Sponsored by:

Fireworks

Search this Thread

Old 11 June 2001, 12:05 PM
zoog
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bugger fireworks!

I remember making a proper pipe bomb with the neighbours kids when we were about 13, using copper pipe, weedkiller and sugar. Let it of on a dirt track.

Made a VERY big bang, jolly good fun, but probably worth a few years detention in a young offenders institutuion.

[Edited by zoog - 11/6/2001 12:14:07 PM]
Old 05 November 2001, 07:54 PM
Robertio
Scooby Regular

Angry

Would people kindly keep them to organised dislpays, or out in the countryside, not set them off in the middle of a residential area.

I've had to put up with the bl00dy things going off every day & night for the last month, and tonight has been the worst (surprise that )

I've had to move my car as close to the house as I posibly can to minimise the risk of bits falling from the sky on top of it, and on to the grass, to cut down the vibrations which have been setting the alarm off [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] grrrrrr
Old 05 November 2001, 10:47 PM
zoog
Scooby Regular

In London fireworks "night" lasts from somewhere around Oct 10th to November 30th.

Gets a bit boring after 2 nights.
Old 05 November 2001, 11:50 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
It'll be Christmas soon... Bah Humbug!!
Old 06 November 2001, 08:33 AM
Diablo
Scooby Regular

Gotta agree with Robertio on this one.

Wee sh*tes were chucking rockets into an unsupervised bonfire in the middle of a residential area last night.

Not one of them over 18, so how did they get hold of the fireworks in the first place.[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Never mind the damage to people and property - what about the animals?

If it was up to me it would be illegal to sell fireworks to the public, no matter how old they were. Organised displays (which would of course be free and subsidised) only.

D
Old 06 November 2001, 10:45 AM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Angry

Totally agree.
Fireworks should be banned from sale to the general public and limited to organised displays. That way you would see a much better display than you could do in your back garden - it won't annoy all the people living in the street/estate and fecking 8 year old kids won't be running around throwing and letting off bangers all bl88dy day and night [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] Just totally sick of it now, and going on into the early hours of the morning takes the pi$$ - you ain't even allowed to sound your horn late, let alone a fapping explosions.
Old 06 November 2001, 11:45 AM
KimA
Scooby Regular

Angry

I nearly swerved into the oncoming lane last night - some gardens back onto the main road I was driving along - a firework was set off (right next to the road) making me jump (the flash of lights and the noise combined) - not funny

The cats aren't enjoying it either
Old 06 November 2001, 11:49 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

So no-one here ever played with fireworks, bangers etc and doesn't enjoy an evening's pyromania?

Let's ban performance cars. They harm the environment and kill people.
Old 06 November 2001, 11:53 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Wink

(climbs into Asbestos suit)
Old 06 November 2001, 11:56 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Talking

Chiark - I was going to say exactly the same thing, but I burned a hole in my suit letting of fireworks last week
Old 06 November 2001, 12:02 PM
Seamus
Scooby Regular

I agree in as much as they should be let off in a sensible place by sensible people (if there are any left).

However the to55ers in the old Cortina who threw a firework out of the window of their car, whilst driving along the A14, into the path of my sisters car at the weekend deserve all they get. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] I suggest starting with inserting the largest available banger rectally and setting it going. See how funny that is. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 06 November 2001, 12:04 PM
KimA
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

To be a bore - no I never played around with fireworks as a kid (would have needed a small flameproof suit to protect me from my mother's roasting)
Old 06 November 2001, 12:49 PM
dba
Scooby Regular

Robertio,

you will be pleased to know I have fuked my gate up by putting a flame thrower they call a "Catherine Wheel on it"

ps you miserable git
Old 06 November 2001, 06:53 PM
Robertio
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

dba, I am indeed glad to hear that, let it be a lesson to you

Nick, nope, never played around with fireworks, etc. as a kid, too busy playing football, etc. I don't see why I should have to pay to get any damage to my car fixed because some idiot decided to let off an exploding object near my house. (Luckily no damage was done last night)

Thankfully it was none of my immediate neighbours, or they'd of found the joys of having the missle sequence from Tomorrow Never Dies played through well over 500W of speakers during the night.
Old 06 November 2001, 08:11 PM
Pbone
Scooby Regular

You lot are really miserable
Some people are sensible enough to have a firework party you know, I had one this year, and it was fairly loud, and I invited nearly the whole street and it was a good evening with fireworks at the beginning followed by food and *some* alchoholic beverages.(in that order) and everyone enjoyed it. I also think that the legal age for buying them should be raised to 25, afterall they are EXPLOSIVES when all said and done. (rant over)
Old 06 November 2001, 10:46 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Talking

Robertio - we know you are just to mean to buy fireworks

We had a mammoth display last week for Halloween. Same as above - Fireworks, food, loads and loads of beer, more food, more beer, more beer, got rid of the kids, more beer etc. I did mange to bounce one faulty rocket of the side of my car. Agree about restricting sales to sensible people. I truely believe that I am not responsible enough to buy fireworks.

p.s. Did I mention I am now working on the necessary qualifications to buy Catagory 4 stuff next year..... should be a hoot
Old 07 November 2001, 12:36 AM
haynesaj
Scooby Regular

I agree with the sentiment here. I was a pyromaniac as a kid and I can see why they appeal to children/teenagers. Launching rockets at people or buildings through drainpipes did seem fun at the time.

However, now that I'm older I know that I wouldn't want my children having access or being exposed to them in the same manner. Where I live, people seem to be setting them off all hours of the night or early morning and I regard them as very anti-social.

More importantly, if having them restricted to public displays, saves the eye sight of one child....then it would be worth it, surely?