!! Arghhhhhh damn......
Not very observant are you. You have just dipped down another four rungs of the respect ladder.

Go back to scrubbing floors
Old 23 March 2007, 10:02 PM
bluto22b
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by KIPS

kip
I take it you are one of Brown's bum boys?
Old 23 March 2007, 10:02 PM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bluto22b
Not very observant are you. You have just dipped down another four rungs of the respect ladder.

Go back to scrubbing floors
Old perv!
Old 23 March 2007, 10:07 PM
marmski
Scooby Regular

Right, Browns budget.

I have visited the DVLA website and unearthed an unbelievable flaw in the current emissions based excise duty banding. Consider this example:

Ronnie Jones bought an MY01 WRX in January 2001 (one of the first in the country). He pays £180 because his car was registered before the 1st March 2001.

Billy Smith bought an MY01 WRX in March 2001 and now pays £205 because his car was registered after the 1st March.

The cars are bloody identical for god's sake and both emit the same CO2 (not that it matters anyway, the oceans emit more CO2 per square mile in four hours than every single city in the world does in a week!!!)
We are being brainwashed by the "green lobby" it is political now and "fashionable" to speak green issues, we are on the "green" road to hell

Dude.. i have the same issue... not alot u can do about it but deal with it.

If only my MY05 STi was registered 7 days earlier it would be on Band F and not Band G
Old 23 March 2007, 10:10 PM
KIPS
Scooby Regular

Location: ESSEX ...BORN AND BRED PETROL HEAD....................... MANS BEST FRIEND IS A ENGLISH BULL TERRIER

I take it you are one of Brown's bum boys?
just shows you can only abuse when you know your beat
Old 24 March 2007, 09:51 PM
bluto22b
Scooby Regular

OTE=marmski;6776305]Dude.. i have the same issue... not alot u can do about it but deal with it.

If only my MY05 STi was registered 7 days earlier it would be on Band F and not Band G [/QUOTE]

This is bloody typical. So if this current shambles of a government announce in their next budget that road tolling will be rolled in from 2009 at £10 per mile you will just roll over and take it? Pathetic.

Some people have no guts, stand up for your rights for gods sake otherwise these idiots in the current shambolic goverment will p!ss all over you.
Old 25 March 2007, 10:18 AM
Dan W
Scooby Regular

Location: Secretly saving for another Blobeye STI. Crystal Grey. Widetrack

I have to agree with bluto. We are moaning but not doing anything about it. As I said on the other thread, we should all take action even if you are not yet affected it is simply a matter of time. Action should be taking now. I'm ready to roll. I'm not saying it just to blow hot air.
Old 25 March 2007, 11:37 AM
scotthldr
Scooby Regular

How about this then- What if SN was to get a petition going and hopefully all members signed it displaying their disgust at the recent Road Tax changes Then make other sites ie; Mitsu site, Celica club etc etc, aware of this. Most car makes have an owners site and if they all done the same that would be a hella lot of signatures then this Robin Hood Goverment that we have would have to sit up and take notice. Just a thought

The goverment didn't give the motorist the chance to protest about this, the first that I was aware of this was about a week before the budget, typical goverment do everything by the back door including most of their relationships.

I would like to point out that the the increase to £400 doesn't actually affect me (05WRX) but as someone said on here earlier, if the goverment think they can get off with it then they will try some thing similar across the board.