Sponsored by:

Hello from a newbie

Search this Thread

Old 11 December 2006, 01:05 PM
new2scoobs
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from a newbie

Hello everyone I've just started looking to buy my first scooby and thought it would be a good idea to ask some questions first. Don't know much about them but I have done a bit of reading and think I'm after an official car not an import cos of insurance.I reckon about 11 grand will be my limit but I want a moded car not standard. What sort of thing can I expect for that money.Looked at the older style imprezas like the richard burn and mcrae but think something a bit newer might be bettter for me. Maybe one of the ones they brought out dtraight after the first. I've seen them with morette headlights at meets and really like the looks.Any advice especially about what sort of mods I should be looking for would be really great thanks Dave.
Old 11 December 2006, 01:41 PM
Ryo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by new2scoobs
Hello everyone I've just started looking to buy my first scooby and thought it would be a good idea to ask some questions first. Don't know much about them but I have done a bit of reading and think I'm after an official car not an import cos of insurance.I reckon about 11 grand will be my limit but I want a moded car not standard. What sort of thing can I expect for that money.Looked at the older style imprezas like the richard burn and mcrae but think something a bit newer might be bettter for me. Maybe one of the ones they brought out dtraight after the first. I've seen them with morette headlights at meets and really like the looks.Any advice especially about what sort of mods I should be looking for would be really great thanks Dave.
Welcome!

Regarding your questions, the best advice I can give is to spend a few hours on here searching existing posts and browsing around. Use the search functioin at the top - its pretty good!
Old 11 December 2006, 02:22 PM
new2scoobs
BANNED

Thanks, did some searching but still trying to work out why the round headlight cars are almost the same price as the original cars. They seem to have so much more going for them. What sort of spec do you reckn I should nbe looking for at my price an sti maybe?
Old 11 December 2006, 03:08 PM
Multijfj
Scooby Regular

Hi mate and welcome, I found insuring a JDM car is actually cheaper than insuring a UK car, I dont know why but I am not going to argue! Im paying just under £12k for my car (03) which is an STI, with 18 inch prodrive alloys, sti genome exhaust etc. 330bhp, only 28k miles, its a realy good deal. Just to give you an idea what you can pick up for your money!